So I was buzzing around the Crackberry store and noticed that there was no OtterBox Commuter series case for the Z10. I've noticed for awhile now that only the Defender is available, so I decided to check out OtterBox's website to see if they had a Commuter listed at all. No such luck...

I sent a tweet out to OtterBox asking if they would be developing a commuter series case for the Z10 and they said no

I'm a little disappointed. I've had Defender series cases before and to be honest I don't like how bulky they make the phone. I've used a Commuter on my last 5 phones including the one I have now. I really like the sleek design and the fact that it doesn't over-power the look and size of the phone.

I'm wondering if anyone else knows of a similarly robust case for the Z10 that doesn't make it look like a giant chunk of rubber?
    03-14-13 10:16 AM
    I would suggest the case mate tough case or the incipio dual pro.
    fragment137 likes this.
    03-14-13 10:26 AM
    I've been in contact with Otterbox via their twitter also since January. They have no current plans but they're likely also taking a wait and see attitude with the Z10. Considering the quality that Otterbox puts into their cases I can understand this. I settled for a Incipio Dual Pro but will continue to pester them because the commuter line has always been my go favorite case. They only did a Defender for the Playbook which is an amazing case and I love the little hinged stand in the screen cover but I'm not a fan of the Defender on the Z10.
    Last edited by jcraig; 03-14-13 at 12:51 PM. Reason: *edited for typing 'the January' lol*
    fragment137 likes this.
    03-14-13 11:08 AM
    I've been in contact with Otterbox via their twitter also since the January. They have no current plans but they're likely also taking a wait and see attitude with the Z10. Considering the quality that Otterbox puts into their cases I can understand this. I settled for a Incipio Dual Pro but will continue to pester them because the commuter line has always been my go favorite case. They only did a Defender for the Playbook which is an amazing case and I love the little hinged stand in the screen cover but I'm not a fan of the Defender on the Z10.
    Their quality has been severely lacking the past couple of years. Right now I have the commuter case on my 9900 and it's actually falling apart! So disappointed. Also there have been nothing but complaints about the defender case for the Z10 and the misplacement of the sleeper magnet. I think I'm ready to move on from otterbox. Right not I'm eyeing the Ballistics SG case for the Z10. I have that case for the PlayBook and love it compared to the Defender case for the PlayBook
    03-14-13 11:11 AM
    They will infact have a commuter for the Z10...trust me it's coming.
    03-14-13 11:14 AM
    I had a commuter for my GS2 for almost 2 years and my wife managed to crack it. When I asked if she wanted to replace it, she said she found it too bulky and just went with a skin.

The Defender Case for the Z10 is actually laughable IMO with how chunky it is

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 11:15 AM
    I've been watching as well, with the Us release days away, I'm sure it's coming
    03-14-13 11:17 AM
    I know that I would purchase this case for my phone and my brothers as we both had the commuter on our Torch 9860 and the only issue that would happen was with removing it alot for batt pulls and what not, the rubber piece kinda was a little stretched but leaving it in the sun off of the phone for a day would have it tight again. I have already started looking at alternatives like Ballistics SG as mentioned above. If they don't release it I wont be purchasing the brick they call the defender case. Plus I have read some reviews that state using the swiping is restricted with the defender case. So not worth it, just need to be extra careful lol
    Last edited by SkaterGuy2k; 03-15-13 at 08:07 PM.
    03-14-13 11:22 AM
    So I was buzzing around the Crackberry store and noticed that there was no OtterBox Commuter series case for the Z10. I've noticed for awhile now that only the Defender is available, so I decided to check out OtterBox's website to see if they had a Commuter listed at all. No such luck...

I sent a tweet out to OtterBox asking if they would be developing a commuter series case for the Z10 and they said no

I'm a little disappointed. I've had Defender series cases before and to be honest I don't like how bulky they make the phone. I've used a Commuter on my last 5 phones including the one I have now. I really like the sleek design and the fact that it doesn't over-power the look and size of the phone.

I'm wondering if anyone else knows of a similarly robust case for the Z10 that doesn't make it look like a giant chunk of rubber?
    The best 'Commuter type' case I've used is the Incipio OVR MLD.
    I currently use the Defender without it's screen protector and a Skinomi screen protector.

I also emailed OtterBox and they said that "We're not currently developing a Commuter case for the Z10."

Posted via CB10
    fragment137 likes this.
    03-14-13 11:35 AM
    I've looked at all the cases mentioned here and to be honest my favourite of them is the OVRMLD mentioned by CJH. It looks to be about the size of a Commuter... very sleek and doesn't add too much bulk to the phone. The Ballistics case is more reminiscent of a Defender... I don't like the "padded" look on the corners.

Thanks for the info guys,
    03-14-13 12:03 PM
    Otterbox already have a Commuter for the S4. Gah.

The OVR MLD is a great case but doesn't have port covers, a deal-breaker for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 07:47 PM
    How is the OVRMLD compared to the dualpro? I picked up the dual pro yesterday and I like the casemate tough case a lot better. The dualpro doesn't feel very fitted to the phone and I don't like the silicone. The casemate clips on a lot nicer and feels more solid
    03-23-13 12:18 PM
    that would make a great d.i.y
    03-23-13 12:37 PM
    I'm diehard commuter fan on my 9530 and my 9700

When using it on my 9860...then it hits me.
    Having difficulty to type close to edge in portrait mode because of the raised rubber

Finally swiched to capdase alumor

As for my future z10, already ordered ballictic SG

03-23-13 10:18 PM
    I had the commuter on my curve, i find the incipio dual pro on my z10 just as good, great protection
    03-23-13 10:54 PM
    It never came...
    08-03-14 04:56 AM