After the upgrade to 10.2 I could not enter Password Keeper and all my passwords were deleted. Anyone had this issue. It may be a coincidence.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 03:09 PM
    Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you backed up first. Just restore settings if you did back up.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 03:16 PM
    Nope. No back up.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 03:38 PM
    Ya. That sucks.
    Have you come from an older BlackBerry device? With a backup either on your PC DTM or on the sd card?
    You may be able to obtain the older/partial information.
    It may not be current due to the lack of a backup on your current device, but some info is better than none.
    I couldn't find anything here on CB, but I found an outside link for a possible solution.
    BlackBerry Protect On The Z10 | Adam Phones News

It may not work for you, but I just wanted to suggest something, as that info is very important and I would hate for that to happen to me.

I also believe there is a way to restore PWK via BlackBerry Protect at least once from an older device as well.
    Search for that too either on your device or Google.

Good Luck!
    10-26-13 04:01 PM
    Thanks very much for checking. I got the data wipe. No one else seems to have the issue. On the good side it did what it was supposed to and protected my passwords!

Posted via CB10
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    10-26-13 04:25 PM
    Thanks very much for checking. I got the data wipe. No one else seems to have the issue. On the good side it did what it was supposed to and protected my passwords!

Posted via CB10
    I'm unsure of how this finished up. Data wipe? Did you get your PW Keeper data back?
    If not, try this: Open PW Keeper and go to Settings. Tap "Import Passwords".
    The PW Keeper database seems to be stored on the device even when it may not be active in the app itself.
    10-26-13 10:43 PM
    It finished by wiping all my passwords. All wiped. I don't think I will bother with it again. Maybe an alternative.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 01:35 AM
    I have found Keepassb to be a good alternative, as I use dropbox to locate its database. Keepass also has PC version, so you may update or retrieve your passwords using either your device or a PC and use any of them. Your passwords are always current. Good luck and let us know how you faired.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 11:00 AM
    I started using Enpass which is a pretty good password manager. I believe the free version allows up to 10 free entries or else you have to pay.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 11:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    This is precisely the reason BlackBerry Protect should have been enhanced rather than developing BlackBerry Link for the desktop of Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac OSX .

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    10-27-13 02:31 PM
    I started using Enpass which is a pretty good password manager. I believe the free version allows up to 10 free entries or else you have to pay.

Posted via CB10
    +1

Works like a charm and is cross platform - I will be using this app for a long time. Also, let's you sync to Dropbox or save a local copy through wireless sync.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 02:39 PM
    I'm personally planning to switch to LastPass, as soon as I can find the time to migrate almost 700 entries from PW Keeper. Very time consuming. I keep hoping that BlackBerry will return BB Protect to it's former glory, so that won't be necessary, though.
    10-27-13 04:15 PM
    I'm personally planning to switch to LastPass, as soon as I can find the time to migrate almost 700 entries from PW Keeper. Very time consuming. I keep hoping that BlackBerry will return BB Protect to it's former glory, so that won't be necessary, though.
    It is amazing how many steps backward the features of the OS and support routines took moving from OS7 to the new, improved and advanced BB10. BB Link is a poor app. We lost the Desktop Software's ability to install and uninstall individual apps. No sync for memo/notes.
    10-27-13 06:10 PM
    Out of curiosity what was the process in legacy devices? I came from playbook to Z10.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 08:37 PM
    Out of curiosity what was the process in legacy devices? I came from playbook to Z10.

Posted via CB10
    On legacy devices, BB Protect had the ability to back up/restore PW Keeper data, browser bookmarks, memos, tasks, (local) contacts & calendar. There may be a couple I'm forgetting. This is in addition to the tracking/locking features it still has. It was really handy.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-28-13 06:57 AM
    Agree. I miss this BlackBerry Protect function in old phone. Hope BlackBerry could improve on it. Now I only could use BlackBerry Link to do full backup and save my infor in pw keeper.

Posted via CB10
    Marko M1 likes this.
    10-28-13 07:14 AM
    I did a "manual" backup of all my passwords in password keeper by getting screenshot. I open entry I want to keep and just make screenshot of it.
    10-28-13 07:31 AM
    On legacy devices, BB Protect had the ability to back up/restore PW Keeper data, browser bookmarks, memos, tasks, (local) contacts & calendar. There may be a couple I'm forgetting. This is in addition to the tracking/locking features it still has. It was really handy.
    That makes a lot of sense. My spouse gave up on password keeper after her z10 died. No way to recover the passwords. Given how important passwords are it seems a little short-sighted not to have some kind of backup.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    10-28-13 08:44 AM
    Just did my first leak.... 10.2.1.1055 show 10.2.1.176 but I went into PK and entered my old PW and it shows no passwords. I did a full back up. RIght now BBLink is hopefully syncing my contacts but is taking its sweet time. On PK it says in red print Use Device Switch or BlackBerry Link to transfer files from previous device. On the install of the leak the name of my phone is different. Just has generic name rather then the one I gave it. Question: How to do I get the passwords from BBLink back to my Z10 with the new name attached. I don't understand device switch. Once BBLinks syncs my contacts I will hopefully access PK. Any tips would be appreciated.
    12-12-13 09:29 PM
    If you've restored your data, open PW Keeper. Go to settings, scroll down and tap "Import Passwords". As long as you've used the same password for PW keeper, you should be good.
    12-12-13 09:34 PM
    in red ink on PK app home page "The backup file can't be found. Use Device Switch or Blackberry Link to transfer files from a previous device to a new device." Its see it as a new device because in settings it shows as a new device with BlackberryE&E... where before its was ScottBBZ10 Rebooting BBLink.
    12-12-13 09:47 PM
    The device name shouldn't matter. Have you signed in with the same BlackBerry ID? Did you restore your "Settings" via BB Link? (That's where the PW Keeper data is backed up.) Did you sign in to PW Keeper with the same password as previously?
    12-12-13 09:55 PM
    Should I just hit restore device on Blackberrylink?
    If you've restored your data, open PW Keeper. Go to settings, scroll down and tap "Import Passwords". As long as you've used the same password for PW keeper, you should be good.
    12-12-13 09:57 PM
    I depend on password keeper every day. BlackBerry should have not removed protect's backup function. Luckily when I loaded 10.2 and restored my settings and data (from BlackBerry link) all my passwords were still there. I feel really bad for everyone in here that lost their passwords. I hate to think how long it would take me to reset all my passwords.
    12-12-13 10:16 PM
    I depend on password keeper every day. BlackBerry should have not removed protect's backup function. Luckily when I loaded 10.2 and restored my settings and data (from BlackBerry link) all my passwords were still there. I feel really bad for everyone in here that lost their passwords. I hate to think how long it would take me to reset all my passwords.
    Load the leaked version that has the option to backup on SD CARD.
    Problem solved.

Posted via CB10 | STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return.
    12-12-13 10:21 PM
36 12