Hi guys,

We are having a major issue here at the office, Z10 to Z10 no problem getting the Accent, but email sent from a Z10 containing
    French accent disapers when viewed on Outlook , 2007 and 2010.

Anybody have seen this issue ? is their a Fix,

This is a very bad problem , i work in a french enviroment and i kept the office going with blackberry during the rough time, and when there is an isssue i am always the culprit. so if someone can help.

Thank you
    krif07 likes this.
    03-26-13 07:09 AM
    Hi guys,

We are having a major issue here at the office, Z10 to Z10 no problem getting the Accent, but email sent from a Z10 containing

This is a very bad problem , i work in a french enviroment and i kept the office going with blackberry during the rough time, and when there is an isssue i am always the culprit. so if someone can help.

Thank you
    So you're saying your Z10 sounds like Maurice Chevalier?
    03-26-13 07:39 AM
    Hi guys,

Thank you
    Just kidding. Try this in Outlook 2010:
    Click on File>Options>Mail
    In the left pane click on the "Editor Options" in the Compose Messages" section.
    In the new window that opens check "Enforce Accented uppercase in French"
    Click ok to Validate.
    03-26-13 07:43 AM
    We are also in a French environment and we are not experiencing this problem. Are you using ActiveSync or BES10 to connect to your system?

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 07:47 AM
    No problem so far with accents from the Z10 to Outlook 2010 x32 using outlook connector.
    03-26-13 07:53 AM
    We are using ActiveSync, bcose BES in being tested , should be comming soon.
    03-26-13 08:17 AM
    Just kidding. Try this in Outlook 2010:
    Click on File>Options>Mail
    In the left pane click on the "Editor Options" in the Compose Messages" section.
    In the new window that opens check "Enforce Accented uppercase in French"
    Click ok to Validate.
    Does not work , the email content removes the characters containing accent
    03-26-13 08:23 AM
    +1

We've got problems too with french accents, but receiving mails on Z10.

They are correct when we read them with Outlook, but not on the Z10.

Country and keyboard and so on are all set to French...
    We use an Exchange 2010 mailbox (SBS2011) and ActiveSync.

Seems there is something wrong with this kind of compatibility...
    04-25-13 07:36 PM
    No solution ?

We just Migrated to BES + Exchange 2010, same exact situation, seems like automated emails on the Z10 does not recongnise the French characters, But on Outlook evrthing is fine,

Whats up Blackberry? give me a solution....
    09-04-13 12:34 PM
    I have a similar problem in greek language :
    I have bought a new BB Z10 (STL-2 from an ordinary dealer in Greece [Expansys Greece] with an update 10.1.0.4181 OTA when I first opened the phone).

I have the following problem when I am syncing my “calendar” and “contacts” by using “Outlook 2007” only when I am writing in GREEK language [I have no problem with the English entries]
    I use BB-Link [v1.1.1.41 (Windows OS)]:
    1. In the direction from the PC to BB Z10 everything is working fine (both calendar and contacts are synced properly in both English AND Greek !
    2. In the direction from BB Z10 to the PC the Greek entries are visible in “hieroglyphics” which cannot be changed neither ovber PC to ordinary greek.
    I believe that the fonts are massed up , because when BB link asks for deleting any Greek entry while syncing from BB Z10 to the PC, I see this entry in ORDINARY greek on my PC screen, but on the outlook 2007 it is massed up as described.

Any ideas how to fix it?
    I have already informed the greek sites here, but have not yet received any help.
    Since to and fro syncing is very important for me in BOTH languages (I have 2 PCs with outlook installed) I would be obliged if you could help me on this issue.
    If not, since the new version BB 10.2 is soon coming OTA for us could you inform BlackBerry on this issue, so that they resolve it ?
    09-09-13 03:59 AM
    Hi,

After having a similar problem with my BB Z10 (STL10, OS 10.1.) in Greek Language and extensive research, a guy in Greece with special knowledge in older BB phones and BB-OS told me that the problem should be the “ENCODING” in my desktop PC which should be set to “UTF-8”

However, since nobody here in Greece could help me, I phoned BB in the US and they suggested to search the following Knowledge Base:

blackberry.com\btsc

After searching this site I discovered the following link:

KB25034-How to enable UTF-8 encoding for all messages sent from a BlackBerry smartphone

By performing this detailed description in my 64-bit Windows 7 Desktop registry, I was able to solve my problems!

Therefore, I am sending this link to you in order to probable try it out and find out for yourself if this works for you in France too.

Regards

KSF

P.S. I did not have any problems with these registry changes performed in my PC.
    09-11-13 01:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD