I am trying to convert from Outlook Desktop to Outlook.com because of all the shortcomings we know about. Everything is working really well synchronizing my Calendar, Contacts, and normal Email. I have 4 different POP email accounts that I have setup in Outlook.com that are now pushed to my Z10. That works fine, no problem, very quick.

Here is my problem:
    When I want to reply to an email (from one of the accounts) it always uses my oulook.com email address (as the From). There is no option for selecting the original email address that it came to, (to show as the From).

When I reply, people will see my outlook.com address and not the original email address they sent the message to. How do I do this?

When I am using Outlook.com (with my desktop and browser) and reply to an email (sent to one of my four POP accounts), it has the appropriate From email address and not the outlook.com email address.

Hope this makes sense.
    JREwing likes this.
    04-29-13 11:14 AM
    I believe if you go online to Outlook.com. Under settings there is a choice of the sending email address that is shown. I have two Live accounts and I can choose which one to use.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 12:18 PM
    I believe if you go online to Outlook.com. Under settings there is a choice of the sending email address that is shown. I have two Live accounts and I can choose which one to use.

Posted via CB10
    I can confirm this solution works perfect, have been using it since new version of Outlook was released, 1st ons my PlayBook, now also on Z10. Amazed this is not listed in the FAQ or sticky posts for all those complainers ons two-way outlook sync (with a cable, so 200x....)
    04-29-13 12:56 PM
    Thanks for the reply and information.

I went to Outlook.com - More Mail Settings - Options, and cannot find any area that is similar to "sending email address that is shown"

Is this located under: Managing your account, Writing email, or Reading email?
    Are you using the free account?
    Any help you can give is appreciated.

PS: to everyone....I find Outlook.com a good solution for me as a small independent business person. When I change my Z10 calendar, contacts, and emails, the changes show quickly in Outlook.com. It was quick and easy to set up on Z10, but it did take a little time learning the various nuances of the setup and how my email accounts/emails are shown and stored in both places.
    04-29-13 01:52 PM
    Thanks for the reply and information.

I went to Outlook.com - More Mail Settings - Options, and cannot find any area that is similar to "sending email address that is shown"

Is this located under: Managing your account, Writing email, or Reading email?
    Are you using the free account?
    Any help you can give is appreciated.
    Will have to check when behind my laptop later, did the setup 3 months ago and worked on 1st "educated" try without a tutorial. Discovered a "how to do this in steps" guide on a Dutch blog, around the release of the Z10, but unless you use Google translate this will not be of much use I am afraid..

Am using two "free" MS accounts, one older "Live" account which MS migrated to new Outlook.com setup automaticly early 2013, and a new "business" E10CDM@outlook.com account which syncs with my hosted e10CDM :: home domain and info@e10cdm.nl pop-mailbox I set up for my new small consultancy business. Do have one full Office 2013 licence (from a €10 home-use corporate deal) which I use on all Win7 laptop, linked to both MS accounts. On other PCs I simply use the Outlook.com domain, and of course on my PBs and Z10 the native "Apps" which sync flawlessly. Noticed the max 15min lag if an email is send to my pop-address instead of my outlook/live accounts directly, which are delivered instantly.

Will post again after having discovered my setup, and also the link to the Dutch blog.

Btw, fully agree that for any small or medium business owner, the Outlook.com free setup in combo with a Z10 and a PlayBook with keyboard-case on the move is a very efficiŽnt setup for any frequent international business traveller; if needed, Outlook.com works in the PBs HTML5 browser.. simply take a micro-HDMI cable and who needs a netbook, ultrabook or laptop? If you want large screen for work etc, hook it up to a LCD/LED TV in your hotel room or a flatscreen monitor.. Also convenient for on the fly presentations, build to keep you moving..

Have not yet seen Apple or Android equivalent setups which can deliver same user experiment, quality and security, aka full business package needs for such low investment. Bet a MS Surface, keyboard cover and W8 smartphone will be equal, but much pricier..

Any comments/suggesties?
    04-29-13 02:38 PM
    Thanks for the information and timely reply.

I figured out the problem. I was having my incoming emails from each of my four accounts go into a separate folder (thought I needed to segregate them out) instead of the normal Inbox. The emails would get pushed to my Z10 but I could not change the From email (which was xxx@outlook.com) to the appropriate From email account.

When I switched my email accounts to just go to the Inbox everything is fine. When I reply to an email it has the correct From email already inserted. I do not even need to select it. Guess I created my own problem by trying to "out think" the system.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.
    04-29-13 05:09 PM
    Glad you got it sorted out.
    04-29-13 07:02 PM
    When I switched my email accounts to just go to the Inbox everything is fine. When I reply to an email it has the correct From email already inserted. I do not even need to select it.

This works on the Z10 or just on the Web?

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 07:38 PM
    Hi,

After further testing, I do not have this fixed. All four of my POP emails go to the main Inbox and get pushed to my Z10, But when I reply to the sender (from my Z10) it shows xxx@outlook.com and there is no active drop down to select the appropriate email address to send FROM.

It has a drop down selection when using Web access to Outlook.com

I have searched and searched on Outlook.com and my Z10 account setups and cannot find any reference to activating this option. I am beginning to think this is not available on Z10. Seems strange though, I can see all my emails that are saved to various folders.

Anyone know how to do this?
    04-29-13 09:07 PM
    Based on my experiments, I don't think it can be done.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 10:05 PM
    I suppose you could open up 4 separate outlook.com addresses and then link them, rather than using the 4 pop 3 addresses.
    05-05-13 01:40 PM
    I believe it was just announced in the last couple days that outlook.com is now supporting outgoing smtp (Can't remember what Blog I read that on.).. I would go check to see if there are more settings now.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 02:07 PM