That doesn't mean his issue is not real, and no, Gmail, outlook, yahoo are not affected. Only hosted email accounts are.

Posted via CB10
    My hosted email is fine. But I have a client the got 10 new Zeds also hosted email and they could not get it working. What we ultimately did is use Rogers smtp (smtp.rogerswirelessdata.com) leaving username and password blank, no authentication.

Steve, Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 02:36 PM
    Did you update your OS? This only started happening after the update, it was fine before.

Posted via CB10
    I have a Verizon STL100-4 unit with the leaked 10.1.0.1429 installed. All is working without issue.
    04-22-13 02:36 PM
    My hosted email is fine. But I have a client the got 10 new Zeds also hosted email and they could not get it working. What we ultimately did is use Rogers smtp (smtp.rogerswirelessdata.com) leaving username and password blank, no authentication.

Steve, Posted via CB10
    This is essentially the issue I have...
    04-22-13 02:39 PM
    Is your IP address allowed/added through the router/firewall of email host. If not, on a hosted account, you may be able to receive, but not send.
    04-22-13 02:39 PM
    Upgraded to the 10.1 leak, and my (one) e-mail woes went away.

On my ISPs hosted e-mail, I could not send via SMTP when connected to my WiFi network at home. I COULD send via this ISP over the TMo Network. (POP/SMTP) No SSL, No Authentication

My GoDaddy hosted exchange always worked flawlessly. SSL POP/SMTP Authenticated

I used IMAP set-up for yet a third account, and no problem, ever. Authenticated IMAP

My ONE problem was solved with the 10.1 Leak.

I DO believe that there is an issue with folks not being familiar with mail protocols, ports and other things. Previously, BB was simply e-mail address, password "plug and play". And, certainly, that is nice. Now, of course, you have to know/become a little knowledgable as to what you are doing. Can one blame folks for not being knowledgable? No.

If you are coming from an older BB where all you had to know was E-mail addy and Password, yes, you're in for a surprise. Unfortunately, it's just reality with the Z10.

I DO believe a lot of folks are bailing out early witout giving it a little bit of effort and time. Are there issues with the Z10 and e-mail? Yes, it seems so. Are these issues ALWAYS the Z10s fault? No.

Is Android any different? I say no. BECAUSE: I had the exact same thing with an Android I tried for a bit, some years ago, with my ISP mail---inability to send SMTP (unathenticated) over aWiFi connection. NEVER got resolved. On my Z10, the leaked OS fixed it, telling ME that a fix is imminent.

Thus, I find a lot of this "e-mail didn't work so I dumped it" a LITTLE bit disengenuous. After all, from what I recall, setting up e-mail on a droid required the same knowledge regarding accounts and protocols as needed on a Z10.

Sorry, I am not getting my head around all of this hysteria.

Again, is it possible that some things are still buggy? Sure. Would it have been nice/smart for all of this to have been ironed out by the Z10 release? Yes, of course.

But to take a position that the Z is the ONLY DEVICE having issues of any sort is a little out there.
    sooman54 likes this.
    04-22-13 02:40 PM
    and you posted this why?.... This is why you have carrieris and actually BB tech Support..... If you think you have issues with BB wait till you have to deal with a monolith like Apple..... Should be interesting with you saying it is the phone and Apple or Samsung ) elling you it is "you".... very politely however..... and finally under 5 posts..... really......
    I posted so maybe Blackberry can fix this issue?? I spent hours at Verizon we tried on 2 different Z10's and they both didn't work. I fell in love with the phone and I want to go back, but not until there is a fix.
    04-22-13 02:40 PM
    I have a Verizon STL100-4 unit with the leaked 10.1.0.1429 installed. All is working without issue.
    Good to hear the leak fixes it so hopefully the official update will too.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 02:43 PM
    Really doesn't sound like a problem with the phone, I have 2 email accounts on my phone. One is for school so it isn't your normal Gmail or anything, it has to be set up manually. My personal one is also on its own server so it had to be set up manually, never have had an issue with either. Sounds like VZW or your ISP is the true issue.
    04-22-13 02:45 PM
    No, this is a well known bug that only happens to hosted accounts, not free emails like Gmail yahoo Hotmail.

Posted via CB10
    My hosted email works now. My provider changed something on my account, don't know what.
    Bell Mobility didn't change anything.
    Nothing was changed on my phone.

PS: My wife's SG3 had the EXACT same issue
    04-22-13 02:46 PM
    I posted so maybe Blackberry can fix this issue?? I spent hours at Verizon we tried on 2 different Z10's and they both didn't work. I fell in love with the phone and I want to go back, but not until there is a fix.
    Sorry to say but it looks like you've expended more effort whining than trying to find a solution
    04-22-13 02:51 PM
    Upgraded to the 10.1 leak, and my (one) e-mail woes went away.

On my ISPs hosted e-mail, I could not send via SMTP when connected to my WiFi network at home. I COULD send via this ISP over the TMo Network. (POP/SMTP) No SSL, No Authentication

My GoDaddy hosted exchange always worked flawlessly. SSL POP/SMTP Authenticated

I used IMAP set-up for yet a third account, and no problem, ever. Authenticated IMAP

My ONE problem was solved with the 10.1 Leak.

I DO believe that there is an issue with folks not being familiar with mail protocols, ports and other things. Previously, BB was simply e-mail address, password "plug and play". And, certainly, that is nice. Now, of course, you have to know/become a little knowledgable as to what you are doing. Can one blame folks for not being knowledgable? No.

If you are coming from an older BB where all you had to know was E-mail addy and Password, yes, you're in for a surprise. Unfortunately, it's just reality with the Z10.

I DO believe a lot of folks are bailing out early witout giving it a little bit of effort and time. Are there issues with the Z10 and e-mail? Yes, it seems so. Are these issues ALWAYS the Z10s fault? No.

Is Android any different? I say no. BECAUSE: I had the exact same thing with an Android I tried for a bit, some years ago, with my ISP mail---inability to send SMTP (unathenticated) over aWiFi connection. NEVER got resolved. On my Z10, the leaked OS fixed it, telling ME that a fix is imminent.

Thus, I find a lot of this "e-mail didn't work so I dumped it" a LITTLE bit disengenuous. After all, from what I recall, setting up e-mail on a droid required the same knowledge regarding accounts and protocols as needed on a Z10.

Sorry, I am not getting my head around all of this hysteria.

Again, is it possible that some things are still buggy? Sure. Would it have been nice/smart for all of this to have been ironed out by the Z10 release? Yes, of course.

But to take a position that the Z is the ONLY DEVICE having issues of any sort is a little out there.
    The z10 was fine then the update came and broke it. The problem is at BlackBerry 's end. Two months now without a fix.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 02:52 PM
    Maybe it's the ISP's fault? See my previous posts above, and others that refer to this common ISP issue. Maybe that's it.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    It's not, the problem only started after the BlackBerry update, it was fine before that. I got no response on this.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 02:52 PM
    The z10 was fine then the update came and broke it. The problem is at BlackBerry 's end. Two months now without a fix.

Posted via CB10
    I agree 100%, when they activated the Z10, they said there is an update and I think that is the culprit..
    04-22-13 02:54 PM
    Many of you could be running into port 25 port blocking issues. This is very common and unless your email provider provides the alternative port 465/587 SSL options for smtp then you will not be able to send email from an email address that is not a valid account on the network you are using. We do that here for our user plus we block outbound port 25 traffic from our network. The reason for this is simple, to block relayed spam from compromised devices through mass mailing viruses and malware.

The reason Gmail, Outlook.com work everywhere is because they do the same. If the above is your situation then there is nothing for BlackBerry to fix since it is not broken.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 02:55 PM
    Sorry to say but it looks like you've expended more effort whining than trying to find a solution
    I tried looking for solutions, and there is none! I called NS and they said it should work with pop or imap which we did, it's Blackberry fault period.
    I've been waiting for months to get this phone, and I am a blackberry addict, and I need to reply to my business emails with my phone.
    04-22-13 02:57 PM
    The ISP that hosts my email blocks their SMTP server unless you connect to it through their own network. Thus, I have to use a different SMTP as unless I am on wifi at my parent�s house it will not work. Same for my home computer� Is it possible you guys could be having a similar problem as there is nothing that can be done to fix this.
    So does every other SMTP hoster. If not their SMTP server would be an Open Relay and the spammers would have a field day. The only way to do this properly is to require authentication.
    04-22-13 02:59 PM
    Many of you could be running into port 25 port blocking issues. This is very common and unless your email provider provides the alternative port 465/587 SSL options for smtp then you will not be able to send email from an email address that is not a valid account on the network you are using. We do that here for our user plus we block outbound port 25 traffic from our network. The reason for this is simple, to block relayed spam from compromised devices through mass mailing viruses and malware.

The reason Gmail, Outlook.com work everywhere is because they do the same. If the above is your situation then there is nothing for BlackBerry to fix since it is not broken.

Posted via CB10
    I think I've tried 4 different ports with and without authentication, no luck. I don't think all email providers are affected but mine, 1and1, are. I've seen many complaining.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 02:59 PM
    Why does it seem like American users are having so many problems compared to everyone else?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 03:00 PM
    Me too had the same issue previously with my ATT version... Network Solution email account. Previously, the work around that I used was to use cwmx.com as smtp.... though with the latest official ATT OS update.. apparently they fixed it..and now i can use mail.xxx.com (your actual network solution account)... so I think eventually verizon will catch that...or BBRY..and they can roll out the fixes..

Yesterday, I purchased my white Z10 and loved it, I added all my contents from my 9930 and then time came to setup my email accounts...
    I have never had issues with Blackberry before with setting up emails, I tried every possible combinatioans for smtp, imap, pop and nothing, I received emails but could not send.
    So this morning, I go back to Verizon to see what they could do, we called Network Solutions which is my ISP, nothing!!!
    Spent an hour and a half no resolve..
    So I returned my Z10 and I am frustrated, back to my old reliable Bold 9930

If they don't fix this issue, I am leaving Blackberry....
    04-22-13 03:07 PM
    Me too had the same issue previously with my ATT version... Network Solution email account. Previously, the work around that I used was to use cwmx.com as smtp.... though with the latest official ATT OS update.. apparently they fixed it..and now i can use mail.xxx.com (your actual network solution account)... so I think eventually verizon will catch that...or BBRY..and they can roll out the fixes..
    I'm sure they will, and I will be back
    04-22-13 03:09 PM
    I think I've tried 4 different ports with and without authentication, no luck. I don't think all email providers are affected but mine, 1and1, are. I've seen many complaining.

Posted via CB10
    The providers have to set this up on their SMTP servers. It is not enable by default. One way to test if it has been set up is to use telnet. Connect to the mail server IP using either port 465 or 587 and you should see the smtp server response if setup. Make sure you are using the correct address and don't repeat it too frequently. Once is enough or you could get blocked for port scanning. Email admins frown on this kind of thing.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 03:10 PM
    So does every other SMTP hoster. If not their SMTP server would be an Open Relay and the spammers would have a field day. The only way to do this properly is to require authentication.
    Exactly. Many anti-spam sites scan for open relays and if found, they blacklist the server.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 03:12 PM
    Translation.

I couldn't figure out the email setup. I returned the phone because I prefer something that's easier to setup.

Posted via CB10
    To be fair there is an issue with certain POP/SMTP set ups as I understand it. And yes BlackBerry (you know the email experts), needs to fix this sh1t yesterday.

It's not affecting me but I can understand how frustrating it is for others.
    04-22-13 03:15 PM
    Thanks, I really needed the clarification...
    04-22-13 03:15 PM
    The providers have to set this up on their SMTP servers. It is not enable by default. One way to test if it has been set up is to use telnet. Connect to the mail server IP using either port 465 or 587 and you should see the smtp server response if setup. Make sure you are using the correct address and don't repeat it too frequently. Once is enough or you could get blocked for port scanning. Email admins frown on this kind of thing.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, I had this issue initially when I started setting up email. I could send & receive while at home, but not at work (could ONLY receive at work). After I set SMTP to port 587, SSL "OFF", and entered proper credentials (same as email logon) it worked just fine.
    04-22-13 03:25 PM
54 123