Alright I have mentioned this a lot in other threads and here I'm going again for the last time. WE DO NEED FREAKING SOFTWARE UPDATES for Bahrain and all the rest of the countries in Middle East. Seriously BlackBerry, it's time for you guys to show us more support for your devices and such. We are sick of being the last people when it comes to technology, communications, OS software updates, apps which are not yet released in BBWorld and so on. I believe I do speak on behalf of all the people in Bahrain and rest of Middle East - PLEASE show us more support and care to our countries. I'm standing still with the same OS version that came up with the device which is 10.0.9.348. If this is true that carriers will be pushing out future OS updates which is technically based on our SIM card then believe me when I say this, we are DEFINITELY doomed for the rest of our lives! Either wait for like a year in order to get an update from our carriers or do it the old manual way like we used to do on our previous BB OS devices. I even tried connecting my device to Link without using a SIM, it didn't show me an update. Sigh I'm getting tired of all this and I'm looking for a way to bypass all of this bullsh!t.

BlackBerry, I really hope you do take a look at this thread as I will be saying it for the third time - SHOW US MORE SUPPORT AND CARE PLEASE!!!
    03-01-13 05:25 PM
    I support you 100% even though I am in Canada. This carrier method of rolling out updates is unacceptable and will fragment the heck out of the BB10 landscape. Look at Android OS as an OS and the application support across the various revisions and you will get the somber picture that is ahead of us. Fragmentation, incompatibility, diminished experience, lower quality applications, etc.
    NewLogik, Alzaeem_502 and omercan7 like this.
    03-01-13 05:37 PM
    Alright I have mentioned this a lot in other threads and here I'm going again for the last time. WE DO NEED FREAKING SOFTWARE UPDATES for Bahrain and all the rest of the countries in Middle East. Seriously BlackBerry, it's time for you guys to show us more support for your devices and such. We are sick of being the last people when it comes to technology, communications, OS software updates, apps which are not yet released in BBWorld and so on. I believe I do speak on behalf of all the people in Bahrain and rest of Middle East - PLEASE show us more support and care to our countries. I'm standing still with the same OS version that came up with the device which is 10.0.9.348. If this is true that carriers will be pushing out future OS updates which is technically based on our SIM card then believe me when I say this, we are DEFINITELY doomed for the rest of our lives! Either wait for like a year in order to get an update from our carriers or do it the old manual way like we used to do on our previous BB OS devices. I even tried connecting my device to Link without using a SIM, it didn't show me an update. Sigh I'm getting tired of all this and I'm looking for a way to bypass all of this bullsh!t.

BlackBerry, I really hope you do take a look at this thread as I will be saying it for the third time - SHOW US MORE SUPPORT AND CARE PLEASE!!!
    I feel you, either they give a time frame to the carriers to test and release the OTA or they do it their self, I persinally prefere getting it from BBRY directly.

We can't be under the carrier mercy, screw the infrastructure connection bullsh!t that you have with them, in the end you will lose us as a customers.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 05:48 PM
    I feel you, either they give a time frame to the carriers to test and release the OTA or they do it their self, I persinally prefere getting it from BBRY directly.

We can't be under the carrier mercy, screw the infrastructure connection bullsh!t that you have with them, in the end you will lose us as a customers.

Posted via CB10
    What infrastructure connection bullsh!t you're talking about man? And yes, they will indeed lose us as customers. Isn't it enough we're lacking in terms of apps such as the huge ones which was promised to be here at the launch event (Skype, Instagram, Whatsapp, etc.)? Alright fine, I do appreciate the fact that we (Middle Eastern) have got the device in our hands even before the US, Europe and the others. Yes, I do appreciate that and have to be thankful that we got it first, but that doesn't mean it will shut us up when we won't be having any OS updates like sooner or at the same time the US/Europe carriers releases their OS updates straight away. So BlackBerry, get your @$$ess moving quickly and be even more supportive with our carriers too!
    03-01-13 06:21 PM
    Yeah true. We in India went all out in support of our blackberry despite high prices, but still no love for us.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 08:14 PM
    Is there anything that we can do here? Like contact a BlackBerry team or any operators of our carrier? We can't live on like this seriously.
    03-02-13 03:20 PM
    Is there anything that we can do here? Like contact a BlackBerry team or any operators of our carrier? We can't live on like this seriously.
    I will do some calls tomorrow, I know for a fact that they have 648 testing it, atleast wr get tgat then will push for checking the 672

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 03:25 PM
    I'm not getting here. What is there to "test" the OS update before they release it to the public? Do they have to add a few stuff here and there inorder to get it working for our region or something?

That's good to hear at least they are testing 648 better than nothing. But what about Batelco are they testing the same thing?
    03-02-13 04:04 PM
    im sure blackberry is not happy about the update situation as well, they were originally going to build carrier stacks, that are independent from the OS. the OS can update without the radio(carrier) data, and vice-versa. something changed as they did not keep there word, could be that they are working on getting that done, could be it didnt work out, could be the carriers refused the idea. could be alot of things.

i do however agree that in the long term it is annoying (to everyone) that the carrier has to approve every update everytime. what happens when there are more models in blackberry rage and each gets its software update at a different time. i would like to think that blackberry is working on the issue, to figure out a solution.
    03-02-13 04:09 PM
    No idea, I will have to check tomorrow, but don't ask me about Viva because I have personal issues with their stupid management. I just disconnected all the lines I have and for the company and I have three connections still with them which I will disconnect on June because of an argument I had with one of their seniors, to **** with them.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 04:12 PM
    No idea, I will have to check tomorrow, but don't ask me about Viva because I have personal issues with their stupid management. I just disconnected all the lines I have and for the company and I have three connections still with them which I will disconnect on June because of an argument I had with one of their seniors, to **** with them.

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha Viva sucks as ****! I used to have a broadband connection with them and it was pretty lame. I'm much happier with Batelco honestly. Both, broadband and mobile are much better from them. So who's your current carrier now?
    03-02-13 04:46 PM
    Using my unlocked Z10 with a Batelco sim card has been a better experience in terms of network/data connection than with Viva (I have two Sims tried using it with VIVA first week then switched to Batelco.)

Back to the point of OP, we need updates. I'm sick and tired of people calling and I don't know who they are!! Caller ID problem must be the first problem blackberry fixes in their update.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 04:52 PM
    Ok, I got some info, after the operators approve the update Blackberry will push the update to consumer.

Now in Bahrain, one of the operators already approved it, but Blackberry is waiting for the other two smart *** operators to approve it, hopefully we can get some love this week if we manage to push them.

And by the way, the update will be the 648 which is for STL100-1 the 672 is for STL100-3 and so one so it is the same update but for is is without the LTE.

Anyway I will keep you posted with updates if any.

Posted via CB10
    Alooi Divona likes this.
    03-03-13 02:59 PM
    This is unfair! BlackBerry please change your ways of releasing updates, I remember waiting 3 full months just to get OS 7.1 on my bold 9790. I thought BlackBerry 10 won't support the carrier-approving **** method. I live in UAE and the latest version available here is OS 10.0.9.348 which is not good.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 03:03 PM
    The best way to do it to push everyone you know and having Z10 to call their network operator.

Now you all know how it works

BlackBerry will provide the operators first to check and approve it the Blackberry will push it to you.

If the operators told you something else then they are just bulls!ting you, so act smart and use the above info when you talk to them.

For Bahrain we got one down now two to go

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 03:16 PM
    Ok, I got some info, after the operators approve the update Blackberry will push the update to consumer.

Now in Bahrain, one of the operators already approved it, but Blackberry is waiting for the other two smart *** operators to approve it, hopefully we can get some love this week if we manage to push them.

And by the way, the update will be the 648 which is for STL100-1 the 672 is for STL100-3 and so one so it is the same update but for is is without the LTE.

Anyway I will keep you posted with updates if any.

Posted via CB10
    That's great news but whom did you talk to anyway? Batelco you mean or is it Zain or Viva? So let me get this straight, the .648 is for STL100-1 and the 672 is for STL100-3 which is obviously we are not gonna get that since our model version is different, right?

Dammit I'm thinking of ordering a new phone STL100-2 from the UK. Tired of all this bullsh!t really!
    03-03-13 03:43 PM
    I got Zain approval, calling Batelco tomorrow, got held up with load of work and missed calling them, Viva as I told you earlier I cut the tie with them, so will pressure Blackberry to push them or release the software to zain and Batelco and we can update atleast through them.

And you got it right about the software.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 03:56 PM
    Keep in mind that it has not released for everyone and you are not the only region to not receive the update. Also, it's a simple OS update that has some positives but it will not change your day to day enjoyment... well aside from better battery life. To be totally honest, I don't enjoy my phone any more or less than I did before it came out. It's the same phone with the same features.
    Ali Javed likes this.
    03-03-13 04:01 PM
    Keep in mind that it has not released for everyone and you are not the only region to not receive the update. Also, it's a simple OS update that has some positives but it will not change your day to day enjoyment... well aside from better battery life. To be totally honest, I don't enjoy my phone any more or less than I did before it came out. It's the same phone with the same features.
    Well, that's you in the end, I for myself don't agree with you. I live for this kind of sh!t its keep me moving...

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 04:14 PM
    You do know BlackBerry really has no control over software updates. You need to voice your concerns to your carrier.
    03-03-13 04:16 PM
    I got Zain approval, calling Batelco tomorrow, got held up with load of work and missed calling them, Viva as I told you earlier I cut the tie with them, so will pressure Blackberry to push them or release the software to zain and Batelco and we can update atleast through them.

And you got it right about the software.

Posted via CB10
    Awesome that's great news. And don't bother with Viva, they are the worse when it comes to customer services. I highly recommend you to switch to Batelco services since they are reliable and stable trust me on this one. You know, I do work in Batelco already. I can get in contact with them and everything, but the problem is I do not know whom to contact and inform the person/team in regards of OS updates.
    03-03-13 04:20 PM
    Well, that's you in the end, I for myself don't agree with you. I live for this kind of sh!t its keep me moving...

Posted via CB10
    Haha... I can definitely appreciate that. I'm just trying to lessen the angst on this thread.
    03-03-13 04:22 PM
    Awesome that's great news. And don't bother with Viva, they are the worse when it comes to customer services. I highly recommend you to switch to Batelco services since they are reliable and stable trust me on this one. You know, I do work in Batelco already. I can get in contact with them and everything, but the problem is I do not know whom to contact and inform the person/team in regards of OS updates.
    No worries, I know exactly who are they will catch them tomorrow. And my plan to do yhe switch by June, but still thinking to either Batelco or Zain, I know Batelco is stable network but on my type of work I have to think before acting or I will lose my relationships wish me luck for tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 04:30 PM
    No worries, I know exactly who are they will catch them tomorrow. And my plan to do yhe switch by June, but still thinking to either Batelco or Zain, I know Batelco is stable network but on my type of work I have to think before acting or I will lose my relationships wish me luck for tomorrow.

Posted via CB10

Good luck with it
    We really appreciate what are you doing

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 04:35 PM
    Just so you know that not everyone in Canada get update. In fact many who are under Bell, a major service provider are still waiting for the same update.
    03-03-13 04:36 PM
181 123 ...