Ok my brothers and sisters as you I hate this repetitive threads but I have seen similar problems as mine but not doesnt relate as much, after a long time I convinced my lil sister to buy a z10, it fits her needs and doesnt looks like one of the bunch in her hands as many girls her age are using Sgalaxy minis in our town and iphones, she loved it but theres a big problem the device its pretty much new about 48 hours or less and the battery its already presenting issues,

in the meantime i decided to give her my z10 and keep hers while i found out whats up with the device, the device was giving me today only 6 hours at full charge, and now after the new 10.2.1.2102 its now only showing 3 hours...

Info about the device.

-fresh new z10 stl 1001(i hope this isnt the problem as mine is the same model and its working flawlessly)
    -she only backed up her contacts trought link from an old legacy BB about 54k of contacts only
    -as she is a girl she has all the must have apps(instagram, vine, pinterest duolingo and spotify)
    -i gifted her a 32g sd with 9g of music(i dont know if indexing music can be consuming battery)
    -only one email account, twitter, whatsapp and fb running(she believes that whatsapp consumes battery as in legacy devices)
    -localization services toggled off, blackberry link off and diagnostics all off

I dont want to disturb as many of you, as i know you all are tired of this kind of threads so you can answer me trought a direct message or add me on my pin and as soon i've talked with someone ill contact moderators to close this thread.

and sorry about my grammar and form, english isnt my first lenguage. thanks in advance.
    03-13-14 07:45 PM
    you might want to give it a week or so new os needs time to index and what not
    Deanig_12 and JDJMC like this.
    03-13-14 08:01 PM
    Try to calibrate the battery, patience is required as it may take a couple of days:

. fully charge (you might not be able to but go as high as possible e.g. 95% or 98%);

. discharge fully (0% or 1%).

Once fully discharged (phone cannot start), take out the battery, leave it for about 1 hour.

Put the battery back and recharge fully through wall power adapter, not through PC USB.

It worked for me.

Similar principles:-

Why (and How) You Should Regularly Calibrate Your Laptop's Battery

How to Calibrate a Laptop Battery on a Macbook: 7 Steps
    JDJMC likes this.
    03-13-14 08:04 PM
    Thanks a lot guys for your fast answers, the indexing thing came to my mind too but i wasnt so sure because my device didnt have any of this problems and this is a new one i might wait a week or so, and try the calibrating thing, while i wait, not knowing i did one while typing the post and the device monitor shows 6 hours now from the 3 it was showing before, i hope the experience for my sister owning a bb10 device is positive.
    03-13-14 08:09 PM
    swap your batterynfor her's to test if it is the battery.
    03-14-14 12:20 AM
    My battery was terrible at the beginning. I had to turn off swipe to unlock to get through the day. I only just turned it back on a few months ago. Now I'm good all day with swipe to unlock left on.

I remember though, it took about 7 days for my battery to settle in that first week.

Posted via CB10
    JDJMC likes this.
    03-14-14 12:25 AM
    swap your batterynfor her's to test if it is the battery.
    Thanks for the reply
    I did that but it's most likely the phone is still indexing

"the way I see it there are two types of people, those who spend their lives trying to build their future and those who spend their lives trying to rebuild the past, for too long I've been stuck in between, hidden in the dark locked on a course of destruction...time moves forward and nothing changes" Playbook 32gb, Z10 stl 1001....Im AdicTEN to bb
    03-14-14 11:21 AM
    My battery was terrible at the beginning. I had to turn off swipe to unlock to get through the day. I only just turned it back on a few months ago. Now I'm good all day with swipe to unlock left on.

I remember though, it took about 7 days for my battery to settle in that first week.

Posted via CB10
    I expect this happens I followed the advice of the calibration and it added +1 hour, I'm doing a heavy use test and so far I got from 100% to 22% in three hours.

"the way I see it there are two types of people, those who spend their lives trying to build their future and those who spend their lives trying to rebuild the past, for too long I've been stuck in between, hidden in the dark locked on a course of destruction...time moves forward and nothing changes" Playbook 32gb, Z10 stl 1001....Im AdicTEN to bb
    03-14-14 11:25 AM
    I'm bumping this to update the interested.
    -after a while battery it's on 16 hours, I followed the calibration process mentioned in the thread, it worked flawlessly after 3 times, I hope now my little sister can take full advantage of the bb10 experience and leave a side how she started with the left foot. Thanks a lot to all with their replies.

This can be closed now.

03-15-14 09:47 AM
    54k (thousand) contacts?!!! wtf

Oh wait, you mean 54kb of contacts.

Best bet is to swap out batteries as has been mentioned before. However keep in mind that on days when I've used the Z10 heavily (a big news day on CB, or lots of pics, messaging, sharing on FB, checking maps, restaurant hours while visiting somewhere new) I'd be lucky to get 6 hours.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 09:49 AM