I decided to pick up the Pebble at Best Buy this evening and try out the Pbbl app with my Z10. I'm an hour into it and goofing around with the watch and I personally am so for impressed. Not bothered by the fact the app has to stay open for functionality as I have usually 4-5 active frames running at once. It works well between rooms in my house and even outside in the yard. Running on OS 10.2.0.1443 on STL 100-4. No lag between receiving an sms on my Z and when the Pebble goes off. My Yahoo email come through too with no issues. Anybody else that has a Pebble and running it on their Z or Q have issues yet? Like I said, I'm an hour in and I love the combo. Cannot wait to see full functionality in the near future. Now my boss can't yell at me for constantly having my Berry out and look like I'm slacking! I feel like **** Tracy.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 09:55 PM
    Good to hear it

I wish they were more accessible in Canada. They don't answer emails or order requests from their website anymore and just seem to ignore folks.

Posted via CB from my LE
    olllllo1978 likes this.
    09-13-13 09:57 PM
    That is a shame. Not having BBM come through is a bit of a killer, but I'll wait it out and see what comes down the pipeline for this bad boy.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 09:59 PM
    I am going to look into this, I was a big fan of Tracy and use to wonder if I would every see this, can't let that get by...!
    olllllo1978 likes this.
    09-13-13 10:56 PM
    I've now noticed, and it may be due to the I am running a 10.2 leak, that it will do SMS, email, phone calls (minus caller ID that was mentioned) but it will send Twitter messages but not Facebook. Facebook isn't even there on the app nor does it go to the Pebble. Not sure if that is an OS-Bluetooth dependant feature or if how the Pbbl app is set up.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 11:16 PM
    And it will so everything with the music EXCEPT switch songs, but will show connected for audio remote on BT properties, and if you open music on the Pebble it will display what you're listening to but alas, you can't change songs.
    Pebble + Z10. My experience so far.-img_00000518.png

Posted via CB10
    Mel25 likes this.
    09-14-13 12:08 AM
    Thanks for giving us some insight on the pebble and the z10. I've been debating this since yesterday evening... I only wished BBMs would push to it, then i could rarely feel the need to get to my desk to check my phone in the shop.

So it does push call notifications? Meaning, if someone calls does it send an alert to the pebble?
    olllllo1978 likes this.
    09-14-13 10:21 AM
    Yes , it will vibrate and and display that you have a call, it just wont show the name of the person calling. Then, while your in-call, the watch will show your call timer, and that you're connected to a call.
    Thanks for giving us some insight on the pebble and the z10. I've been debating this since yesterday evening... I only wished BBMs would push to it, then i could rarely feel the need to get to my desk to check my phone in the shop.

So it does push call notifications? Meaning, if someone calls does it send an alert to the pebble?
    Camelhmpz and JLC3 like this.
    09-14-13 10:41 AM
    Awesome. I've looked at used pebble watches.. they are a bit expensive right now! Is there a major difference in the "kickstarter edition" and the ones at best buy?

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 10:47 AM
    Alright. I got 2 shipping - will get back to u folks on it.

I'll probably go for Riteshs steam app. Just because I trust his dev skills.

Posted via CB from my LE
    09-14-13 08:44 PM
    Alright. I got 2 shipping - will get back to u folks on it.

I'll probably go for Riteshs steam app. Just because I trust his dev skills.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Is there another Pebble app for BB10 out there other than the Pbbl app? Or is the one you're talking about the one that is in the works right now. I remember something about it. I haven't messed around with it more today until now.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 10:03 PM
    Yes sir. There is this one too.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=842957

Planning to try both when it arrives

Posted via CB from my LE
    olllllo1978 likes this.
    09-14-13 10:28 PM
    Yes sir. There is this one too.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=842957

Planning to try both when it arrives

Posted via CB from my LE
    Outstanding. I will give this a go around too. Much thanks!

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 11:06 PM
    Another thing I have done: I used my friends Android phone to download the actual Pebble app, updated the Pebble's firmware to the latest version which seems to be a bit better, downloaded a bunch of new watch faces, then re-setup the Pebble with my Z10 and it seems to work a little better. Could be placebo effect. But nonetheless, make sure you update the watch's firmware.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 01:15 AM
    Good idea . I have a few spare android devices I use for development.

Posted via CB from my LE
    09-15-13 04:36 AM
    I decided to pick up the Pebble at Best Buy this evening and try out the Pbbl app with my Z10. I'm an hour into it and goofing around with the watch and I personally am so for impressed. Not bothered by the fact the app has to stay open for functionality as I have usually 4-5 active frames running at once. It works well between rooms in my house and even outside in the yard. Running on OS 10.2.0.1443 on STL 100-4. No lag between receiving an sms on my Z and when the Pebble goes off. My Yahoo email come through too with no issues. Anybody else that has a Pebble and running it on their Z or Q have issues yet? Like I said, I'm an hour in and I love the combo. Cannot wait to see full functionality in the near future. Now my boss can't yell at me for constantly having my Berry out and look like I'm slacking! I feel like **** Tracy.

Posted via CB10
    You may have just found what my wife needs to get me for Christmas! Thanks.
    09-15-13 03:01 PM
    I have been trying to update the firmware too. I didn't think about using another phone. I have an iPhone 5 and I will try that today. We you able to download new watch faces on your droid, then use then with you reconnected to your Blackberry? I am also curious if you can connect 2 phones at once?

Another thing I have done: I used my friends Android phone to download the actual Pebble app, updated the Pebble's firmware to the latest version which seems to be a bit better, downloaded a bunch of new watch faces, then re-setup the Pebble with my Z10 and it seems to work a little better. Could be placebo effect. But nonetheless, make sure you update the watch's firmware.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 08:25 AM
    I have been trying to update the firmware too. I didn't think about using another phone. I have an iPhone 5 and I will try that today. We you able to download new watch faces on your droid, then use then with you reconnected to your Blackberry? I am also curious if you can connect 2 phones at once?
    I used my iPhone to download faces and update the firmware. The faces are stored on the watch so you can use them all the time no matter where you installed them. You can have multiple devices paired to the watch but only one connected at a time AFAIK.
    09-16-13 08:50 AM
    Edited...nevermind. Deleted the app and started over. It paired. Thanks for the help.

for some reason my iPhone 5 won't pair. the set up process with the iPhone pebble app is smooth until I try to pair and I keep getting a pair unsuccessful message. i turned off bluetooth on the Q10 and closed the app....not sure what could be keeping the iPhone from pairing. i have never had issues with the iPhone pairing with anything else.

I used my iPhone to download faces and update the firmware. The faces are stored on the watch so you can use them all the time no matter where you installed them. You can have multiple devices paired to the watch but only one connected at a time AFAIK.
    Last edited by waterfrontmgmt; 09-16-13 at 09:20 AM.
    09-16-13 08:58 AM
    Edited...nevermind. Deleted the app and started over. It paired. Thanks for the help.

for some reason my iPhone 5 won't pair. the set up process with the iPhone pebble app is smooth until I try to pair and I keep getting a pair unsuccessful message. i turned off bluetooth on the Q10 and closed the app....not sure what could be keeping the iPhone from pairing. i have never had issues with the iPhone pairing with anything else.
    I had to do the same exact thing with my friend's Galaxy....i have never really used an android phone before this so I felt a bit dumb but we had the same issue and after starting over per the Pebble's FAQ on their website we got it perfectly the second attempt at pairing.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 11:23 AM
    it ends up a missed a step on the watch side, where you have to hit select to pair on the watch itself.. I was just hitting pair on the phone. I will say that if you have this watch on BB10, it is worth getting a droid or iPhone and updating to the latest software (1.12?). my watch time was running fast. the update seems to have fixed that, plus the watch faces are a great option. it's nice having the time AND date show up in a digital format.
    olllllo1978 likes this.
    09-16-13 01:46 PM
    OK so I got my today during a work break at best buy. I'm using the available app "Pbbl" and the beta version of "Stream".

First impressions are it's not as bulky as I feared. Has a modern face to it, and isn't flashy. I got the black cause I didn't want it to say "hey look at me!"

So far it's working decent, I enjoy seeing the texts without getting up for the phone or digging in my jeans. I can leave the phone on my desk and goof off without my phone.

Pbbl works well with the sms, email, phone (minus caller id) and I haven't used twitter with it. No trouble connecting or pairing.

Stream works great with everything but I can't get it to push phone alerts (the developer is working hard and promises a caller ID version soon). Stream is supposed to allow control over music I can see the controls and it shows the artist and song yet doesn't respond to the control buttons. This developer releases new versions almost daily so I feel confident well see some progress from this app soon.

No BBM support from anyone, unsure if we ever will see it to be honest. I'm sure it's a api issue.

I used my old iPhone 4 to update the firmware on the watch, brought a few new faces and seems snappier. On the iOs App I also found I can create my own watch faces through a portal site, which I have been doing. Very fun and an added bonus to me!

I'm going to be using it all week and see if it justifies 149.99. So far I enjoy it, just wish the official app would be available so I could update the firmware on the go.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Camelhmpz; 09-19-13 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Spelling Add Additional Feature
    olllllo1978 likes this.
    09-19-13 07:17 PM
    Gah you folks are killing me, been wanting a pebble since the kickstarter. I need to sell some stuff to get some coin for one.
    olllllo1978 likes this.
    09-19-13 08:37 PM
    Pretty spot on to what I've found so far. I really hope support for this for BB10 spools up a little more!
    OK so I got my today during a work break at best buy. I'm using the available app "Pbbl" and the beta version of "Stream".

First impressions are it's not as bulky as I feared. Has a modern face to it, and isn't flashy. I got the black cause I didn't want it to say "hey look at me!"

So far it's working decent, I enjoy seeing the texts without getting up for the phone or digging in my jeans. I can leave the phone on my desk and goof off without my phone.

Pbbl works well with the sms, email, phone (minus caller id) and I haven't used twitter with it. No trouble connecting or pairing.

Stream works great with everything but I can't get it to push phone alerts (the developer is working hard and promises a caller ID version soon). Stream is supposed to allow control over music I can see the controls and it shows the artist and song yet doesn't respond to the control buttons. This developer releases new versions almost daily so I feel confident well see some progress from this app soon.

No BBM support from anyone, unsure if we ever will see it to be honest. I'm sure it's a api issue.

I used my old iPhone 4 to update the firmware on the watch, brought a few new faces and seems snappier. On the iOs App I also found I can create my own watch faces through a portal site, which I have been doing. Very fun and an added bonus to me!

I'm going to be using it all week and see if it justifies 149.99. So far I enjoy it, just wish the official app would be available so I could update the firmware on the go.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 09:31 PM
    Sorry if I missed this but do you need 10.2 for Pbbl to work?

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 01:01 PM
66 123