My media card was brand new with the Z10 (32GB), and I don't keep very much media in my phone, mostly files and pictures.

Both my media card and device storage are half empty. When I check out what's eating the memory in the Settings menu, I see all the breakdown of the files I have on the card/device which is minimal, but "Other Data" is taking up tons of room! 14GB on my media card alone!

Can someone tell me what this other data is? And how I clear it? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 03:13 AM
    Have you tried browsing the media card when you have the phone connected to you pc/laptop? You should be able to quickly find that amount of data.

Posted on playbook using Tapatalk
    03-31-13 03:18 AM
    I've had this "other" memory thing on my 9810 as well, I posted a thread on it before. idk how it works with z10 but in os7, I found it hidden. these are basically thumbnails of pics so that they don't have to keep on loading them, helps things run smoothly. but you can delete them. they're named thumbs.dat something like that.
    03-31-13 03:21 AM
    Kind a same with "Others" in iOS.. already seeked out about this. None info. Hopefully RIM would explain this matter and do "Something" about it..

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 04:11 AM
    I think it's hidden files of certain apps. I realized (not using media card on Z10) - using the ported Ubersocial packs my Pictures with thumbnails of EVERYONE on my Twitter timeline. Quite a *****, really.
    03-31-13 05:16 AM