I am all for the new z10 however if they do not solve the outlook sync issue I am out.

I thought that was a given feature for a phone at this level. Others at my company are delaying the switch until a solution is found. One way data transfer does not solve it.

Any recent word on this?

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 02:31 PM
    agreed, I am on Outlook for MAC trying to sync via gmail. Can only manage one way contact sync, no calendar sync, no notes. Crap I say. I thought a month down the road and all the bitchin that Blackberry would have solved these issues with BB Link but no. BB10, all dressed up and nowhere to go. Nokia 920 next?
    04-19-13 02:37 PM
    agreed, I am on Outlook for MAC trying to sync via gmail. Can only manage one way contact sync, no calendar sync, no notes. Crap I say. I thought a month down the road and all the bitchin that Blackberry would have solved these issues with BB Link but no. BB10, all dressed up and nowhere to go. Nokia 920 next?
    LOL good luck with that.
    04-19-13 02:44 PM
    If you're syncing outlook with gmail, what does link have to do with it?
    04-19-13 03:07 PM
    Link would in theory be a solution to the above mentioned problems. Right? or am I missing something.
    04-19-13 03:13 PM
    So I dropped gmail calendar and contacts (useless) and use cardav and caldav to sync with icloud calendar, contacts and mail. You can still use your gmail account for mail but I highly recommend the caldav and carddav route. It's dead easy to integrate, reliable and no missing fields like I experienced with gmail, outlook, hotmail, live et al. And (MAC) desktop calendar and contacts updates as it should.

KB33812-How to integrate iCloud contact, calendar, or email accounts on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone
    04-19-13 03:20 PM
    Thanks for the helpful reply. I will take a run at this tonight.
    04-19-13 03:23 PM
    Happy to help. pm me if you need more assistance.

-When you select add account in account set up on the phone, go directly to the advanced setting at the bottom of the screen.

-You can integrate the components separately, which is what I did.
    04-19-13 03:27 PM
    You may know more about it than this ........... but just in case...............

How to sync Outlook information with Blackberry Z10 | Geek Squad
    04-19-13 04:12 PM
    For testing purposes I have setup outlook.com account from Settings ->Accounts -> Add Account -> Advanced -> Microsoft Exchange Active Sync. Works flawlessly keeping calendar, contacts and email synced.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 04:33 PM
    Here is a nice little walk through that really helped me! Maybe it will help you as well. I ma having no issues after this unless user (me) created! LOL!
    04-19-13 04:45 PM
    Got it up and running. sync both directions for contacts and Cal. Brilliant. thanks.
    blackburberry likes this.
    04-20-13 06:55 AM
    Now that you have it working.......

---- Open any contact and click "Links" at the bottom of screen
    ---- Your links page should show 1 Link = Outlook

---- Now peek left in contacts and click on SIM (it should be blank = "No Contacts")
    ---- Now peek left in contacts and click on Local (it should be blank = "No Contacts")

Now add a random New Contact (Jane Dough, Jim Smith, Rocky Balboa .... whatever)
    --- Open this new contact .... click links at the bottom
    --- You will see 3 links (Local, SIM, and Outlook)
    Yep ...... your new contact is saved/sync'd in all 3.
    You can peek into Local now and see your 1 new contact
    You can peek into SIM now and see your 1 new contact.

You cannot change this behavior currently, there is no way to set default contact account(s) / Link(s).

There is a way to correct/undo the Links.

Point is, anyone sync'ing contacts should be aware of this ..... particularly if you decide to sync a second set of contacts / email. Everyone should be aware that you have data going on your SIM. Everytime you add a new contact it will be saved / sync'd in 4 places.
    1-- Local
    2-- SIM
    3--- @ email 1 contacts
    4--- @ email 2 contacts
    After a few months of adding new contacts your 2 contact lists where you are sync'ing will start to look more and moe alike.

NOTE: If you are adding new contacts in Outlook online, or from PC they should sync to Z10 fine and this should not be an issue. It is only an issue when you add the New Contact directly on your Z10.

Hope this helps someone!!
    04-20-13 07:09 AM