Recently I bought an Otterbox defender case for my Z10. I also have a Ballistic case, but the ballistic case makes me feel uneasy because the rubber can easily come off the phone if you put your phone in your pockets
    As soon as i put the otterbox case on my Z10 i noticed something wasn't right.... guess what? the bottom part of the case completely covers the BlackBerry Logo, leaving only about 20% of the bottom bezel so you can barely touch the bezel when you swipe up. I'm a big -and proud- fan of BlackBerry and i want to show the logo of my BlackBerry all the time. Right now I'm trying to do a wild cut to get rid of the excess plastic, which is extremely tough to cut.
    I'm a fan of otterbox products, but I'm really disappointed of this one. When the case is on you cant tell what phone is it, ppl might even take it for an Iphone (EW!).
    Also the case is supper thick when is on, makes the screen look smaller since it completely covers the touch side bezels
    So, a little advise for those who might consider buying this case; AVOID IT!... well unless you don't mind making your phone look like an Iphone. (no, I'm not and Iphone hater, i think the iphone is a good phone but I simply don't like all apple products in general)
    10-04-13 10:09 AM
    Man everyone seems to be hating on BlackBerry these days LOL
    10-04-13 10:13 AM
    Yeah I was fairly disappointed in Otterbox's offerings for the z10. Luckily there are several other cases available.
    jdtman likes this.
    10-04-13 10:13 AM
    C'mon...

I highly doubt Otterbox design folks conspired to ensure people mistake Z10s for iPhones, but I have been wrong before...
    paper_monkey and BB_Bmore like this.
    10-04-13 10:16 AM
    C'mon...

I highly doubt Otterbox design folks conspired to ensure people mistake Z10s for iPhones, but I have been wrong before...
    Seriously, watch when you see it.
    Also when the case is on the only part you'll see from the logo is the top two "dots" from the logo. Lame! at least they should've left a little opening to show the logo.
    Another reason to support my point. Don't almost all the Iphone cases have an opening behind the phone to show the logo????
    10-04-13 10:22 AM
    They built it without thinking. Its a flawed product that they never bothered to fix.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 10:22 AM
    And I'm not trying to say they conspired to make the phone look like an iphone, because i say the Q10 case and it looks pretty decent
    10-04-13 10:24 AM
    I thought the otter box was about getting maximum protection. I also thought BlackBerry was all about utilitarian "tools". So, if covering the BlackBerry logo maximizes the device protection while maintaining its utility,.. I guess you could say otter box 'knows BlackBerry' (or at least what it used to be).

I'm just kidding, what a piece of junk.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 10:28 AM
    I'm sorry but I find this to be a bit silly.

Sent from my Motorola side view pager 4-5683-968
    10-04-13 10:35 AM
    I'm sorry but I find this to be a bit silly.

Sent from my Motorola side view pager 4-5683-968
    It kinda is. But details matters for some of us
    10-04-13 10:38 AM
    Ok here's the difference between the original case and my modified case. Also, ignore the few ugly scratches i managed to make while modifying the case lol

Before
    Is Otterbox ashamed of the Z10?-903246529.jpg
    After
    Is Otterbox ashamed of the Z10?-20131004_114343.jpg
    10-04-13 10:48 AM
    Ok here's the difference between the original case and my modified case. Also, ignore the few ugly scratches i managed to make while modifying the case lol

Before
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	903246529.jpg 
Views:	469 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	207626
    After
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131004_114343.jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	207627
    Why stop there...? Why not cut the back out too so you can see the logo on the battery door.

Just out of curiosity... what kind of warranty coverage did your otterbox case offer re damage to your phone..? Before you modified it and voided any coverage?
    Etios likes this.
    10-04-13 11:10 AM
    Lol... should have just gotten the CrackBerry Crunk case.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 11:18 AM
    I thought we were too secure to care what people thought of the devices we carry? Isn't that the prerogative of those shallow iPhone users?
    10-04-13 12:36 PM
    Why stop there...? Why not cut the back out too so you can see the logo on the battery door.

Just out of curiosity... what kind of warranty coverage did your otterbox case offer re damage to your phone..? Before you modified it and voided any coverage?
    I'm already thinking of how to do it lol

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 12:38 PM

I'm not worried about warranty, I know this case will do, but if I can fix things I don't like I'll do it

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 12:40 PM
    I thought we were too secure to care what people thought of the devices we carry? Isn't that the prerogative of those shallow iPhone users?
    Well I'm surrounded by Isheeps, and I don't want to look like, or be one of them. I consider myself unique not part of the mainstream .

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 12:42 PM
    Lol... should have just gotten the CrackBerry Crunk case.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm I do like CB a lot but the items they sell are a Lil bit pricey for me. I'd rather buy stuff from ebay

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 12:43 PM
    Looks good. Can you get a close up uf the area you cut out? Also I assume you had to remove the built in screen protector?
    Keith

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 02:03 PM
    Is Otterbox ashamed of the Z10?-img_00000144.jpg

Nice. Heres the protected case I have for my Z10. It'll never busted up......it'll always be safe in that case.
    10-04-13 02:10 PM
    Looks good. Can you get a close up uf the area you cut out? Also I assume you had to remove the built in screen protector?
    Keith

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I took it off, I already have a screen protector on

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 02:11 PM
    Good idea, might have to get out the Dremel and take a little off the bottom of mine as well. I had put some rubber pieces inside the bottom of the case to lift the phone a bit and expose more bezel, as well as add a bit of stick on rubber to the top switch part of the case so I didn't have to push so darn hard to lock or reboot the phone.
    10-04-13 02:14 PM
    Another shot
    Is Otterbox ashamed of the Z10?-20131004_151144.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 02:17 PM
    I'm actually not convinced that they had a working Z10 to actually test its design with, or if they did their Quality Control department didn't do their job. Covering the bezel to the degree that they did makes gestures tricky at times. The integrated screen cover serves only to trap dirt and dust under it. The holster's magnet to activate the sleeper function on the Z10 does not come close enough to actually do so, making it pointless. The case itself doesn't securely snap into its own holster. And to top it all off, the "kickstand" part of the belt clip broke on mine. I was incredibly disappointed with Otterbox on this one.

The Otterbox Defender for the Z10 is an incredibly sloppy design. But there's no conspiracy against BlackBerry, that's silly. They would have simply not made the case, rather than waste time and money making it poorly just to somehow harm BlackBerry.

If you want a good case with, I feel, similar protection to the Otterbox, check out the Seidio Covert Combo. It's got several layers of protection (you can even strip it down to the Seidio Surface case for lighter duty coverage. The belt clip sleeper function works and locks the phone in securely. My belt clip did break on me (I was sitting down and caught it on the seat and it snapped), but it was easy to order a warranty replacement belt clip.
    10-04-13 02:18 PM
    Good idea, might have to get out the Dremel and take a little off the bottom of mine as well. I had put some rubber pieces inside the bottom of the case to lift the phone a bit and expose more bezel, as well as add a bit of stick on rubber to the top switch part of the case so I didn't have to push so darn hard to lock or reboot the phone.
    Hahahah that happened to me with my previous 9930
    I don't have to press so hard on this one

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 02:21 PM
27 12