make that three random reboots.....it just did that now

seems i'll have to go back to the stock OS today.....goodbye hdr
    You start from scratch or just restore your backup
    05-02-13 02:03 PM
    No problems at all.

Everything is running smooth.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 02:05 PM
    GPS location icon is on almost all the time, and when it shuts off and is re initial iced though an app that uses GPS such as Maps, it stays on for an extremely long time, sometimes 6h+.

Battery calibration went out of whack completely following the upgrade and had to be drained and recharged fully in order to normalize. It is still exhibiting strange charging pattern where the battery will jump from 94%-95% full to 100% full in a split second.

Edit for install type: fresh install, no restoring from backup. Full wipe.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dejanh; 05-02-13 at 04:45 PM.
    05-02-13 02:06 PM
    I dunno why people install leaks, there is a reason 10.1 isn't here its not ready.

Posted via CB10
    R Field and yueytan like this.
    05-02-13 02:08 PM
    Phone get hotter. Shut down straight away when my battery left 15% n i can't on it back.. i need to charge my phone for few mins then auto boot up.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 02:09 PM
    With Russian sim card this version of OS doesn't allow the integration of BBM into the Hub. Thus no notifications for new BBM messages at all. Also no BBM contacts are depicted in Contacts app and there's no dedicated BBM item in the Hub list of accounts.

Feels like we are being discriminated.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 02:10 PM
    Battery damaged or the phone must recalbirate the battery .
    05-02-13 02:12 PM
    My Z10 restart when I tried to send a pin message
    05-02-13 02:16 PM
    please!!!

Tell also extra INFO - if you install from scratch or you just did also a restore/backup.
    05-02-13 02:22 PM
    so probs are :

hot battery sometimes
    no payments in app store
    reboots but still don't know if it came from restore/backup
    GPS Location icon stays on top for a long time after clossing some apps?
    05-02-13 02:23 PM
    Also:
    No "Smart Dialing" option in phone
    Missing contacts in phone that really are in "Contacts"
    05-02-13 02:35 PM
    probs

o probs are :

hot battery sometimes
    no payments in app store
    GPS Location icon stays on top for a long time after clossing some apps?

No smart dialing
    missing contacts still does't know it came from restore/backup

If you tag a problem also tell us if you install from scratch or also did a restore/backup
    05-02-13 02:43 PM
    Have smart dialing here, unlocked phone. Payment options are there, you have to purchase something first, then alls well
    05-02-13 02:46 PM
    That contacts bug I do have. Also notice the battery getting hotter. Fb still sucks, everything else working better. I didn't do a restore since my text message will go crazy when I did. Having a conversation with 1 person but receiving the response in 4 different contacts was not cool at all. Sometimes I didn't even know you texted me. Lol

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 02:47 PM
    o probs are :

hot battery sometimes
    no payments in app store - solved if you buy something from the first ime so no prob anymore
    GPS Location icon stays on top for a long time after clossing some apps? still a problem unknow which app gives a prob.

No smart dialing - works normaal but sometimes not after restore/backup
    missing contacts -seems only after restore/backup

If you tag a problem also tell us if you install from scratch or also did a restore/backup

Most problems are from restore/backup so it seems so far
    05-02-13 02:52 PM
    I dunno why people install leaks, there is a reason 10.1 isn't here its not ready.

Posted via CB10
    Previous leaks were very solid, even moreso than the 10.0 official releases. It wasn't until this one that i started seeing some issues.
    05-02-13 03:58 PM
    Facebook sync was fixed with the FB update yesturday
    05-02-13 04:19 PM
    GPS issues are present with any app that uses location, whether sideloaded or native.

Netflix sideloaded application no longer works. It cannot connect to the server (not possible to log in).

Again, fresh install, no restore.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 04:51 PM
    Payment option is there to see the setting you need to go into app world start a purchase process than cancel
    I can confirm that this workaround works. Just go until the payment method selection, then cancel the purchase process.
    Last edited by leppa; 05-14-13 at 10:48 AM.
    05-02-13 04:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    Interesting....your comments IMPLY that you don't install leaks.... perfectly OK, your choice, and respected either way.

thus, you APPEAR to be passing judgment on the/a "leak", most likely without running it yourself.

The initial OS on my phone was buggy as hell, not smooth, laggy, and on and on. Either of the following "leaks" improved things tremendously.

Though you theory may have some merit, there is no credibility in THIS CASE unless you try it yourself first. In this case, it was a big advantage and beneficial.

Here is your answer to why folks install leaks: it IMPROVES things, potentially.

Now, why BB released the original 10.0 with the bugs it had? A completely different discussion.
    tinker2000 likes this.
    05-02-13 04:55 PM
    I have rotation lock set, it resets to not set everytime it reboots. that's how I know.

how do u tell if you have a reboot when the boot time doesn't show in the OS?
    05-02-13 05:10 PM
    This seems to be a pretty solid build for me. It actually fixed the lingering location symbol, which in turn improved the battery time as I found 1483 to be draining more than previous. After a clean install this time, I also had access to app permissions again which I had lost in 1428.

Here's a couple of things I noticed from the last leak install as well that may or may not be effecting people's installs since there seems to be quite a variance of experiences:

I had downloaded the leaked os on a Mac, unrarred it on the Mac and then transferred it to my PC. This seemed to screw something up in the file. It let me install everything but the phone would not boot properly. I ended up redownloading and unpacking the whole thing on the PC and all worked fine.

So if you're having issues, things like transferring back and forth from Mac to PC, or sometimes even using file storage like Dropbox, etc to move the file around before install can seem to screw the odd file especially if it's compressed.

Like I say, it may not be the solution but somethings to look at if you are having unique problems that the majority don't seem to be having.
    05-02-13 05:19 PM
    The hub manager still craps out if you have too many accounts
    Spell checker in some apps like the browser is not as good as in the rest of the OS
    Payment page is still broken
    Browser still crashed on some sites instead of just showing an error
    05-02-13 05:49 PM
    Battery life is shorter than 10.0.x.

I've noticed some BB native apps are malfunctioning now... for example yellow pages app.

my payment options is also screwed up

but no reboots ever...oh and it gets hot...but i had that problem from the very beginning...
    05-02-13 06:10 PM
    I installed and can not send or receive any text messages. Going to go back to the .1483.

edit: I can't even delete old text
    05-02-13 08:38 PM
117 1234 ...