Most reasonable people would try something for themselves before judging it. Only the most blinded "fanboy" (and I don't like using that term) who has not tried BB10 would go on and on for pages trying to convince someone who has actually tried both platforms that BlackBerry Flow is inferior to Android.
    Just to clear up this misconception. Yes I've tried it. I like to try everything. A colleague at work bought one on my recommendation, and I've been helping him set it up so I've spent quite a bit of time on it. That's also why I'm back on the CB forums after a long hiatus, I'm looking for fixes and tips
    02-26-13 10:05 AM
    Obviously you haven't spent much time with it if you think you scroll down for the "9th application".
    02-26-13 10:10 AM
    Obviously you haven't spent much time with it if you think you scroll down for the "9th application".
    Where did I say that? Here's my exact quote: "What if your weather app is the fifth app? Extra swipe. What if it becomes the ninth app? Multiple swipes."

Here's the process of finding out the weather if it becomes the 9th app.
    Swipe up to see active frames. It's not there, maybe it's on the second page of active frames.
    Swipe to go to the second page. Still not there, time to go to the grid of icons.
    Swipe to the right, start looking for the weather app.
    02-26-13 10:18 AM
    Where did I say that? Here's my exact quote: "What if your weather app is the fifth app? Extra swipe. What if it becomes the ninth app? Multiple swipes."

Swipe up to see active frames. It's not there, maybe it's on the second page of active frames.
    Swipe to go to the second page. Still not there, time to go to the grid of icons.
    Haha. Whoa. Don't you think that's a bit of a stretch from what you originally said? Anyways, have fun with this thread. I've already made my decision as to which UI is superior.
    02-26-13 10:33 AM

You seem to like to pick and choose your scenarios, please tell me how many extra swipes to reply to 10 messages from different apps on your platform? With the Hub they're all in one place.

PS, nobody expects the Z10 be more effective in all situations, just on those most important ones.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 10:35 AM
    You guys are all arguing back and forth over notification systems, but under different circumstances. No one is right and no one is wrong...just different perspectives.

If your phone is sitting in front of you on a desk, you get only a handful of emails an hour, with the odd text message and IM thrown in, the banner notification system in iOS is great. They pop up automatically on screen and play a tone if you want with zero device interaction needed. It is arguably more "efficient" than the BB10 system under those conditions.

But if you happen to be a user that's out and about, phone buried in your pocket inaccessible for periods of time during your meetings with people, and you get 10 emails, 5 IMs and 3 text messages during that time, the Hub let's you deal with all of those in one place. There is no into your email app, back to the home screen (or task switcher), into your IM app, back to the home screen, into you're messages app, back out etc.

I can't speak about Android as my experience with it hasn't been beyond a few minutes at a time on my friends' devices.
    02-26-13 10:39 AM
    You seem to like to pick and choose your scenarios, please tell me how many extra swipes to reply to 10 messages from different apps on your platform? With the Hub they're all in one place.

PS, nobody expects the Z10 be more effective in all situations, just on those most important ones.

Posted via CB10
    Belfast, this is the most diplomatic you have ever been!

People, it's all good. We all learn with the transfer of information. Can't wait to see hub in action. Hopefully, Sprint cooperates...
    pkcable likes this.
    02-26-13 10:41 AM
    You guys are all arguing back and forth over notification systems, but under different circumstances. No one is right and no one is wrong...just different perspectives.

If your phone is sitting in front of you on a desk, you get only a handful of emails an hour, with the odd text message and IM thrown in, the banner notification system in iOS is great. They pop up automatically on screen and play a tone if you want with zero device interaction needed. It is arguably more "efficient" than the BB10 system under those conditions.

But if you happen to be a user that's out and about, phone buried in your pocket inaccessible for periods of time during your meetings with people, and you get 10 emails, 5 IMs and 3 text messages during that time, the Hub let's you deal with all of those in one place. There is no into your email app, back to the home screen (or task switcher), into your IM app, back to the home screen, into you're messages app, back out etc.

I can't speak about Android as my experience with it hasn't been beyond a few minutes at a time on my friends' devices.
    Lol, sitting at a desk is not my definition of mobile phone use, the key word is mobile

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 10:42 AM
    Belfast, this is the most diplomatic you have ever been!

People, it's all good. We all learn with the transfer of information. Can't wait to see hub in action. Hopefully, Sprint cooperates...
    Lol, I can safely say getting to my weather app will NEVER be a priority, if weather is important you get one that sends the critical information to you not the other way around. But since I'm in Ireland......................lol

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 10:45 AM
    Lol, I can safely say getting to my weather app will NEVER be a priority, if weather is important you get one that sends the critical information to you not the other way around. But since I'm in Ireland......................lol

Posted via CB10
    It's also possible that BBRY could add weather and stocks widgets to the top of the HUB, just like the calendar widget (I'll call it a widget for lack of a better term). Again, nothing is ever perfect on the 1st try. Took apple years to add a weather widget!. The Z10 is a good device, I'd like to see one issue addressed (I do consider it an issue) before I take it seriously, either at the OS level or by a 3rd party, doesn't matter to me which.
    02-26-13 10:54 AM
    It's also possible that BBRY could add weather and stocks widgets to the top of the HUB, just like the calendar widget (I'll call it a widget for lack of a better term). Again, nothing is ever perfect on the 1st try. Took apple years to add a weather widget!. The Z10 is a good device, I'd like to see one issue addressed (I do consider it an issue) before I take it seriously, either at the OS level or by a 3rd party, doesn't matter to me which.
    Sorted:

Check out HUB++ in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/23216879

"Message Popup no matter what app you're in"

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 11:14 AM
    Sorted:

Check out HUB++ in BlackBerry World! You can find it at BlackBerry World - HUB++

"Message Popup no matter what app you're in"

Posted via CB10
    There's the first app on my "to buy" list when the 10 arrives here.
    02-26-13 11:21 AM
    That shouldn't be. Besides that her phone obviously shouldn't crash or need reboots, notifications she didn't swipe off SHOULD reappear. As the services start again (mail etc.) they see the unread messages not yet handled (that is, notifications not swiped away nor read) and post them again, or they are persistent in the notification area, I don't know how it's handled, but whichever the approach, they definitely should reappear and always did on every Android phone I every had.

But I agree with you it's reassuring knowing there is a central place to ultimately be notified, sure a good thing to have! Can be overcome by taking a look at each individual channel, but definitely not as comfortable as the hub.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2
    Hm thanks for the reply.. Going to try to send her an email or two then restarting her phone. I remember notifications wouldn't appear initially in the swipe down bar but maybe as you say, the services have yet to start up? I've never checked after a couple of minutes so I'll look out for this.
    02-26-13 11:34 AM
    The thread is under review but while it is please enjoy this important message from our sponsors.......

Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don�t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you�re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won�t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    Masahiro likes this.
    02-26-13 11:46 AM
    Usually I edit the under review message, BUT I think I'm going to leave it, since I like the message it conveys. Ok here's the deal!

Folks, I delete multiple posts AND issued infractions, please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines and in paricular.....

Post in the Right Forum
    We’ve done our best to layout the forum categories so they are logical and make sense. When you are creating a new thread, do your best to get it in the right category. We want these forums to be value added and educational. The General CrackBerry Discussion and General RIM/BlackBerry Discussion are good places to post if you have a serious question but are not quite sure where to put it. These forums are less stringently moderated, while specific forums (BlackBerry 8700 Series for example) are more strictly moderated to maintain their quality and usefulness.

And of course, we also have the Off-Topic Discussion forum. This is the place on the site to have fun and talk about whatever. From sports to the weather to what to buy your girlfriend for her birthday (buying her a new blackberry is always a good thing), anything goes in here. Just remember to keep it clean, keep it productive and keep it legal!

Make Meaningful Posts
    While CrackBerry.com is geared as much towards entertaining and connecting the Crackberry community as it is to helping solve problems and staying on top of news and rumors, all posts made within the site should be value added and on topic to the thread (even in the free for all). Hijacking a thread off-topic is a big No-No, and posts made for no reason other than to increase post count will be wiped from the site.

Personal Attacks
    Do not flame, insult or post personal attacks against other users. Be courteous, not rude. Any instances or reports of harassment of members will be treated seriously. CrackBerry.com has a zero tolerance policy against this kind of behavior, which may result with an immediate temporary or permanent ban at moderators' discretion. CrackBerry.com is a friendly place - treat members with respect at all times. If you don't have something nice to say, do not say it!

Reporting a bad post
    There is a "Report bad post" button on the top right side of each post (red/white triangle) or you can send a PM to a moderator.

AND let me add........

[warn]Trolling
    Please do not troll in the forums. Do not flame, insult or post personal attacks against other users. Do not make posts just for creating arguments. Be courteous, not rude. Any instances or reports of trolling posts and/or harassment of other members will be treated seriously. CrackBerry.com has a zero tolerance policy against this kind of behavior, which may result with an immediate temporary or permanent ban at moderators' discretion. CrackBerry.com is a friendly place - treat members with respect at all times. If you don't have something nice to say, do not say it![/warn]

We now return you to your regularly schedule thread already in progress!
    02-26-13 12:37 PM
    I am amazed that this conversation is still going on is it that important on how the notifications work. Reading threw it all and based on all the back and forth the we should forget about the sole purpose of the true BB and buy a phone based on how notifications are being handled. like i said in one of pervious posts every os is different and all our needs are different i use the BB for its messaging capabilities its first and foremost because i use it for business, my z10 is very good in some ways and i think they did a great job getting rid of screen clutter what i love about the peek because it shows me what i need at a glance. i have the android with widgets and to me its cool looking but its not perfect. IOS has the pull down also not perfect. Peek is sideways and its not perfect. So with all the points of view has anyone come up wit the perfect peek/notifications screen? I think BB prime focus was to create a notification way that can be used with one hand. every body in the smartphone industry is always looking to have the next edge BB did something different and its going to work until the next company tops it.
    Masahiro likes this.
    02-26-13 01:33 PM
141 ... 456