Easy way..is to download the outlook.com mail app for android and install it to your device...it will also gives you notification like ebay app..so no worries....i guess :/

Posted via CB10
    Notifications as in calendar appointments pssh I get that natively in the BB10 calendar and an email from Outlook.com no need for an app.

Seriously why is setting this up so difficult for so many BB10 users I've had nothing but success on 3 different and free accounts.

Posted via CB10
    miker476 likes this.
    01-02-14 01:02 AM
    Notifications as in calendar appointments pssh I get that natively in the BB10 calendar and an email from Outlook.com no need for an app.

Seriously why is setting this up so difficult for so many BB10 users I've had nothing but success on 3 different and free accounts.

Posted via CB10
    I think the problem is people don't understand the active sync side of things. They assume straight away that they need to set up an exchange active sync account when 9/10 don't need to. They just need to set up normal and still get syncing calendar and contacts. A Google search generally takes you to that page that advises manual settings and you end up going round in circles.

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    01-02-14 06:19 AM
    I had this working until I changed my password on Outlook.com, then I was in a world of frustration.
    It seems Microsoft has changed their authentication process and I could no longer use the same password I would normally enter on the web page.
    Here's their note:
    Some apps and devices (such as Xbox 360, Windows Phone 8 (or earlier), or mail apps on your other devices) don't support security codes for two-step verification. In these cases, you need to create an app password to sign in.

As best as I can recall - I didn't make notes while doing this - here are the steps I followed to get this working;

On computer
    - Click on my name (top right), then select Account settings from drop-down list
    - Click Security info on the list on the left side of page
    - Follow the steps to Turn on two-step verification
    - Under the App passwords section, click Create a new app password
    A new page should be displayed with a 16 character generated password - all bold and lowercase - this is the password you will enter on the BlackBerry below.

On Z10
    Select Settings => Accounts => Add Account
    Select Advanced => Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync

• Description: <your choice>
    • Domain: <leave empty>
    • Username: Your email address
    • Email address: Your email address
    • Password: Your Password <== Here's the trick - use the 16 character generated password from the Outlook.com website above; *not* the password you use to login to Outlook.com.
    • Server address: s.outlook.com
    • Port: <accept default 443>
    • Use SSL: <accept default On>

Hope this helps.
    01-05-14 12:58 AM
    Not only that, OP said it's now working and was a server side error.

The OP (rwcohen) said no such thing, that was misc9700.

If you are using an @outlook.com address when you set up your account on your BB, you shouldn't have to do anything in the Advanced settings because of the Autodiscover service which helps email clients auto configure their server settings. It's only of you are using your own hosted email address should you need to manually enter the Outlook.com server info.

Autodiscover is yet another reason why Microsoft?s service and ActiveSync is better than the competition.

In full disclosure, I'm a Microsoftian. :-)

EAS is definitely superior to IMAP in a number of ways, but Microsoft no longer has a monopoly on email autoconfiguration.

Not only have some other ISPs adopted Microsoft's autodiscover mechanism, Mozilla also maintains an ISP database that can return configuration details for a large number of internet providers. Mozilla Thunderbird actually uses this method in combination with the autodiscover method when configuring that desktop email client. I wouldn't be surprised if BB10 uses it in its own autoconfiguration system in addition to the autodiscover mechanism.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/...oconfiguration

Oh and here's a couple of handy ways to verify if your account details are correct.

BlackBerry's Email Account Verification Tool

Microsoft's Remote Connectivity Analyzer

Also for Outlook.com, sometimes I have seen them recommend that you login to the web interface and then take note of the server it routes you to, and then use that as your EAS hostname.

The one I ended up using, based on that technique, is "blu-m.hotmail.com".
    01-05-14 05:44 AM
    I had this working until I changed my password on Outlook.com, then I was in a world of frustration.
    It seems Microsoft has changed their authentication process and I could no longer use the same password I would normally enter on the web page.
    Here's their note:
    Some apps and devices (such as Xbox 360, Windows Phone 8 (or earlier), or mail apps on your other devices) don't support security codes for two-step verification. In these cases, you need to create an app password to sign in.

That's very similiar to what Google does.

In fact, on recent OS versions, BB10 routes you right to the proprietary Google webpage (within the email setup dialog) that sets up an app-specific-password.

Prior to that, it would disconnect a lot because it tends to "distrust" endpoints when their network address changes and so on, and drop the session.

Yahoo does that too at times, the following describes their two-factor auth thingy, but this is not to my knowledge embedded in the BB10 account setup for Yahoo yet:

http://email.about.com/od/yahoomailt...entication.htm
    01-05-14 05:48 AM
    Here's their note:

As best as I can recall - I didn't make notes while doing this - here are the steps I followed to get this working;

On computer
    - Click on my name (top right), then select Account settings from drop-down list
    - Click Security info on the list on the left side of page
    - Follow the steps to Turn on two-step verification
    - Under the App passwords section, click Create a new app password
    A new page should be displayed with a 16 character generated password - all bold and lowercase - this is the password you will enter on the BlackBerry below.

On Z10
    Select Settings => Accounts => Add Account
    Select Advanced => Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync

• Description: <your choice>
    • Domain: <leave empty>
    • Username: Your email address
    • Email address: Your email address
    • Password: Your Password <== Here's the trick - use the 16 character generated password from the Outlook.com website above; *not* the password you use to login to Outlook.com.
    • Server address: s.outlook.com
    • Port: <accept default 443>
    • Use SSL: <accept default On>

Hope this helps.
    my server address is outlook.office365.com I use active exchange with my own customer domain. I dont know why the above shows a s.outlook.com for the server address ???
    01-05-14 06:45 AM
    That's very similiar to what Google does.

In fact, on recent OS versions, BB10 routes you right to the proprietary Google webpage (within the email setup dialog) that sets up an app-specific-password.

Prior to that, it would disconnect a lot because it tends to "distrust" endpoints when their network address changes and so on, and drop the session.

Yahoo does that too at times, the following describes their two-factor auth thingy, but this is not to my knowledge embedded in the BB10 account setup for Yahoo yet:

http://email.about.com/od/yahoomailt...entication.htm
    All the way at the bottom of the article it says two step authentication is not available on mobile devices using imap, which is what Yahoo uses on my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 08:31 AM
    The s.outlook.com server address comes from this page:
    Set up an email app with Outlook.com - Microsoft Windows Help
    About halfway down the page expand Apps that support Exchange ActiveSync.
    01-05-14 11:38 AM
    Thank you to all that replied, through a combination of all your posts I finally got Outlook.com to work on my Z10.

Thank you
    Omnitech likes this.
    01-07-14 05:08 PM
    Congrats as I have not been able to access my work exchange account since loading either of the most recent leaks. All others no problem...

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 07:23 PM
    IMAP isn't ActiveSync. People should stop giving advice about things they don't understand.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 01:27 PM
36 12