Yesterday, I purchased my white Z10 and loved it, I added all my contents from my 9930 and then time came to setup my email accounts...
    I have never had issues with Blackberry before with setting up emails, I tried every possible combinatioans for smtp, imap, pop and nothing, I received emails but could not send.
    So this morning, I go back to Verizon to see what they could do, we called Network Solutions which is my ISP, nothing!!!
    Spent an hour and a half no resolve..
    So I returned my Z10 and I am frustrated, back to my old reliable Bold 9930

If they don't fix this issue, I am leaving Blackberry....
    Davidro1 likes this.
    04-22-13 01:33 PM
    How dare you!

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 01:34 PM
    Can't understand that one. I have 4 email accounts including gmail and only had one problem getting my bb account set up. When I put in the correct password it even worked. I'm on my 4th blackberry in the past 7 years and as far as I'm concerned the Z10 is the best one yet. Loving the hub.
    Jimcmf likes this.
    04-22-13 01:56 PM
    This issue is what tipped me over the edge, two months without being able to send emails is enough for anybody. No fix in sight yet.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 01:57 PM
    Translation.

I couldn't figure out the email setup. I returned the phone because I prefer something that's easier to setup.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 01:58 PM
    This issue is what tipped me over the edge, two months without being able to send emails is enough for anybody. No fix in sight yet.

Posted via CB10
    And you still kept it? I was frustrated for 2 days and had enough. I guess Blackberry knows there is an issue and working on a fix, I'll visit Verizon when they correct the issue.
    04-22-13 01:59 PM
    Translation.

I couldn't figure out the email setup. I returned the phone because I prefer something that's easier to setup.

Posted via CB10
    No, this is a well known bug that only happens to hosted accounts, not free emails like Gmail yahoo Hotmail.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 02:00 PM
    And you still kept it? I was frustrated for 2 days and had enough. I guess Blackberry knows there is an issue and working on a fix, I'll visit Verizon when they correct the issue.
    I got mine for free from BlackBerry lol, I went back to my 9900 two weeks ago and I'm running the Z10 on a prepay sim and wifi.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 02:02 PM
    They haven't officially acknowledged the problem

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 02:03 PM
    I had the same runaround with my first z10. Email outgoing, not working. This is not user error. Read on.

If my Z10 time had been billable hours, I'd feel far more loyal.

I got another z10 when I was out looking at phones and got introduced to a "Team BlackBerry " employee. She (probably) was able to escalate the problem ; she was right there with me when my 2nd new z10 got activated and she saw it couldn't handle email. She put me in touch with other BlackBerry employees. Still, I don't consider her help was a big plus because there were other problems, and it became clearer and clearer that there was no "Complaints Department" in their team.

I returned it too.

After another time off breathing period I got another z10. It works better than the first two. It has issues.
    Ziro1 likes this.
    04-22-13 02:06 PM
    Yesterday, I purchased my white Z10 and loved it, I added all my contents from my 9930 and then time came to setup my email accounts...
    I have never had issues with Blackberry before with setting up emails, I tried every possible combinatioans for smtp, imap, pop and nothing, I received emails but could not send.
    So this morning, I go back to Verizon to see what they could do, we called Network Solutions which is my ISP, nothing!!!
    Spent an hour and a half no resolve..
    So I returned my Z10 and I am frustrated, back to my old reliable Bold 9930

If they don't fix this issue, I am leaving Blackberry....
    I had a look at Network Solutions email set up and saw this:
    Do NOT check "Log on Using Secure Password Authentication"
    Seriously, in this day and age running a mail server without SSL and without secure password auth is crazy. Your mail is somewhat safe using your old BlackBerry because of the way BIS works, but if you do manage to set up an account with them on a BB10, iPhone, Android or WP8 I would be surprised if your account wasn't taken over the first time you checked email at an open Wi-Fi hot spot.
    04-22-13 02:06 PM
    I had a look at Network Solutions email set up and saw this:

Seriously, in this day and age running a mail server without SSL and without secure password auth is crazy. Your mail is somewhat safe using your old BlackBerry because of the way BIS works, but if you do manage to set up an account with them on a BB10, iPhone, Android or WP8 I would be surprised if your account wasn't taken over the first time you checked email at an open Wi-Fi hot spot.
    I tried that and it didn't work, I tried every possible combination and nothing.

Posted via CB10
    Ziro1 likes this.
    04-22-13 02:08 PM
    It's best to just say no to the z10. Too many issues!
    04-22-13 02:09 PM
    FART.......yay

Ooppps!!!! Sorry, I wanted to write "FIRTS"

Posted by flicking my right Thumb
    04-22-13 02:10 PM
    The ISP that hosts my email blocks their SMTP server unless you connect to it through their own network. Thus, I have to use a different SMTP as unless I am on wifi at my parent’s house it will not work. Same for my home computer… Is it possible you guys could be having a similar problem as there is nothing that can be done to fix this.
    04-22-13 02:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    I had (have) a similar issue, but it's entirely my Internet provider's fault. My home Internet is Cogeco but phone is thru Rogers. Apparently Cogeco will not let their email accounts send email while connected to a different providers wifi network.

So when at work or somewhere else on non Cogeco wifi, my email would not send! Can receive though. So the workaround is that my pop setting to receive is Cogeco and works fine anywhere but smtp setting to send is thru Rogers Wireless. Works fine but have to disconnect from Wifi network for a few seconds to let the email send, then reconnect. If it's not an important email I don't bother disconnecting Wifi and just wait until I'm out of Wifi range so data kicks in and sends everything. Screwy but entirely Cogeco fault...I researched forever online until I found all Cogeco users were having this issue.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    04-22-13 02:12 PM
    I don't get it. I have eight email accounts on my Z10; some IMAP, some POP, including Outlook, GMAIL, Comcast and by personal business email accounts. All set up and worked flawlessly from day one.

Posted via CB10/Verizon Z10
    04-22-13 02:12 PM
    and you posted this why?.... This is why you have carrieris and actually BB tech Support..... If you think you have issues with BB wait till you have to deal with a monolith like Apple..... Should be interesting with you saying it is the phone and Apple or Samsung ) elling you it is "you".... very politely however..... and finally under 5 posts..... really......
    04-22-13 02:13 PM
    The ISP that hosts my email blocks their SMTP server unless you connect to it through their own network. Thus, I have to use a different SMTP as unless I am on wifi at my parent�s house it will not work. Same for my home computer� Is it possible you guys could be having a similar problem as there is nothing that can be done to fix this.
    Lol...see my post above. Exact same issue I have.

04-22-13 02:14 PM
    I don't get it. I have eight email accounts on my Z10; some IMAP, some POP, including Outlook, GMAIL, Comcast and by personal business email accounts. All set up and worked flawlessly from day one.

Posted via CB10/Verizon Z10
    Did you update your OS? This only started happening after the update, it was fine before.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 02:14 PM
    Mine works great for POP3, Gmail IMPA and Otlook.com Active Sync.

What I don't understand is that the OP created an account on CrackBerry to tell people he's returning his phone. I mean I can understand creating an account to come on here and ask for help but really? Are you employed by Detwiler Fenton?

There are many reasons for not being able to send, which has nothing to do with BlackBerry. For example, your account may need a mailhop account for sending from outside your local network (many small business IT admins know this).
    04-22-13 02:23 PM
    I had the same issue had to change the encryption on outgoing server all fixed.

Also there were some known bugs which are resolved in 10.1.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 02:28 PM
    Mine works great for POP3, Gmail IMPA and Otlook.com Active Sync.

What I don't understand is that the OP created an account on CrackBerry to tell people he's returning his phone. I mean I can understand creating an account to come on here and ask for help but really? Are you employed by Detwiler Fenton?
    That doesn't mean his issue is not real, and no, Gmail, outlook, yahoo are not affected. Only hosted email accounts are.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 02:28 PM
    That doesn't mean his issue is not real, and no, Gmail, outlook, yahoo are not affected. Only hosted email accounts are.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe it's the ISP's fault? See my previous posts above, and others that refer to this common ISP issue. Maybe that's it.

04-22-13 02:30 PM
    No, this is a well known bug that only happens to hosted accounts, not free emails like Gmail yahoo Hotmail.

I have two hosted accounts no issues. Not on older OS or current Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.1429

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 02:32 PM
54 123