If they go private they need to give these carriers the finger. Just update all bb10 phones to the latest os from inside BlackBerry HQ.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 02:32 PM
    I'm currently running 10.2 on my z10. Heard people talking about 10.3 leak before 10.2 release.. how true is that?

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 05:26 PM
    I don't get it.. how come google is updating thier phones and Apple and BB is not?! Thats so hard to understand if they really want more users they should at least be confident with thire own product updates...

Sent from my R800i using CB Forums mobile app
    10-15-13 02:46 AM
    expecting it today

Posted via CB10
    Bauers likes this.
    10-15-13 03:02 AM
    Welcome to those who are expecting 10.2 in mid October, this shows that you are new BlackBerry users. Lol, BlackBerry delay plan....

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 03:13 AM
    lets just hope that it will be out this weekend so we at least know what version of a leak we need to install for those who will not get it via service providers..
    10-15-13 08:04 AM
    Really exited about the 10.2 update, still using 10.1.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 08:08 AM
    In December as a gift hehe

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 08:11 AM
    I don't get it.. how come google is updating thier phones and Apple and BB is not?! Thats so hard to understand if they really want more users they should at least be confident with thire own product updates...

Google only updates the phones they sell directly within a fairly quick time frame. They don't have to worry about carriers. Licensed vendors like Samsung take much longer a lot of the time. And if that Samsung is on AT&T, expect to wait even longer.

Apple does update their phones. Haven't you heard about the recent "second coming" (yet again) with iOS 7?

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 09:23 AM
    Apple does update their phones. Haven't you heard about the recent "second coming" (yet again) with iOS 7?

Posted via CB10
    I would add, Apple updates their own phones independent of the carrier. BlackBerry is in a similar situation as the majority of Android devices, the release schedule is dictated by the carriers.
    10-15-13 09:38 AM
    Kind of weird when you think about it. Kind of like your ISP deciding when you get Windows Updates?

Presented by Dr. Emmett Brown on BlackBerry Z41
    MiSsY_ and Blomsternisse like this.
    10-15-13 10:16 AM
    What about India when it will be released 10.2 can't wait Pls reply

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 01:17 PM
    I would add, Apple updates their own phones independent of the carrier. BlackBerry is in a similar situation as the majority of Android devices, the release schedule is dictated by the carriers.
    Apple owns its own carrier validation labs, and pays the carriers to provide their own engineers. It?s extremely expensive but helps ensure 1) secrecy (since far fewer people have access to upcoming hardware and software and it's easier to track who DOES have access) and 2) consistency, because Apple knows where each carrier is in the process, and can adjust update releases to hit them all at once.

From the awesome PHYSICAL keyboard of my Q10
    10-15-13 02:32 PM
    Think it is time for BlackBerry to re lease updates directly OTA and cut out the carriers. By the time AT&T release it is going to be January and they will likely mess it up as well.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 03:20 PM
    Think it is time for BlackBerry to re lease updates directly OTA and cut out the carriers. By the time AT&T release it is going to be January and they will likely mess it up as well.

Posted via CB10
    Isn't ota require an isp?

What they need is to release it in their website without consent of the carriers. Won't happen though.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 03:26 PM
    From what I understand, and it may not amount to much, all what the carriers need are the radio files of the OS to test on their networks. So, either keep the carrier approved radio files the same or hand it to them months before an OS release for certification, and push the rest of the OS via OTA, all over the world at the same time. I'm not overly familiar with the whole carrier hostage thingy -- what am I missing?
    10-16-13 01:08 AM
    Oh hot news here is what a tmobile representative told yesterday about the update in germany in a tmobile forum:

"We've just got the approval for the update today (meaning yesterday the 15th), it can take up to two weeks until blackberry provides it on its servers."

Nice to hear that things are moving on! But they are always blaming each other for any delay: BlackBerry blames the carriers need to test, whilst they blame that BlackBerry is not providing the update on its servers.

Doesn't matter! The global rollout yesterday is proven so blackberry Imo kept it's word!

Here's the link: Screenshot doesn't load up! (it's in german)

https://feedback.telekom-hilft.de/qu...#answer_189924

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    10-16-13 01:42 AM

If you think about it. The phone only came out in February and they've had a few minor releases then a major one with 10.1 then another minor release or two and 10.2 is supposed to come out this month. Even if it's next month that's two major updates in under a year. Which I don't think is too bad myself.

Posted via CB10 using my BlackBerry Z10 smartphone
    10-16-13 04:31 AM
    What about updates for the Z10s that are currently sold by BlackBerry direct?
    10-16-13 06:41 AM
    If you think about it. The phone only came out in February and they've had a few minor releases then a major one with 10.1 then another minor release or two and 10.2 is supposed to come out this month. Even if it's next month that's two major updates in under a year. Which I don't think is too bad myself.

Posted via CB10 using my BlackBerry Z10 smartphone
    True, but the flip side of that is after 10.2 BlackBerry 10 will be where it needed to be functionally, at first release of the phone.

Posted via CB10
    curvezzz likes this.
    10-16-13 07:08 AM
    Will we see battery percentage on top right corner on 10.2.1?????

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 07:19 AM
    Oh hot news here is what a tmobile representative told yesterday about the update in germany in a tmobile forum:

"We've just got the approval for the update today (meaning yesterday the 15th), it can take up to two weeks until blackberry provides it on its servers."

Nice to hear that things are moving on! But they are always blaming each other for any delay: BlackBerry blames the carriers need to test, whilst they blame that BlackBerry is not providing the update on its servers.

Doesn't matter! The global rollout yesterday is proven so blackberry Imo kept it's word!

Here's the link: Screenshot doesn't load up! (it's in german)

https://feedback.telekom-hilft.de/qu...#answer_189924

Does this apply for Tmobile customers in USA as well? Thanks

Posted with my amazing Z10
    10-16-13 07:43 AM
    I don't know that at all! Could easily be possible, on the other hand tmobile germany and tmobile usa are two completely separated and different companies!

Depends on whether they've got one "update division" for the whole group or (and that's what I guess) they waste their money on two divisions!

10-16-13 08:09 AM
    True, but the flip side of that is after 10.2 BlackBerry 10 will be where it needed to be functionally, at first release of the phone.

Posted via CB10
    EXACTLY!! Well put.

Presented by Dr. Emmett Brown on BlackBerry Z41
    niss63 likes this.
    10-16-13 08:50 AM
    Will we see battery percentage on top right corner on 10.2.1?????

Posted via CB10
    Let's hope for the complete date too!?
    curvezzz likes this.
    10-16-13 09:21 AM
51 123