I've just set up an Outlook.com e-mail account, which I was also wanting to use to back up my contacts and calendar.

E-mails are syncing fine, and calendar entries made onto my Outlook.com account online sync to my Z10's calendar instantaneously, but calendar entries made on my Z10 are not appearing on my outlook.com calendar. I have all my contacts on my Z10, but they are not syncing to my outlook.com account at all.

Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong with my settings and how to put them right, please?
    08-06-13 02:06 PM
    I believe there are threads started with topic. I have read them and there is a fix I just don't remeber what it is.
    08-06-13 02:13 PM
    Check and make sure your calendar entries on the BlackBerry are being created in the proper calendar and not local.

Contacts that are local will not sync up to Outlook. You'll need to import the contacts into Outlook first and then they will sync to the BlackBerry.

After everything is on Outlook.com and syncing properly you can clear local contacts and calendars and be rid of duplicates.
    nubold likes this.
    08-06-13 02:22 PM
    Thanks Jerry A, I've got the calendar issue sorted now.

I'm still not having any luck with my contacts though. I don't have Outlook on my PC, will I need this to sync my contacts from my BlackBerry to my outlook.com account? Is there any way I can sync them directly from my Z10 to my outlook.com account?
    08-06-13 04:21 PM
    I think BlackBerry Link only syncs with Outlook on the desktop.

So, we'll have to get creative. Take a contact and Share it via email to your Outlook.com address. If I recall correctly, Outlook.com supports reading and importing vCard files.

It's a bit on the tedious side but should get you where you want me go.
    08-06-13 06:07 PM
    If you don't mind shelling out like $2 contact X in bbw will let you export your contacts so that you can import them via the outlook.com Web interface.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 06:11 PM
    For an enterprise phone, there sure is a lot of chatter about email, calendar, contact syncing. I have been fighting this issue since day one. I have not found anyone including BB tech that can tell me how to easily get z10, playbook, outlook.com to sync smoothly without jumping several hoops.
    08-06-13 06:14 PM
    For an enterprise phone, there sure is a lot of chatter about email, calendar, contact syncing. I have been fighting this issue since day one. I have not found anyone including BB tech that can tell me how to easily get z10, playbook, outlook.com to sync smoothly without jumping several hoops.
    ActiveSync and manage everything centrally from Outlook.com. That's it, it just works.
    08-06-13 07:35 PM
    How do I set up ActiveSync?

Managing everything centrally from outlook.com is what I'm trying to achieve. I would also like to have my calendar and contacts synced with my Playbook, is this possible?
    08-07-13 01:55 AM
    If you can get your contacts into a csv or similar format using one of the contact management apps from blackberry world, import that into outlook.com and then everything should run smoothly. I use outlook.com with no local contacts and I haven't had any issues. It even links then to my Facebook contacts automatically.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 09:15 AM
    If you are looking for it to be instantaneous, it's not. If you add it on the device there is a time frame for them to sync if in not mistaken. Add something and wait an hour to see if it syncs.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 09:42 AM
    Like it was stated earlier. If those contacts were on your phone before you added the outlook account they will never sync. Any you add going forward will if it us your default contacts account.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 09:44 AM
    After the latest outlook.com outage I've just spent the last 4 hours manually reinstalling all my contacts and calendars.

Cloud computing sucks, it's local storage and a backup for me from now on.
    08-15-13 08:13 AM