Dear All,

I was excited to get the new BB10 like most of us, but have been facing issues on daily basis.

I am not sure what this "Other Data" is on my phone, and what should I do to free up the space. I tried contacting the twitter help handle to get some clarification on the "Other Data", but I got the reply "As your problem is very complex, we advice you to contact your service provider".

I am not sure how my service provider can help me in understanding what this "Other Data" is on Blackberry Z10? Also, I am not getting a clear cut answer on any of the forums also.

What are my options. Please help me.

Thanks...
    10-24-13 01:39 AM
    What apps you have installed?

Sent from my zipaligned and deodexed own custom ROM on HTC One X
    10-24-13 01:54 AM
    Other data is apps. My sister in law just had the same problem. I got her to delete a few and it cleared up enough memory for her 10.2 to load.

Posted via CB10
    RohilChaddha likes this.
    10-24-13 02:07 AM
    This data is most likely application data.
    Here's one solution...If you do a full backup on BlackBerry Link, wipe the phone and then don't restore application data.
    You will have to download your apps again and you will lose the saved information of those apps.

STL3 1791 hybrid w/10.2.1 bars
    RohilChaddha likes this.
    10-24-13 02:08 AM
    I have more than few apps installed, but none of gigantic size, most of them are less than 10MB and couple are of 50 MB max. I do have few sideloads too, I have deleted them now, but still there is not enough space. Let me try the full wipe of my phone and download the apps manually again.

Should I try avoiding the sideloads? Do they take more space than native apps?

Thanks for all your replies.
    10-24-13 02:18 AM
    Ya I'm seeing the same issue with my memory and don't remember there being so much memory being used. It used to be about 8 or 9 gigs used and then all of the sudden I have about 2 gigs remaining.

Sorry I didn't know how to follow this thread without replying to it.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 02:33 AM
    It could be ur whatsapp back up data. Check it here - filemanager/device/misc/whatsapp/backup.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 07:00 AM
    Is there a way to view a list of all apps you have installed that lists how much storage they take up? Similar to the Application Monitor app in 10.2, but for actual sizes of the apps and their related files.
    10-24-13 07:37 AM
    Is there a way to view a list of all apps you have installed that lists how much storage they take up? Similar to the Application Monitor app in 10.2, but for actual sizes of the apps and their related files.
    Closest I've found is in BlackBerry World. In your list of apps, under each name in the size of the program. It may just be the main app size, not counting any associated cache that it may have, but it's something. And, of course, it doesn't include any side loaded apps.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 08:28 AM
    The App Monitor in 10.2.1.725 and up records the storage space used by apps in addition to battery, CPU and RAM.

Posted via CB10
    pvphooman likes this.
    10-24-13 08:31 AM