Oh no!! That reminds me of the "Battery improvement" we had from Etisalat in 2009 BBC NEWS | Technology | UAE Blackberry update was spyware
    Carriers typically have particular apps that they want to be on the device for the user experience they want for their customers. If users try to remove them, they will re-install.

Though I sympathize about the case you posted a link to - that was a nasty trick for sure.

Thankfully, RIM/Blackberry was not pleased with that situation. And the fallout from that case, I believe, led to the more public debate recently over various country governments and carriers demanding RIM to let them have access to normally hard to access customer communications.

But it's better that that is done with the benefit of public debate over the issue, rather than secret spyware installed on devices.
    03-07-13 02:52 PM
    Currently downloading bb 10 os 10.0.10.82 as we speak got a notification in the hub about the availability .its for sure not a carrier update coz the description said "includes improved battery life and support for third party apps". Very excited hope u guys got it too. M in Qatar. Will update about the findings of new os
    03-07-13 04:07 PM
    The new update seem fixed some problems and have else.. my battery drains more now and my device turned off when the battery reached 10%.. lasted 7-8 hours only.. and it used to last 9-11 before the update :/

Ps.i never charge it until the battrey reachs 5 or 0 and turns off!

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 04:22 PM
    The new update seem fixed some problems and have else.. my battery drains more now and my device turned off when the battery reached 10%.. lasted 7-8 hours only.. and it used to last 9-11 before the update :/

Posted via CB10
    How many days or weeks you had your device now?
    Alooi Divona likes this.
    03-07-13 06:18 PM
    That's a bad idea with a Lithium-Ion battery. You're thinking of ooooooooold Nickel-Cadmium batteries.

Lithium-Ion batteries actually prefer to be charged after short usage times, or trickle-charged. If you discharge it all the way down before you charge it, you will actually shorten its useful life.
    03-07-13 06:37 PM
    So what do you recommend to charge it our device back when it hits low? Like around 15% or 30% is what you're saying?
    03-07-13 06:49 PM
    So what do you recommend to charge it our device back when it hits low? Like around 15% or 30% is what you're saying?
    Whatever you do, don't wait until it is nearly dead, or completely dead. Worst thing you can do to a Li-Ion battery.

Li-Ion batteries actually work better being topped-off repeatedly.
    03-07-13 07:57 PM
    How many days or weeks you had your device now?
    11 days

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 03:30 AM
    That's a bad idea with a Lithium-Ion battery. You're thinking of ooooooooold Nickel-Cadmium batteries.

Lithium-Ion batteries actually prefer to be charged after short usage times, or trickle-charged. If you discharge it all the way down before you charge it, you will actually shorten its useful life.
    Arw you sure about this info?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 03:31 AM
    Arw you sure about this info?
    I am absolutely 100% sure.

I have posted reams about this kind of thing here. I'm tired of searching for things for other people today. You can search.

Or just use Google, something like "Lithium-Ion battery care"
    03-08-13 04:08 AM
    actually there is another small update 3-5 mb which fixes the battery life. i havnt got it. but it is there, and i can tell that battery life is worse after the 10.0.10.82 update.
    03-08-13 04:10 AM
    OK, I'm a masochist I guess:

Five tips for extending lithium-ion battery life | TechRepublic

Excerpt:

Avoid completely discharging lithium-ion batteries

Charging Lithium-Ion Batteries (Battery University)

Excerpt:

Li-ion should never be discharged too low
    03-08-13 04:15 AM
    Sorry for making you search :P and thanks you will ve the reason to save my battery xP

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 04:43 AM
    Sorry for making you search :P and thanks you will ve the reason to save my battery xP
    Awesome. I hope you enjoy your new Blackberry.
    03-08-13 08:16 AM
    Wow getting random restarts!! Every day new problem with the new update WTF!

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 08:37 AM
    Wow getting random restarts!!
    You running sideloaded Android apps? Flash video content in several open web browser tabs?
    03-08-13 09:03 AM
    Wow getting random restarts!! Every day new problem with the new update WTF!

Posted via CB10
    Bro, your phone Have issues reload the software through Blackberry link maybe that will sort out the restart issue, my Z10 never restart unless I redtarted it, amd the baterry just amazing. Did you manage the decond update to be installed for thr battery performance?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 09:04 AM
    Bro, your phone Have issues reload the software through Blackberry link maybe that will sort out the restart issue, my Z10 never restart unless I redtarted it, amd the baterry just amazing. Did you manage the decond update to be installed for thr battery performance?

Posted via CB10
    didnt get any second update, tellme how to get it :/ bb link/web update always shows 10.0.9.44 as update :/
    03-08-13 09:20 AM
    You running sideloaded Android apps? Flash video content in several open web browser tabs?
    Yea i have 3 side loaded apps but i don't keep thenm running unless I'm using them.. but not running any flash video on the browser

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 10:18 AM

Posted via CB10
    I wait few days and see if these issues continue to show i'll reload the software and.yeah i downloaded and installed the second update for battery preformance and it was 9MB

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 10:21 AM
    didnt get any second update, tellme how to get it :/ bb link/web update always shows 10.0.9.44 as update :/
    From your Z10 check for update manually

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 10:21 AM
    I wait few days and see if these issues continue to show i'll reload the software and.yeah i downloaded and installed the second update for battery preformance and it was 9MB
    I don't know how the Android runtime works exactly in BB10 but it may not be possible to completely turn off its resource usage if you have sideloaded apps.

And I assume you know that Android by default does not actually stop apps just because they're not visible. If you really want to make sure they are not running you have to task-kill them.

I have a theory that most people that are having extreme reliability issues with BB10 are running sideloaded Android apps.
    03-08-13 10:56 AM
    I don't know how the Android runtime works exactly in BB10 but it may not be possible to completely turn off its resource usage if you have sideloaded apps.

And I assume you know that Android by default does not actually stop apps just because they're not visible. If you really want to make sure they are not running you have to task-kill them.

I have a theory that most people that are having extreme reliability issues with BB10 are running sideloaded Android apps.
    The problem is that i need these apps i use it a lot.. i'll be watching my Z10 carefully these days and if.the issues are keeping on i'll reload the os and I'll not download side loaded apps I'll wait the native version of each one for BB10

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 11:19 AM
    Can I ask which apps you have sideloaded?

WhatsApp official/tested version is due next week, for example.
    03-08-13 05:24 PM
    Can I ask which apps you have sideloaded?

WhatsApp official/tested version is due next week, for example.
    Instagram, kik and SquareIt

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 05:59 PM
181 ... 34567 ...