Does the magnet put anyone's phone to sleep? Do I need to activate some type of setting? Mine doesn't seem to do anything.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 05:53 PM
    This has been addressed in previous posts I believe. The case magnet doesn't 100% work and it is an issue with the design not your phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 06:05 PM
    Okay thanks. I filtered otter box, but didn't see anything about the magnet.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 06:12 PM
    Don't have the Otter box case, but my leather PDair case had a magnet but was in the wrong position by about 4mm, and also too weak so that when the case just pulled away slightly the phone would wake up. So I took the larger magnet from my old Torch 9800 case and fitted it in to the PAair case so that now it works as it was meant to.

Posted via CB10 using my awesome BB Z10
    04-12-13 06:18 PM
    Yeah...I don't even use the holster now. The magnet is nowhere near strong enough to penetrate the case. Doesn't matter, though...the holster has a bit of a problem holding the phone securely and often the case pops off. Good thing the case keeps the phone safe from drops. It more than makes up for the shortcomings of the holster design.

Posted via CB10 with my BB10 Z10
    04-12-13 06:21 PM
    Whenever I'd get a message I'd pull my bold 9930 out the holster and the screen would light up and automatically show the new message. This otterbox for my Z10 doesn't do anything. I'm hoping their updating the design on it. It's been out of stock on their site for a while now so hopefully that's why

Sent From My BlackBerry Z10
    04-12-13 06:22 PM
    An otterbox person replied to my email saying that they're working on redesigning the z10 case. Apart from the stupid magnet, the case is pretty nice, but I'm still considering returning it, since the magnet de part of why I bought it.

Posted from my T-Mobile Z10, no longer on the Sprint Meh network.
    04-20-13 09:25 PM
    An otterbox person replied to my email saying that they're working on redesigning the z10 case.
    I'm considering a Z10 Otterbox, but I'm not wild about the reviews. Cheap construction on the holster plus a disregard for gestures that require bezel access.

I don't suppose you known how the re-design is coming along?
    04-24-13 06:46 AM
    I'm considering a Z10 Otterbox, but I'm not wild about the reviews. Cheap construction on the holster plus a disregard for gestures that require bezel access.

I don't suppose you known how the re-design is coming along?
    Don't know how the re-design is going, but I just picked one up for those times when my Z10 may need extra protection (camping, working outside, etc). I'm not happy with the holster design or function. It would be fairly easy for a brush from a branch or passing person to take the phone right off your hip. But it does provide good shock and dirt protection. I personally don't notice any issues with gestures, and I was expecting to be frustrated having to deal with the bezel interference.
    04-24-13 08:43 AM
    The bezel interference is horrible.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 09:10 AM
    The bezel interference is horrible.
    Yeah. Their own site has been blasted with that observation since they came out with it. I was hoping they're taking the complaints seriously and working on a new design. RB seems to think the bezel has seen improvement, perhaps? 'Still sounds like a poor quality product at the moment, though.

I'd like to get one once the kinks have been worked out. But I'll only know that by way of people with direct experience.
    04-24-13 09:18 AM