Hi all, every day I read this forum and I see a lot of posts about completely dead z10 while there is no reason why this has happened and it has me a worried. My question is: What is actually the reason for this? If it is defective phones - approximately what percentage of defective phones? I'm worried because have absolutely no warranty on my Z10 (Russia). Forgive me if this question is silly, I'm really paranoid.
    01-11-14 09:18 AM
    I'd recommend leaving it plugged in for several hours, the battery may have just been drained completely. If you remove the battery, plug in the phone, and try to power it on, does the LED light up at all?
    01-11-14 09:21 AM
    I'd recommend leaving it plugged in for several hours, the battery may have just been drained completely. If you remove the battery, plug in the phone, and try to power it on, does the LED light up at all?
    Hahaha duude, please read!

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 09:24 AM

OP, no warranty in Russia ? is that like normal or its because you bought it second hand? sorry for my ignorance about Russia.
    01-11-14 09:38 AM
    No worries, some Z10's die and some keep on chugging. I bought mine when it was released and it hasn't failed me once...
    Either way, if you don't have a warranty there's nothing you can do about it if it decides to go black. Once a Z10 goes black....
    Meowx likes this.
    01-11-14 09:45 AM

OP, no warranty in Russia ? is that like normal or its because you bought it second hand? sorry for my ignorance about Russia.
    I bought mine on ebay because buy it in my city it was impossible.
    01-11-14 09:45 AM
    I can't speak for others who have had issues, but I had two with motherboard failures. I can't say for sure if it's a manufacturers flaw, or if it was the environment I used it in, or that I was unlucky.
    01-11-14 10:16 AM
    Hahaha duude, please read!

Posted via CB10
    Read what? The OP wants to know how many of these problems are hardware defects. I posted a solution that works for some people, thus providing an explanation for some of the reports of hardware problems.

If you plug it in and the light comes on, it's probably not a hardware problem.
    01-11-14 10:25 AM
    We bought two on first Canadian release date. Mine has been faultless from day one- my spouses was a lemon from day one and failed totally in three months. New one no issues. I bought a high end business computer that lasted 1 month. Lenovo is replacing it. My belief is quality control in the components- these devices are incredibly complex. I truly suspect a bad batch of batteries - maybe one plant. This was a pervasive issue.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 11:28 AM
    We bought two on first Canadian release date. Mine has been faultless from day one- my spouses was a lemon from day one and failed totally in three months. New one no issues. I bought a high end business computer that lasted 1 month. Lenovo is replacing it. My belief is quality control in the components- these devices are incredibly complex. I truly suspect a bad batch of batteries - maybe one plant. This was a pervasive issue.
    Posted via CB10
    From the reports I've seen battery replacement did not solve the problem.
    I hope that the level of the defect is not too high. I do not know when it was made my z10 but I had OS 10.1 out of the box
    01-11-14 11:43 AM