got the update from viva, but they didnt roll the battery update yet :/
    How did you get the update? Does this have something to do with the BB version? because i have STL100-2
    03-06-13 09:54 AM
    stl100-1 from viva. Was randomly checking for update last night when it surprised me. still waiiting for the battery improvement update though..
    used to have 12-16 hours battery (moderate-high use) now its only 6-8 hours (minimum use)
    03-06-13 10:25 AM
    stl100-1 from viva. Was randomly checking for update last night when it surprised me. still waiiting for the battery improvement update though..
    used to have 12-16 hours battery (moderate-high use) now its only 6-8 hours (minimum use)
    Wow you got less hours life weird..
    For me it's accepted to be 9-11 hours cuz I'm heavy user but hope for improvement

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 10:32 AM
    Guys have you noticed something which is a new application update after you have updated your device's OS software? It said "BlackBerry 10 applications" and the file size was 4MB. Hmmm this is pretty strange I'd say.
    Yup I got this the next day. Mine was 3MB and in the description it said "Battery improvements..."

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 01:35 PM
    Yup I got this the next day. Mine was 3MB and in the description it said "Battery improvements..."

Posted via CB10
    Were to get it?
    I didn't receive anything yet i updated my Z10 yesterday

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 02:31 PM
    I got it pushed to my device (received notification to update) try manually? I'm on Batelco

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 03:04 PM
    I got it pushed to my device (received notification to update) try manually? I'm on Batelco

Posted via CB10
    I'm on viva i tried yesterday trick to turn off the network and data services which allowed me to get the update .. unfortunately didn't work today.. so I've just took my sis micro sim (batelco) and got it.. it was 9MB

I guess I'll cut my batelco sim card to micro just for the updates lol

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 03:11 PM
    I'm on viva i tried yesterday trick to turn off the network and data services which allowed me to get the update .. unfortunately didn't work today.. so I've just took my sis micro sim (batelco) and got it.. it was 9MB

I guess I'll cut my batelco sim card to micro just for the updates lol

Posted via CB10
    Trust me, you will love the baterry improvment. You will see a MAJOR difference, I did not expect it to be this good.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 03:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    Mine said something like "Update to the applications" and battery as well. But I thought the first, original update was related to the battery at the same time unless it was set to be on a different one. Confusing really.
    03-06-13 03:45 PM
    Trust me, you will love the baterry improvment. You will see a MAJOR difference, I did not expect it to be this good.

Posted via CB10
    I'm excited to check it out my self

Btw after the update the apps that came originally with the device which i uninstalled the
    Came back ( Newsstand, LinkedIn, Box and foursquare)

That's a negative point cuz I'll have to delete them every time I update the device

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 03:45 PM
    Yes that's right. Maybe that was the second updated related to. Don't even bother deleting the originals apps because if you do, it will keep on telling you that there's a new update again which is related to the apps update. Seems to be a bug in the OS I suppose.
    03-06-13 04:02 PM
    Yes that's right. Maybe that was the second updated related to. Don't even bother deleting the originals apps because if you do, it will keep on telling you that there's a new update again which is related to the apps update. Seems to be a bug in the OS I suppose.
    Once you delete it from your home screen Just go to blackberry world, my world, my applications and games, available, long ptess the one you don't want the optiion will come in your right side, chose the last option down ( it looks like a cloud) it will remove from your world.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 04:25 PM
    Didn't receive update when i deleted them i got them back only when updated the device to os 10.0.10.82

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 04:55 PM
    Once you delete it from your home screen Just go to blackberry world, my world, my applications and games, available, long ptess the one you don't want the optiion will come in your right side, chose the last option down ( it looks like a cloud) it will remove from your world.

Posted via CB10
    I deleted them from the app world since i bought the device i did the same as you said but they are back after the new update

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 04:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah that was the tip. Thanks man. Also, any luck while getting the other issues sorted that we talked about yesterday?
    03-06-13 04:57 PM
    Hi..since updating the OS I have a problem sending emails on my configured pop3 accounts...it was working fine before the update..does anyone else have this problem??
    03-07-13 12:48 AM
    Hi..since updating the OS I have a problem sending emails on my configured pop3 accounts...it was working fine before the update..does anyone else have this problem??
    POP,IMAP, Microsoft exchange ActiveSync
    These email setups didn't work for me before the update and after it ..

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 04:23 AM
    POP,IMAP, Microsoft exchange ActiveSync
    These email setups didn't work for me before the update and after it ..

Posted via CB10
    Hi there, what kind of email you are using?

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 05:31 AM
    Hi there, what kind of email you are using?

Posted via CB10
    It's my university email - MY ID Number @student.polytechnic.bh

We use Microsoft Outlook web app.. this is the link we we login : https://webmail.polytechnic.bh/owa/a.../owa/&reason=0

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 05:57 AM
    It's my university email - MY ID Number @student.polytechnic.bh

We use Microsoft Outlook web app.. this is the link we we login : https://webmail.polytechnic.bh/owa/a.../owa/&reason=0

Posted via CB10
    did it worked with you in other phones? cause I belive it required the incoming and outgoing mail server, My younger sister is in plutechnic also I remember she asked me to set it up for her but she did not have this info, so I told her got to the I.T department and see if they can provide you with that.
    03-07-13 06:27 AM
    did it worked with you in other phones? cause I belive it required the incoming and outgoing mail server, My younger sister is in plutechnic also I remember she asked me to set it up for her but she did not have this info, so I told her got to the I.T department and see if they can provide you with that.
    It was working fine on my torch 9860 the info are provided when u login to ur email under about

Also it's working on my friends devices ( samsung, blackerry 7 and less)
    Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 06:55 AM
    Same here with the Polytechnic email so I just gave up and use the website.. Plus I still didn't get the update and I think it's because I have a STL100-2
    03-07-13 07:08 AM
    Same here with the Polytechnic email so I just gave up and use the website.. Plus I still didn't get the update and I think it's because I have a STL100-2
    Yea i use the website.. hope that's going to be fixed in the next update ..

You should see which countries have STL100-2 and which carrier provided the update there and order their sim card if it's possible so you'll be able to grap the updates

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 07:18 AM
    Yeah, I might just do that
    03-07-13 09:50 AM
    You know, I was working through this thread to see if the participants started updating before I got a chance to warn them.

Yes, lots of people had this problem.

The point I was going to make, before you just made it before I got here is: there are often perfectly legitimate reasons for delaying complex software updates, ie testing for bugs.

The SMTP bug has been reported widely. link
    03-07-13 02:46 PM
181 ... 23456 ...