On older BlackBerry phone aka Bold 9900, I was able to create as many profile as I needed and assign any notification tone to a specific email subject or sender.

Well, Can't find it in OS10 and no other alternative. Shame!

I am supporting over 40 production servers and getting hundred of alerts daily. To be able to customized email alerts is critical for me. Plus, no other phone makers could match the old BlackBerry notification. Why the heck did BlackBerry eliminate that greatest feature in the new OS?

Posted via CB10
    Jerry A likes this.
    04-25-13 11:26 PM
    It's coming in the 10.1 update I'm patiently awaiting...

Posted via CB10
    sqa4life likes this.
    04-25-13 11:30 PM
    On older BlackBerry phone aka Bold 9900, I was able to create as many profile as I needed and assign any notification tone to a specific email subject or sender.

I am supporting over 40 production servers and getting hundred of alerts daily. To be able to customized email alerts is critical for me. Plus, no other phone makers could match the old BlackBerry notification. Why the heck did BlackBerry eliminate that greatest feature in the new OS?

Posted via CB10
    Email alert customization is coming in 10.1 as mentioned, I'm running 10.1.0.1483 and can confirm this
    sqa4life and russworman like this.
    04-25-13 11:37 PM
    Plus 1 confirmed.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 11:37 PM
    Sometimes people forget where they came from. Ever see that Chinese commercial that makes fun of America and is famous for reminding its students not to turn their backs on things that made th great. While I support blackberry evolving and being like everyone else it is very important that they stay all blackberry as well. I hope they bring back a lot of what was taken away, because this is what made them great unique and desire able.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 12:00 AM
    Great news.

Thanks everyone for your confirmation. I am looking forward to the next update. Hopefully not too long.

Agreed. BlackBerry had many great unique features that made them standout. Hopefully they will bring them back...someday.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 12:07 AM
    Sometimes people forget where they came from. Ever see that Chinese commercial that makes fun of America and is famous for reminding its students not to turn their backs on things that made th great. While I support blackberry evolving and being like everyone else it is very important that they stay all blackberry as well. I hope they bring back a lot of what was taken away, because this is what made them great unique and desire able.

Posted via CB10
    The past is what almost killed them, moving forward is the only way to go, sure email notification is back and it may be considered "bringing back a legacy feature" but on that note I know lots of devices during the OS5/6/7 days that were iOS and Android that did that as well, Blackberry needs to keep evolving to survive and come back and eventually when they have the time to slow down a bit, they can look back on keen legacy features worth implementing into BB10
    04-26-13 12:08 AM
    The past is what almost killed them, moving forward is the only way to go, sure email notification is back and it may be considered "bringing back a legacy feature" but on that note I know lots of devices during the OS5/6/7 days that were iOS and Android that did that as well, Blackberry needs to keep evolving to survive and come back and eventually when they have the time to slow down a bit, they can look back on keen legacy features worth implementing into BB10
    You didn't read what I said. I didn't say they should stick to the past and not evolve. I said go ahead and evolve but don't forget your past.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 12:10 AM
    You didn't read what I said. I didn't say they should stick to the past and not evolve. I said go ahead and evolve but don't forget your past.

Posted via CB10
    And that's what I'm saying is they need to forget it, they need to not have it in the back of their mind slowing them down because they want to keep digging features from it until they're satisfied with BB10
    04-26-13 12:13 AM
    And that's what I'm saying is they need to forget it, they need to not have it in the back of their mind slowing them down because they want to keep digging features from it until they're satisfied with BB10
    I do not agree but we are both entitled to opinions

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 12:16 AM
    I think it was a matter of first building the foundation, or OS, and now that it is done, BB has time to look to fixing the bugs which have not been caught (on it's very limited resources and limited time) in testing, and implementing features, which were many, that work well with the new OS and can improve it (using the OS set up), With more Z10 owners, there are obviously more testers in different environment and uses, which can only help in the process by provided feedback is given and if BB is listening, which it appears that they are, as customer satisfaction is critical at this point, given where BB is at.

As an owner, I can only hope that others owners are patient, because like any other "ecosystem,." Improvement will come far faster, with more people. BB owners have an excellent foundation; just need to stick with it, as a whole and we all benefit as a whole..
    04-26-13 12:23 AM
    Email alert customization is coming in 10.1 as mentioned, I'm running 10.1.0.1483 and can confirm this
    Did they add more tones and alert sounds along with the extra customization?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 12:32 AM
    Did they add more tones and alert sounds along with the extra customization?

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately not in the leaks but possibly in official

Posted via CB10
    russworman likes this.
    04-26-13 12:33 AM
    Unfortunately not in the leaks but possibly in official

Posted via CB10
    That seems to be the most lacking thing to me since they are improving notifications.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 12:37 AM
    More tones and alerts than what? More than the current, limited and basic alerts and notifications of the current Z10 OS, or more than amount of alerts and notifications on the legacy OS?

I imagine more than what is found now and I'm guessing the same amount found on legacy devices, which had a good amount of customization. I think more than that, there's always a 3rd party app for those that want more.
    04-26-13 01:04 AM
    That seems to be the most lacking thing to me since they are improving notifications.

Posted via CB10
    I thought you can select or add your own tones.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-26-13 01:14 AM
    I definitely agree with you that blackberry has to keep going forward on their attempts to be innovative....but they also have to be very careful not to lose some of the things that the 5% market share has stayed for and loved. I love the z10. Actually more than I thought I would coming from my 9900. But there still are some decisions that blackberry made that are "questionable" at best. Example..why get rid of profile customization? I was so surprised that I couldn't set how many times my phone vibrates on vibrate only mode. That is a basic thing that has nothing to do with blackberry trying to be innovative. I'm happy to see alot of these things will be addressed in update (30 day email also). At this point every detail counts as far as getting customers back. Apps are the one thing that can't be helped somewhat but everything else needs to be on point.
    04-26-13 01:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    well what's actually funny is, other than this has been discussed before but. you seem like your not new on here and yet the 10.1 update stuff is going around and yet you missed it... shame.. anywho supposed to be resolved in 10.1 update...
    04-26-13 01:39 AM