In Z10 how can I paste a phone number from email or remember apps to the dial pad?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 09:01 AM
    I don't think that feature is available yet in Z10.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 09:05 AM
    Coming from an iPhone I really miss this feature. Seems so simple too
    03-15-13 09:06 AM
    Yup, the Z10 can't do it (yet). Hope the next software update takes care of this. It is so essential.
    03-15-13 09:10 AM
    It was available on my bold 9900

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 11:08 AM
    As has been mentioned in other posts, copy the telephone number with long press, then go to browser and the 'tel:' (without quotes ) then long press and paste.

Posted via CB10
    karanveer likes this.
    03-15-13 12:02 PM
    You can't paste into the keypad I tried, I hate not having this feature

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 12:03 PM
    That is a miss for the BB10... But i know they will make it right.
    03-15-13 12:36 PM
    It's one of my biggest annoyances for what is a great phone. Very surprised this wasn't addressed before release. Oh well!

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 01:29 PM
    yea, unfortunately it's not available yet, hopefully in 10.1 . On another note, if you are in the browser you can type in "tel:" followed by the number and it would work!
    03-15-13 01:35 PM
    Umm...not sure about you guys, but I've got a note in remember with a bunch of phone numbers that I needed to make a backup of from years ago. All I have to do is tap the phone number and it automatically launches the phone app and dials the number. If I long press on the number it pulls up a side menu with several options including but not limited to: copy, call, text and add to contacts.

The same thing happens with phone numbers in emails.
    03-15-13 01:45 PM
    Umm...not sure about you guys, but I've got a note in remember with a bunch of phone numbers that I needed to make a backup of from years ago. All I have to do is tap the phone number and it automatically launches the phone app and dials the number. If I long press on the number it pulls up a side menu with several options including but not limited to: copy, call, text and add to contacts.

I think there's just an option to copy... not paste in some scenarios
    03-15-13 01:48 PM
    Yes, but as I stated at the beginning, just tapping the number launches phone and begins a phone call. Why would you need to copy and paste?
    03-15-13 01:49 PM
    That is a miss for the BB10... But i know they will make it right.
    I don't take anything for granted anymore.

We Playbook owners have been waiting almost 2 years for a fix to allow the screen to be on for more than 5 minutes...who knows what they'll "make right"
    03-15-13 01:52 PM
    I was surprised they missed this feature but I am firmly in the "They will make it right (and soon) " camp.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 01:56 PM
    I don't take anything for granted anymore.

We Playbook owners have been waiting almost 2 years for a fix to allow the screen to be on for more than 5 minutes...who knows what they'll "make right"
    But why would you want the screen to be on for more than 5 min? For movies it stays on, youtube it stays on... just drains the battery
    03-15-13 01:58 PM
    But why would you want the screen to be on for more than 5 min? For movies it stays on, youtube it stays on... just drains the battery
    Navigation.

I set up everything in my car to use it as a media/navigation system only to find out that it constantly shuts the screen off.

Also, I have it plugged in the whole time, so battery drain is a non-issue...

Also, using it as a bedside clock works a lot better if you don't have to turn it on every time you want to know the time.
    03-15-13 05:39 PM
    I hope they add it in the next release.
    03-15-13 06:02 PM

Also works with phone numbers in the "notes" section in the calendar.
    03-15-13 06:31 PM
    In Z10 how can I paste a phone number from email or remember apps to the dial pad?
    I wrote a little app to do it: Clipboard Dialer. It scans your clipboard for phone numbers and allows you to call or text them, add to contacts etc. Also works by selecting a paragraph or two in your browser or e-mail, tapping the text and sharing it with Clipboard Dialer.
    04-11-13 11:45 PM