If I have a contact set to dial into a voicemail system, the pauses, * and # symbols are not working at all. Anyway know what may be wrong?

For example, saved in Contact phone number (404) 555-1212pp*p1234#

None of the tone pulses are being generated after the phone number. It is not question of whether there are enough pauses, etc. It dials the phone number but it never generates the * symbol or the 1234#
    04-01-13 11:47 AM
    Try a comma instead in your string... so 123456789,123456#

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 11:48 AM
    Thanks. How do you enter a comma when in the Contact itself to edit. The keyboard does not provide for it and the only options shown are Pause and Wait.
    04-01-13 11:53 AM
    With the commas it still does not work.
    04-01-13 12:00 PM
    Update. This is a problem with the Z10. Sorry, but I am returning today. This is just not ready for prime time for business use yet. See the below forum post at Blackberry on the problem with this issue:

Speed Dial Problems in Z10 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    04-01-13 12:43 PM
    Update. This is a problem with the Z10. Sorry, but I am returning today. This is just not ready for prime time for business use yet. See the below forum post at Blackberry on the problem with this issue:

Speed Dial Problems in Z10 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    You are wrong. It works. I just dialed into my concall number and it dialed the number and pass code no problem. I receive emails and calendar invites in the format I suggested earlier and it works. Do what you want... but there is no issue.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 05:28 PM
    Sorry to say but it is an issue. the phone just sits and waits, never dials the passcode. But there is a glimmer of hope. once connected
    to the base number, the red end call button is transformed into a green dial number, click it and your passcode will dial

212-555-1212,,345675# is in my address book and displayed and is transformed into 212-555-1212pp345675# when selected and dialed

p are suppose to wait a brief moment and then continue
    w is suppose to wait until the user presses a button to continue

both the p and w require the user to click the dial button (at least in the current software release)
    08-09-13 09:25 AM
    On my Z10 (SW Release 10.1.0.4181), when you enter a contact phone number, there are "pause" and "wait" keys on the keypad. "pause" is shown as 'p' whereas "wait" is shown as 'w' on the phone number entry.

On Q10, "pause" is entered with character ',' and "wait" is character '!'.

If you enter 'p', it will pause for seconds before the next digit; if you enter a 'w', I expect it to wait for a dial tone. If there is no dial tone I suppose you will wait until the call attempt times out. Personally I have tested only 'p' (on both Z10 and Q10) and it works.
    Last edited by bb10app; 09-03-13 at 07:45 PM.
    09-03-13 07:30 PM
    AT&T support had no clue, BBY first level support had no clue, waited 48 hours so far and BBY promised within 24 more hours someone from second level support would call (hpoefully with some Q10 basic level experience).

None of these people knew how to put in a pause command. The only thing they knew how to do was write down my concerns over and over and over....
    12-11-13 01:33 PM
    I have no issues with the wait. I have a base number on speed dial, then I have a wait, which I have to do while the computer message reads, then I tap dial to enter my employee number then wait for the computer then tap dial to enter my password. Works like a charm. I haven't had to use a pause so I don't know about that. It's not much trouble or effort to just tap the screen a couple of times. The whole number looks like this : 8005551212w1234567w12345678. Just enter the wait when editing the number in your contact. Only issue I have with pause is the Verizon voice mail issue that requires a physical input of your access code. It doesn't work with a pause.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 02:57 PM
    I have no issues with the wait. I have a base number on speed dial, then I have a wait, which I have to do while the computer message reads, then I tap dial to enter my employee number then wait for the computer then tap dial to enter my password. Works like a charm. I haven't had to use a pause so I don't know about that. It's not much trouble or effort to just tap the screen a couple of times. The whole number looks like this : 8005551212w1234567w12345678. Just enter the wait when editing the number in your contact. Only issue I have with pause is the Verizon voice mail issue that requires a physical input of your access code. It doesn't work with a pause.

Posted via CB10
    I'll latch onto that last statement. So, it is not possible to automate the dialing and entry of the password for Verizon voice mail. On my phone I canNOT edit the pre-entered *86 and if I go to the KeyPress Speed Dial, Item 1, Call Voicemail is has LOCK symbol at the end of its line.
    12-11-13 03:26 PM
    I'll latch onto that last statement. So, it is not possible to automate the dialing and entry of the password for Verizon voice mail. On my phone I canNOT edit the pre-entered *86 and if I go to the KeyPress Speed Dial, Item 1, Call Voicemail is has LOCK symbol at the end of its line.
    This has been an issue since the beginning with Verizon. I thought that it was supposed to be addressed in the 10.1MR, but as you know, we didn't get that one. I don't see the lock symbol on my voice mail. Even trying to enter a new password doesn't help. I even, as was suggested by a few folks here, made a contact for voice mail which didn't work with a pause, however if you insert a wait, it works. Just have to push the dial button. Except, there's no more speed dial spots left so it's a PITA to go into contacts just to call my voice mail! But thats a whole other thread. I don't have a lot of missed calls, so not many voice mails. It's not a big deal to just enter the password when needed. That's not to say it shouldn't work!

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 04:37 PM
    MisterAbrasive (not so much!):

My problem was I relied on OS7 and earlier and could not really recall my voice mail password. So suddenly confronted with "Enter your password, dummy" threw me off!!!

So you can "waste" a speed dial slot - I will try playing with that.
    12-11-13 05:24 PM
    MisterAbrasive (not so much!):

My problem was I relied on OS7 and earlier and could not really recall my voice mail password. So suddenly confronted with "Enter your password, dummy" threw me off!!!

So you can "waste" a speed dial slot - I will try playing with that.
    I can't remember if you are on Verizon or not. Regardless, you should be able to reset your password through your carrier. As for the speed dial, you can have a maximum of 9 including the stock voice mail. Unless something has changed in the latest OS leaks or other Official OS. I'm still on 10.1.2039. And, no, I'm not interested in any leaks. Thanks for asking though :-)

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 06:13 PM