OK, so I'll answer my own question - in case someone is looking for this answer.

I'm on the 10.1 maintenance release (Telus) and pBBl works as described above. Phone calls and SMS messages come in instantly, but I can only see my yahoo mail (IMAP). My activesync accounts don't work. Also, I can see music but cant forward, pause etc. Havent tried Twitter.

I used my iPhone 4 to download clock faces and the Golf GPS app.
    Looking forward to seeing how this and Stream develop. I haven't tried Stream yet as I think you need 10.2 for it and I'm not quite ready to try a leak with the official 10.2 around the corner.

Sorry if I missed this but do you need 10.2 for Pbbl to work?

Posted via CB10
    wikison likes this.
    09-22-13 07:00 PM
    AT&T will be carrying the Pebble soon too. Hopefully this sparks some more developer interest to get a BB10 app that's equivalent to Android!

Pebble Smartwatch Available September 27 | AT&T
    09-25-13 12:28 PM
    I have created a BBM group for Pebble owners, check it out here : http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=857630

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 06:29 PM
    Where do i purchase one i live in toronto, ive beeen searching for quite some time now, pls help me anybody

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 12:16 PM
    3 choices :
    - getpebble.com (you'll have to wait a few months to get one)
    - ebay / kijiji / Craigslist
    - Drive to a BestBuy USA and hope they got stock

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 07:37 PM
    Yeah i'm thinking about driving to the boarder to get one, cuz the online ordering system is taking forever. Everything is on back order. Thanks for the response

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 07:31 AM
    So I finally tried my Pebble with the FreeCaddie app. Had to pair it with my iPhone 4 since PbbL doesn't do Bluetooth notifications (as far as I can tell) and the FreeCaddie app needs to communicate to the Pebble via Bluetooth. My initial delight at being able to read the yardage (which was quite accurate) soon turned to disappointment as I couldn't easily get it to go to the next hole (buttons too finicky and hated taking the phone out to tap on an icon -- which also wasn't responding well due to cold fingers on a cold day). Also, it kept dropping the Bluetooth connection to the iPhone (which was in my pull cart and not always close by). After 7 holes, I gave up as the Pebble stopped working completely and got stuck in recovery mode - I couldn't fix that until I got home. Funny thing is I played the best round of the year after ditching the gadgets

In any event, I'll give it another shot, keeping my iPhone in my pocket. Still hoping to use PbbL or Stream on my Z10. Hopefully Bluetooth notifications will be permitted.
    10-13-13 02:23 AM
    Yeah i'm thinking about driving to the boarder to get one, cuz the online ordering system is taking forever. Everything is on back order. Thanks for the response

Posted via CB10
    I did online.

Going on 2 months. Still waiting. They processed for a month, and apparently it's been shipping for about a month too.

Posted via CB from my LE
    10-14-13 05:06 PM
    Got em today loving it

Posted via CB from my LE
    10-19-13 12:34 AM
    Hi all just waiting for my pebble to ship to the UK...I saw an app being mentioned called stream just wondering what it was and where can I get it? since we all know the app support is poor for this watch

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 04:55 PM
    Hi all just waiting for my pebble to ship to the UK...I saw an app being mentioned called stream just wondering what it was and where can I get it? since we all know the app support is poor for this watch

Posted via CB10
    You have to join his channel. Wait until 9 to 5 his time, ask for a link, and maybe he will set you up as a beta user...

You can grab Pbbl for free in appworld too.

Posted via CB from my LE
    10-22-13 05:51 PM
    I know this post it's about pebble, but how many smart watches are there for my z10? I read about the I'm watch!!!! Look pretty good. Someone knows about it?
    Where can I read about some tested smartwatches for BlackBerry OS10?

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 06:16 PM
    Thanks for the tip I'm on his channel so hopefully I'll get to beta test his app

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 01:32 AM
    Please invite me to get group : 24C7B65A

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 07:02 AM
    Just got my pebble 2 days ago and it was well worth the wait check out my new slick wrap from amazon and the new leather watch strap
    Pebble + Z10. My experience so far.-img_00000213.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 03:06 PM
    Hey guys I was just recommend to another new app for pebble called talk2mywatch it still is a work in progress but another great alternative and seems to work really well..tell me what you think..oh and it's available in Blackberry world

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 02:43 AM
    Just picked up my Pebble Watch from Best Buy!
    11-03-13 03:30 PM
    Hey a great product deserves a great app go to blackberry world and download talk2mywatch it really is a great app and is still being worked on so you will receive the support you need from all of us on here

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 03:48 PM
    Hey a great product deserves a great app go to blackberry world and download talk2mywatch it really is a great app and is still being worked on so you will receive the support you need from all of us on here

Posted via CB10
    Got it! This is the app I'm using. easy setup. Working great so far. Thanks!
    11-03-13 04:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    Will test it. Currently using pbbl, but looks like this one has a bit more for features.

Posted via CB from my LE
    11-03-13 06:17 PM
    Alas Best Buy has them in my area but I don't wear a watch!
    11-04-13 12:23 AM
    have you tried the pebble app talk2mywatch which is currently the better option since you can control your music get Facebook & Twitter updates BBM is still not on the menu but I'm sure will be in the future and of course the caller ID is still a work in progress. the Developer is really nice guy who started this a s project since there was little to no support for Blackberry 10
    11-04-13 04:03 AM
    And it will so everything with the music EXCEPT switch songs, but will show connected for audio remote on BT properties, and if you open music on the Pebble it will display what you're listening to but alas, you can't change songs.
    Attachment 201477

Posted via CB10
    download talk2mywatch from blackberry world it's the best option so far for the pebble if you have a blackberry. the developer is currently working on a Beta version which I am testing and will release this once the bugs have been fixed
    olllllo1978 likes this.
    11-04-13 04:08 AM
    Talk to my watch app doesn't push my emails near as well as pbbl, the BBM push feature will more than likely never be available to developers, I don't anticipate BlackBerry making the api available to them.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 06:11 AM
    Talk to my watch app doesn't push my emails near as well as pbbl, the BBM push feature will more than likely never be available to developers, I don't anticipate BlackBerry making the api available to them.

Posted via CB10
    The problem with pbbl for me is it doesn't push all my email accounts. Some never push and it seems to be for some accounts.

As for bbm. If communicated up to the right people, I'm certain beta bbm api's could be leveraged.

Posted via CB from my LE
    11-04-13 06:47 AM
66 123