by mistake I updated my device to 10.0.9.44 bundle and my device is now blinking and that's it. How did you manage to fix your device ?
    03-08-13 06:29 PM
    by mistake I updated my device to 10.0.9.44 bundle and my device is now blinking and that's it. How did you manage to fix your device ?
    Connect it to the computer and reload the os using blackberry link

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 06:32 PM
    Connect it to the computer and reload the os using blackberry link

Posted via CB10
    I tried that. Same results. Blinking led!
    03-08-13 06:37 PM
    Instagram, kik and SquareIt
    Thanks. My first guess as potential culprit would be Kik.

But in general, sideloaded apps pretty much put you in "Wild West" territory.

Be interested to see how it works for you going forward.
    03-08-13 06:46 PM
    I tried that. Same results. Blinking led!
    Update your device than to os 10.0.10.82

Or try to turn off LED from the settings

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 06:53 PM
    Thanks. My first guess as potential culprit would be Kik.

But in general, sideloaded apps pretty much put you in "Wild West" territory.

Be interested to see how it works for you going forward.
    Soon i'll uninstall kik cuz I'm using ot temporary to keep in touch with some friends that i used to talk with them in whatsapp.. as soon as whatsapp arrives i'll keep my eye on the process of the device without kik..

And thanks for your help i appreciate it

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 06:57 PM
    Search in the forum for the autoloader for 10.0.10.261 and load it to the device. That will solve your problem, what happen with your phone I did it to mine more thsn a dozen time

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 02:34 AM
    hey axiombh, i have the 10.0.10.82 update, but i didnt get the other small "battery improvement" update. Now my battery life is ****t. no matter what i do, phone wont last more than 8 hours. :/
    03-09-13 03:28 AM
    hey axiombh, i have the 10.0.10.82 update, but i didnt get the other small "battery improvement" update. Now my battery life is ****t. no matter what i do, phone wont last more than 8 hours. :/
    Hi Bro, I'm not sure 100% that it ahould be seperate, but because I got it separately and other useres also so I recommend that you search for tge secind update, did you inseted Batelco Sim card and searched for it? Maybe it is already installed but you are utilizing alot of resources in your phone so that it drain your battery.

For me to get a good performance in the battery I do the following:

1- no 3G only 2G
    2- switch off tge LED nottification for all the programs tgrough setting / notification .
    3- switch of vibration.
    4- dont keep anything open in active frams unless you really need it.
    5- switch off wifi unless you are connected to a wifi already.
    6- switch off blutooth.
    7- switch off location services.
    8- reduce tge display lighting to 50%
    9- if tgere is social account that you do not use for example for me (Facebook & Lunkedin) just remove it because the sync is draining your battery.
    10- in your social accounts, change the sync intervals to Max example 30 min.

This what I did in my phone from the day one I got it. Every phone I had I do the same.

Posted via CB10
    Ali Javed likes this.
    03-09-13 07:10 AM
    when i got the phone, with 10.0.9.2372 OS version, i used it with these settings:
    1- display brightness 20-35 %
    2- all accounts sync at 24 hours interval
    3- wifi/data services always on. (when i used to go out, used to switch off wifi)
    4- bluetooth/nfc/location/rotation OFF

USED TO GET 14-16 HOURS OF BATTERY LIFE.
    Now, after the update:
    EVERYTHING SAME. and phone dies in 6 hours.
    contacted VIVA, they recorded my complaint and said they'll get back to me in 2-3 days.
    I dont have a batelco sim yet, how much does it cost ? never used batelco since 2008.
    03-09-13 07:45 AM
    Hi guys!

Just wondering, does anyone get the bbm voice icon in bbm status bar? Cuz I don't. Even other users with Z10. I can't call them on bbm voice cuz the icon doesn't even appear.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 05:37 PM
    Hi guys!

Just wondering, does anyone get the bbm voice icon in bbm status bar? Cuz I don't. Even other users with Z10. I can't call them on bbm voice cuz the icon doesn't even appear.

Posted via CB10
    Nup, it depend on the phone mood but seriously no, not even the video, and also reorted already.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 05:42 PM
    Lol. Very weird. I saw the icon once or twice only, like you said: depends on the mood.

Thanks for reporting!

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 05:48 PM
    Lol. Very weird. I saw the icon once or twice only, like you said: depends on the mood.

Thanks for reporting!

Posted via CB10
    The video got it worked once when I was in the old version, with the new version I got a voice call from 9900 but the call also disconnected.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 05:52 PM
    Hi guys!

Posted via CB10
    I tested a BBM voice call once and it worked fine. Had a random z10 user on BBM the green call icon alwayz showed up.

Posted via CB+BB10
    03-11-13 07:07 PM
    I got the same problem the icon shows depending on the phone mood lol

I did a voice call once she use 9790 and it worked fine

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 11:16 PM
    I have already mention this issue to axiombh (look back on page 4 or 5) and still waiting for your reply from Batelco man. Is there anything they have done about it so far? Because last night, I did a test on BBM Video and my friend was just on 3G (no wifi on) while I had wifi enabled so all of a sudden it worked, but when I disabled wifi and tried both of us on 3G, didn't worked that way. So it's either from wifi to wifi or wifi to 3G. They should come up with a fix already cause this is getting annoying!
    03-12-13 05:43 PM
    when i got the phone, with 10.0.9.2372 OS version, i used it with these settings:
    3- wifi/data services always on. (when i used to go out, used to switch off wifi)

Now, after the update:
    contacted VIVA, they recorded my complaint and said they'll get back to me in 2-3 days.
    I dont have a batelco sim yet, how much does it cost ? never used batelco since 2008.
    Just give it at least 2 weeks in order to stabilize your battery performance. It should get better within time so just wait for that and you will then notice later.

Bahrain Telecommunications Company - Batelco - - Prepaid
    Bahrain Telecommunications Company - Batelco - - Postpaid
    03-12-13 05:52 PM
    I have already mention this issue to axiombh (look back on page 4 or 5) and still waiting for your reply from Batelco man. Is there anything they have done about it so far? Because last night, I did a test on BBM Video and my friend was just on 3G (no wifi on) while I had wifi enabled so all of a sudden it worked, but when I disabled wifi and tried both of us on 3G, didn't worked that way. So it's either from wifi to wifi or wifi to 3G. They should come up with a fix already cause this is getting annoying!
    I saw that man and I have replied you that it has been reported also, it's not from Batelco, Zain or Viva, the problem is with Blackberry, we both reported it, let us hope it get fixed in the next update whenever it is going to come, by the way, the Q10 is already under testing with the operators in Bahrain the got the test devices last week.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 05:52 PM

Now, after the update:

chek if your email acounts are set up properly, if you are using POP then the syncing is using up your battery, setup mail on IMAP and it should improve.
    03-12-13 05:56 PM
    I saw that man and I have replied you that it has been reported also, it's not from Batelco, Zain or Viva, the problem is with Blackberry, we both reported it, let us hope it get fixed in the next update whenever it is going to come, by the way, the Q10 is already under testing with the operators in Bahrain the got the test devices last week.

Posted via CB10
    What?! I thought the Q10 was going to be released around June or May, somewhere that time. I didn't expect it to hear they got the text device already. That's good news.
    03-12-13 06:11 PM
    Alright people time for a little help with my STL100-2 here. I just dumped my STL100-1 as I had enough of it really. To be honest, I'm noticing a lot of great performance mostly the phone is even quicker than ever before on the STL100-2!

Back to the subject, is there any way to get the latest update for my phone now? I know there's no way that the carriers in Bahrain are working on updates for STL100-2 to be pushed but because of the STL100-1 which is not providing with LTE network, I guess I'll have to find a way to update the phone, well, not without your help of course. Sucks that I cannot even have WhatsApp not until I update to the latest OS version
    03-24-13 05:09 PM
    The only way is ordering a sim card from any carrier that provide the update for STL100-2

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=779713

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 05:24 PM
    You would not believe it... I have just got the update (to the latest) by going to BB's site updater that worked like a charm for me. Did not even bothered to order a UK sim card nor the BB link steps. God my day just got even better now!
    03-24-13 05:55 PM
    You would not believe it... I have just got the update (to the latest) by going to BB's site updater that worked like a charm for me. Did not even bothered to order a UK sim card nor the BB link steps. God my day just got even better now!
    Great, that's interesting !

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 06:07 PM
181 ... 45678