So there's huge hype around this software update, everyone wants to know what it will be. Do you think it will be big as everyone expects or a update people will regret being excited for opinions?

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    Abrante likes this.
    04-04-13 06:38 PM
    I think it over hyped. I'm sure we will see some added features and improvements but don't think it's going to be that big of an upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 06:47 PM
    So there's huge hype around this software update, everyone wants to know what it will be. Do you think it will be big as everyone expects or a update people will regret being excited for opinions?

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    Anticipate an underwhelming handful of minor changes to support the BlackBerry Q10. Most issues raised on this forum will not be fixed.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    HedoBum and garyadamshannon like this.
    04-04-13 06:55 PM
    As long as it doesn't break what's working!

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 06:55 PM
    It won't be a huge update aside from adding some APIs and compatibility with QWERTY based phones, plus the dark theme for OLED displays.

It's a little unrealistic to expect something huge besides bug fixes in an update that is coming 2 months after the first phone was released. It takes Apple/Google a 1 year cycle to push out major updates.
    04-04-13 06:57 PM
    Don't expect too much on 10.1 it is more for physical keyboard BB10 such as Q10 and SQR 100-3.

See this for R series http://lhaini.com/blog/blackberry-10...suk-indonesia/

Sent from My White Z10
    04-04-13 06:59 PM
    I hope that I can send emails with my POP/SMTP email and that my emails no longer automatically delete after a few hours!

Posted via CB10
    ummie4 and PICS like this.
    04-04-13 07:03 PM
    mmm... hope 10.1 will cook for me !
    04-04-13 07:05 PM
    I want it to take care of the limited 30 days email retention. This feature doesn't even bother me but it's a serious deal breaker for new business users.

And how it needs to resolve emails still on the pop platform.

Anything else to me, are nice-to-have's.

Posted via CB10
    PICS likes this.
    04-04-13 07:06 PM
    Well since it's version 10.1 you'd think it would be big I guess we gotta wit till os 11 lol

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    Abrante likes this.
    04-04-13 07:09 PM
    Two BlackBerry employees have already stated that its mostly a maintenance bug fix as opposed to a features update.

There will probably be something new but its not going to be anything to do a back flip about.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    ronwayne likes this.
    04-04-13 07:10 PM
    I want it to take care of the limited 30 days email retention. This feature doesn't even bother me but it's a serious deal breaker for new business users.
    Yup this will be fixed in 10.1

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    pandapurple and paul_tibbs like this.
    04-04-13 07:12 PM
    People are going to get all worked up about features they want and will be greatly disappointed when those changes don't happen. It's common in the blackberry community everyone gets worked up over nothing and gets disappointed when what they imagined doesn't happen

Posted via CB10
    SirJes likes this.
    04-04-13 07:13 PM
    i don't think it will be that big...jut some bug fixes and minor improvements
    04-04-13 07:19 PM
    Anticipate an underwhelming handful of minor changes to support the BlackBerry Q10. Most issues raised on this forum will not be fixed.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    And if it is what will u say den?

Posted via CB10
    Abrante likes this.
    04-04-13 07:19 PM
    People are going to get all worked up about features they want and will be greatly disappointed when those changes don't happen. It's common in the blackberry community everyone gets worked up over nothing and gets disappointed when what they imagined doesn't happen

Posted via CB10
    It would be good that BBRY can make an announcement of what all the fixes would be, closer to time. I'm confident that BBRY would want to please and if they can get more fixes in, and perhaps one or two surprise feature updates, it will do it. Fixes can create other bugs. Weird but true. So says an ex-UAT tester here.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 07:21 PM
    HDR shoot mode is coming. It has a thread with pictures over it on the q10

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 07:25 PM
    I don't expect huge changes. I can see them fixing some of the small issues.
    04-04-13 07:25 PM
    Fix for 30 day emails, allow 2 way wired outlook syncing, full PIM migration, ability to call block specific phone numbers, enhanced battery life, a RIM built twitter app, and a pop up shower. I fear the chances of any of these happening may be the same.

Steve, Posted via CB10
    yvpan1 likes this.
    04-04-13 07:38 PM
    Don't get excited,it's supposed to fix paint peeling.

Posted via CB10
    BB_Bmore and Eric Shapiro like this.
    04-04-13 07:43 PM
    As kill_9 said...underwhelming will most likely be the feeling you will be experiencing from this update. Too many grandiose features enhanced in one update chances danger of overloading users' frontal cortex. RIM is not prepared to handle the ensuing lawsuits brought against them for causing subdural hematomas brought on by the shock of too much awesomeness in one update.

Posted via CB10 with my Z10
    04-04-13 07:49 PM
    I try not to get too excited. As long as they introduce more battery tweaks I'm a happy camper. I love my Z10, just don't like how much drain is involved with the simplest tasks.

I just want BlackBerry to keep up the updates and not get into a funk like Microsoft did. I hope they keep true to their slogan, keep moving.

Oh, yes. I forgot. I want the ability to set multiple alarms and an option to turn off the camera shutter sound. If the Canadians want it then have it be region based. Those two really tick me off

Posted via my Zee10
    Abrante likes this.
    04-04-13 08:08 PM
    I read somewhere they will have more battery improvements

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    04-04-13 08:11 PM
    I would think just bug fixes, let's face it, this OS is actually pretty darn awesome for a first release.

Posted via CB10
    pandapurple and elGuapoTorres like this.
    04-04-13 08:22 PM
    Expect the worst, receive better than that.
    I'm so anxious though.

Posted via CB10
    Abrante likes this.
    04-04-13 08:39 PM
92 123 ...