I am trying to setup a new Z10 email accounts. I used the automatic system for Gmail but when I try to send all I get is the red stop sign next to the email. Any thoughts on what needs to be changed on the SMTP side? I have done a forum search and haven't found anything that I am doing differently.
    09-14-13 12:18 PM
    If you set it up using the gmail option it should have all been done automatically, but if you want to check it. The smtp should be smtp.gmail.com, port 465 ssl on.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 12:25 PM
    If you set it up using the gmail option it should have all been done automatically, but if you want to check it. The smtp should be smtp.gmail.com, port 465 ssl on.

Posted via CB10
    Confirmed, that is exactly what is setup. But it doesn't send email...
    09-14-13 12:32 PM
    Confirmed, that is exactly what is setup. But it doesn't send email...
    Log in to gmail from your PC, go to settings, make sure IMAP is enabled? Also double check your password...

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 12:37 PM
    Log in to gmail from your PC, go to settings, make sure IMAP is enabled? Also double check your password...

Posted via CB10
    Yes, IMAP is enabled. Funny thing is that when I go to the Gmail settings on the phone, there is no place to change/update the password. All my other non-gmail accounts provide that feature in settings.
    09-14-13 12:45 PM
    Ah that's right. It authenticates through the web now.. well delete/re-add I guess..

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 12:48 PM
    Ah that's right. It authenticates through the web now.. well delete/re-add I guess..

Posted via CB10
    Deleted, added, still won't send...password is confirmed to be correct.
    09-14-13 01:04 PM
    Hrmm.. I don't know what to tell you then.. it's not a software problem with the Blackberry, because it isn't affecting anyone else.. and it's not a gmail problem as a whole.. because it isn't affecting anyone else.. hundreds of thousands of users in this forum have gmail accounts setup on their Z10's.. I have 3 myself.. so the problem has to be with your particular gmail account.. but what the problem would be I don't know.. And getting support from Google for a free Gmail account is painful..

Do you have any other Gmail accounts you can try? Create a dummy account if you have to.. it only takes a minute..

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 01:43 PM
    Hrmm.. I don't know what to tell you then.. it's not a software problem with the Blackberry, because it isn't affecting anyone else.. and it's not a gmail problem as a whole.. because it isn't affecting anyone else.. hundreds of thousands of users in this forum have gmail accounts setup on their Z10's.. I have 3 myself.. so the problem has to be with your particular gmail account.. but what the problem would be I don't know.. And getting support from Google for a free Gmail account is painful..

Do you have any other Gmail accounts you can try? Create a dummy account if you have to.. it only takes a minute..

Posted via CB10
    OK, setup another account I never use and it sends no problem. So, I will compare settings and see what's up. Both were setup automatically.
    09-14-13 01:59 PM
    Nope, settings on the phone are identical between accounts. I guess I have to check the settings directly on the gmail accounts and see if they are setup different.
    09-14-13 02:19 PM
    So, I check both accounts in Google and find that the one that works perfectly (and syncs all folders) is setup as POP enabled and IMAP disabled. So, that makes no sense. OK, the account that isn't working says POP enabled and IMAP enabled. I disable IMAP and it still won't send from the Z10. I have run out of ideas. Accounts are now setup identically on the phone and in Google.
    09-14-13 03:01 PM
    Clearly the problem is with that one account, in Google's side.. your options now are to try and get support from Google, of start using the new account and forward your old one.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 03:15 PM
    OK, I went back again and checked on the phone. There IS a difference. For the working account, there is the full email address in the field for SMTP Username. I had previously found that the non-working account didn't have that listed. So, I entered it and saved the information. Now, when I go back in and check, that field is blank. I have tried multiple times to enter and save and as soon as it is done saving, that field is blank.
    09-14-13 03:41 PM
    That was the problem. The fix was to delete the account and then REBOOT the phone. Then setup the account again, but hit the "advanced" option at the bottom of the first screen. The fields were prepopulated, including the SMTP Username. Now the account can send. Not sure why the Z10 was unhappy doing that for one account but fine with the other...
    09-14-13 04:04 PM
    Glad you got it sorted.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 04:11 PM
    One last question. Is it possible to setup the phone so that when I delete incoming or outgoing email from my phone it doesn't delete it from my laptop? I can imagine setting up the phone to not sync the trash or the incoming folders but can't figure out what to do with outgoing. I want it to send the outgoing to my account so I have access to them on my laptop but I don't want them hanging out on my phone cluttering things up. Any suggestions?
    09-14-13 05:37 PM
    From the hub hit the overflow menu (3 dots bottom right) , choose display and actions, then switch the toggle for show sent messages to off.

Posted via CB10

Attachment 201662
    09-14-13 05:44 PM
    From the hub hit the overflow menu (3 dots bottom right) , choose display and actions, then switch the toggle for show sent messages to off.

Posted via CB10

Attachment 201662
    Great. Not exactly what I asked for but that works. Sort of out of sight, out of mind. A couple more questions came up as I am learning the Z10.

1) I understand that the Z10 will only store the last 30 days of email on the device. What happens to the email that is deleted automatically on day 31? Is it just removed from the Z10 or does it also remove it from my Gmail account as if I manually deleted an item that was sync'ed?

2) I think the answer is no but is there any way to be able to get rid of incoming email from the phone and not delete it from the account? I was thinking of turning off the inbox sync but that check mark is grayed out. Maybe the only way is to move it to a read file and then hide it like your suggestion for the sent messages.

Thanks in advance for all the help.
    09-14-13 10:28 PM
    You must be using an old version of BB10 on your device.. as the 30 day limit has been removed now. I believe every carrier has released the 10.1 MR now.. so if you just got your Z10 it should have prompted you to install it on first run.. anyway, pop into the settings menu and find the check for software update button.. you'll then need to delete your email accounts and re-add them, you will have a drop down menu with the option to choose 90 days or even forever.

Anyway. no matter which option you choose, no once you've passed the set time, the messages will disappear from the device but they will remain on the server.

As for your second questions, when you delete a message on your device, it actually doesn't delete from gmail.. it archives, so from the web interface, go to the "all mail" folder and you'll find all your missing messages.
    hennesseystealth likes this.
    09-14-13 11:16 PM
    I also facing the same issue previously. My solution is to delete the problematic account and re-add it back.
    09-14-13 11:26 PM
    You must be using an old version of BB10 on your device.. as the 30 day limit has been removed now. I believe every carrier has released the 10.1 MR now.. so if you just got your Z10 it should have prompted you to install it on first run.. anyway, pop into the settings menu and find the check for software update button.. you'll then need to delete your email accounts and re-add them, you will have a drop down menu with the option to choose 90 days or even forever.

Anyway. no matter which option you choose, no once you've passed the set time, the messages will disappear from the device but they will remain on the server.

As for your second questions, when you delete a message on your device, it actually doesn't delete from gmail.. it archives, so from the web interface, go to the "all mail" folder and you'll find all your missing messages.
    Running 10.2.0.1443, so I didn't know about the 30 day limit being removed. It was something I had read previously on the forums before I started using my Z10. I am an old school OS5 type which is part of my problem. I know how BBOS worked for a lot of years and now I have to unlearn.

And, All Mail has all the emails, even the ones that don't show up in sent or the inbox. This is why I love Crackberry; there is always someone that has the answers to your questions.
    09-14-13 11:39 PM
    I also facing the same issue previously. My solution is to delete the problematic account and re-add it back.
    That didn't work for me as when I re-added the account, it left out the SMTP Username. I had to delete, re-add, but use the advanced setting on the first page to make sure the SMTP Username was present. For some reason, the fully automatic method messed up that account every time.
    09-14-13 11:41 PM
    DAMN!!! My email account did this on my Z30 right out of the box. Running 10.2.0.210 and WON'T pick up the new update. ALL updates are in the form of the version I am running a la 2.0.210... So I don't know there. I guess thats another complaint, in another thread... I deleted/added my gamil acct. 3 X before it came right. I think I just got lucky. I was on the phone with Telus and everything. It turned out ok though. Now, I'm in Australia, the phone is unlocked and I had to reset back to factory settings. with that being said, I have email incoming, nothing outgoing as before. I'm on the third addition of my gmail acct. I really hope this works this time... see what happens.
    11-04-13 04:11 AM