Didn't want to open a new thread for my question.

Don't know if I am wrong here. But can I install a Z10 leak and have the Porsche Design look and feel or do I have to wait for PD leaks? Is it like that that all the tweaks are in every Z10 os?
    Neither; the Porsche Design UI is embedded within the regular Z10 OS, but it checks the hardware ID for which design to load. So unless someone manages to use duct tape and prayer/string theory/voodoo to bypass or spoof the hardware ID check, it's a no.

Posted via CB10
    Derlitz, steiale, Mecca EL and 2 others like this.
    11-20-13 01:25 AM
    BlackBerry leak team get to work. Would be nice though.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 02:25 PM
    Neither; the Porsche Design UI is embedded within the regular Z10 OS, but it checks the hardware ID for which design to load. So unless someone manages to use duct tape and prayer/string theory/voodoo to bypass or spoof the hardware ID check, it's a no.

Posted via CB10
    So does this mean us poor schleps are saddled with twice the code in our z10's memory/storage/whatever so that the Porsche folks can have pretty stuff on their devices? Or is this settled before it is even loaded on our phones?
    11-20-13 02:44 PM
    So does this mean us poor schleps are saddled with twice the code in our z10's memory/storage/whatever so that the Porsche folks can have pretty stuff on their devices? Or is this settled before it is even loaded on our phones?
    The Porsche assets amount to 800k's worth of images within the clock app, from what I can see.
    11-20-13 03:12 PM
29 12