Can not open PDFfiles in e-mails Z10 . Message (The document can not be opened because it is corrupted or damaged) They open on my Torch, I-Pad, I-Phone & Computers. Does anyone have a fix for this.
    02-12-13 04:39 PM
    i have no issues with opening PDF's from my Z10
    02-12-13 05:00 PM
    I have the same issue. it appears to only affect PDF attachments sent from apple mail to the Blackberry....no problems opening emails sent for outlook or exchange, only those sent to me by colleagues using apple mail. go figure.
    02-13-13 02:06 AM
    Can not open PDFfiles in e-mails Z10 . Message (The document can not be opened because it is corrupted or damaged) They open on my Torch, I-Pad, I-Phone & Computers. Does anyone have a fix for this.
    I have the same issue. it appears to only affect PDF attachments sent from apple mail to the Blackberry....no problems opening emails sent for outlook or exchange, only those sent to me by colleagues using apple mail. go figure.
    Both of you: welcome to CrackBerry and congratulations on your new BlackBerry 10 devices!

Can either or both of you try saving one of the problematic attachments as a file and then opening the file in the bundled Adobe Reader app instead of directly from the message? Does that work at all?
    02-13-13 03:20 AM
    agree. there is a problem with pdf files sent from apple mail. They aren't recognized.
    02-14-13 10:28 PM
    agree. there is a problem with pdf files sent from apple mail. They aren't recognized.
    Apple Mail has a bad habit of flagging all attachments as embedded content, rather than a regular attachment.

This has been a problem in the past for other email clients, ie Eudora.
    02-16-13 01:05 AM
    I have the same problem - turning on 'use Windows-friendly attachments' in Apple Mail makes no difference. The Z10 sees the attachments as 'unnamed'. It will download the attachments, but report 'no viewer for unnamed'.

But if the email from Apple Mail is opened on a Windows PC, or an iPad (!), then forwarded from there, I can read the forwarded message, with PDF attachments, perfectly on my Z10.
    Last edited by Joe Shlabotnick; 02-17-13 at 07:40 AM.
    02-17-13 07:29 AM
    I have a problem with downloading PDF files from emails. It takes too long!
    03-03-13 06:17 PM
    the latest software fixed this. I had same problem
    03-08-13 03:04 PM
    I have the same problem, my work (Cdn military) sends my pay stubs via email and it used to work fine on my S3 but for some reason it says it's corrupt on my Z10, not really a big deal to me. Would be nice to have it work though
    I've even saved it and tired to open it but it doesn't work still

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 03:14 PM
    I have the same problem, my work (Cdn military) sends my pay stubs via email and it used to work fine on my S3 but for some reason it says it's corrupt on my Z10, not really a big deal to me. Would be nice to have it work though
    I've even saved it and tired to open it but it doesn't work still

Posted via CB10
    Yeap, I have the exact same problem with my pay stubs. They were opening fine on my Torch, but they never opened on the PB and now on the Z10. I get the same error message as the OP.

Anyone knows if some settings need to be tweeked or something. Because now I can't tell if the Army is screwing my pay if I'm away from a computer...
    03-10-13 06:11 PM
    Have you tried saving the pdf file onto your SD card and use Docs To Go to open?

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 06:22 PM
    Have you tried saving the pdf file onto your SD card and use Docs To Go to open?

Posted via CB10
    Just tried, same error message "The document cannot be opened because it is corrupted or damaged"...
    03-10-13 07:14 PM
    This issue affects some pdf files.

Do any of you know what program is creating the pdf file? It currently seems to be related to the pdf being created by select programs. (ie accounting software)

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 07:27 PM
    This issue affects some pdf files.

Do any of you know what program is creating the pdf file? It currently seems to be related to the pdf being created by select programs. (ie accounting software)

Posted via CB10
    I have no idea, but that makes sense hopefully it's something BlackBerry can fix with a software update

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 07:38 PM
    They will be able to fix. Provided people are calling in with the issue. So it can be tracked, investigated and hopefully resolved.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 09:21 PM
    I've been having the same problem with some PDF documents not opening properly on the Z10. We have three Z10 users here and they all have problems with the PDFs made by the office fax machine. The machine is a Xerox Phaser 3635MFP. I have called support and loged a case, but no fix yet. The only workaround I have so far is to open the documents in Acrobat and save them as an updated document. Hopefully they will come up with a patch for this issue soon.
    04-08-13 11:51 AM
    Both of you: welcome to CrackBerry and congratulations on your new BlackBerry 10 devices!

Can either or both of you try saving one of the problematic attachments as a file and then opening the file in the bundled Adobe Reader app instead of directly from the message? Does that work at all?
    This may help

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 11:58 AM
    Just deployed several new Z10's in our environment and am finding the same issue: .pdf files cannot be opened in the Z10 but they can be opened on their PC or iPad. Saving to SIM card and trying to open with installed Reader does not help and users would be frustrated at the prospect of having to do this each time; not a solution.
    08-19-13 09:53 AM
    Hi, had the same problem with Pdf files created in Pastel - accounting programme used in South Africa. The funny thing is that files bigger than 6kb open without problem. For files smaller than 6kb I hey same error. My solution is using NDR reader. Works perfectly as in the email it gives an option to either open in adobe or in nsr reader. The only downside it's paid app. Tried also q-pdf but it did not open the files. Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 10:29 AM
    Sorry it's NSR Reader.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 10:31 AM
    Latest Adobe reader update seem to have sorted out my issues.
    11-05-13 12:37 PM