In Setting, Security and Privacy, there is Encryption now. I don't remember seeing that before, i could be mistaken tho.
    Nice find... it was NOT there before, in 2372.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 05:56 PM
    Custom *message* notification per contact is new.

Only custom ringtone was available per contact in retail OS release.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    no it was always there before. do you even have a Z10 man?

second most important update of all: volume rockers now disabled when locked!
    02-28-13 05:57 PM
    More notification profiles now...
    phone calls only
    Vibrate only
    Silent
    Normal
    All alerts off

Plus vibrate and sound for certain profiles only, not an ON/OFF only option.

Next I would like to see custom vibrate per item i.e. 3 shorts, 1 long etc.

Nice step forward bbry.

Loving this update.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 05:59 PM
    You can geotag pictures. Swipe down from top in camera, then click settings. I don't remember that being in the previous version.

Posted via CB10
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    02-28-13 06:02 PM
    Subscribed + I now know on a smaller scale how some Americans feel. I'm fortunate to have the Z10 but itching for this update on Vodafone UK.

Tea will pass the waiting.
    jdhooghe likes this.
    02-28-13 06:04 PM
    Might be just in my mind but the menu from top seems easier to swipe down. I would fight with this at times.

Posted via CB10
    elGuapoTorres likes this.
    02-28-13 06:05 PM
    Adding an item to the Calendar shows the list of calendars at the top, so you can pick your calendar.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 06:05 PM
    You can geotag pictures. Swipe down from top in camera, then click settings. I don't remember that being in the previous version.

Posted via CB10
    This feature was already there

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 06:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    I seem to remember geo tagging but I may have been on cheap drugs. You may be right.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 06:07 PM
    All here : http://blogs.blackberry.com/2013/03/...rry-10-update/

3rd Party App Performance

We?ve improved performance for 3rd party applications, so developers can build apps that run fast and smooth for you. With this update, you might want to keep an eye out for some fresh new app launches in March, like WhatsApp.

Phone, Calendar, and Contacts

Among the top improvements and features are fixes for Gmail calendars on BlackBerry 10. You?ll also find improvements in the BlackBerry Hub for logging calls log and how conversations are handled. We?ve also made general improvements to importing contacts from online sources.

Camera

We?ve optimized the camera for better photos in low-light situations. You?ll love the difference this makes for photos where you don?t use a flash ? like the Time Shift Camera feature.

Browser and Media

With more and more of you using the gorgeous screen on the BlackBerry Z10 to consume online videos and media, we?ve made a number of improvements to the software in the way the browser handles video playback to provide a fantastic experience.

Battery Life

The software team has included a number of battery life optimizations with over 60 battery saving improvements since launch to keep you moving. These combined improvements are designed so that you see improvements in battery life and heavy users especially should see a longer average usage per charge cycle.

So cool...

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 06:08 PM
    I have a second update that reinstalled all the default applications I deleted.

Annoying.

Posted via CB10 on the Z10
    02-28-13 06:10 PM
    Very interesting as to how quickly they can add minor features/debug things. Hopefully this is the new norm...
    02-28-13 06:17 PM
    Check this out BlackBerry 10 software updated to 10.0.10.85: Top 5 Improvements �Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog

Top 5 improvements

We�ve improved performance for 3rd party applications, so developers can build apps that run fast and smooth for you. With this update, you might want to keep an eye out for some fresh new app launches in March, like WhatsApp.

Among the top improvements and features are fixes for Gmail calendars on BlackBerry 10. You�ll also find improvements in the BlackBerry Hub for logging calls log and how conversations are handled. We�ve also made general improvements to importing contacts from online sources.

Camera
    We�ve optimized the camera for better photos in low-light situations. You�ll love the difference this makes for photos where you don�t use a flash � like the Time Shift Camera feature.

Browser and Media
    With more and more of you using the gorgeous screen on the BlackBerry Z10 to consume online videos and media, we�ve made a number of improvements to the software in the way the browser handles video playback to provide a fantastic experience.

Battery Life
    The software team has included a number of battery life optimizations with over 60 battery saving improvements since launch to keep you moving. These combined improvements are designed so that you see improvements in battery life and heavy users especially should see a longer average usage per charge cycle.
    02-28-13 06:19 PM
    logged on to my facebook and saw a new post from Blackberry addressing whats in the OS update > BlackBerry 10 software updated to 10.0.10.85: Top 5 Improvements �Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog
    02-28-13 06:22 PM
    Yes it finally removed the stock spark over the text msg app, even tho I read them all, curious to see how much more battery life I will get out of this phone with this update!

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 06:26 PM
    Will this work with a factory unlocked device or only for the carriers listed? Have mine coming tomorrow
    02-28-13 06:31 PM
    My battery is at 70% instead of 30%... Excellent…
    jarrodmeyer likes this.
    02-28-13 06:31 PM
    Ok, After the update (to 10.0.10.85), I am back on Gmail from outlook.com as email, contacts and calendar came in with basic setup. Yes, there 3 entries in accounts but I'm happy. I tested 2 way calendar sync and that works too. Thank you Blackberry!

BesAdmin Z10 User
    Superfly_FR and jarrodmeyer like this.
    02-28-13 06:32 PM
    Since no real changelog (that i know of) lets post our findings of the new features and fixes for OS 10.0.10.85 update

As Kevin pointed out:

- Phone Notifications in bedside mode

I found that the typing bubble (not sure official name) for corrections is way easier to grab and move... I had trouble before but touching anywhere on it now seems to work real well.

Go...
    Today we issued a software update for BlackBerry 10 smartphones that�s focused on your feedback. It�s already available from some carriers and we�re working closely with all our carrier partners to get it to you as soon as possible.

It�s almost been a month since we officially unveiled the new BlackBerry 10 smartphones and many of you already have a BlackBerry Z10 in hand. You�ve been using it for weeks, and we�ve been listening to your feedback, and have been working on an update just for you. Here are just a few of the improvements you can expect after updating your software.

We�ve improved performance for 3rd party applications, so developers can build apps that run fast and smooth for you. With this update, you might want to keep an eye out for some fresh new app launches in March, like WhatsApp.

Among the top improvements and features are fixes for Gmail calendars on BlackBerry 10. You�ll also find improvements in the BlackBerry Hub for logging calls log and how conversations are handled. We�ve also made general improvements to importing contacts from online sources.

Camera
    We�ve optimized the camera for better photos in low-light situations. You�ll love the difference this makes for photos where you don�t use a flash � like the Time Shift Camera feature.

Browser and Media
    With more and more of you using the gorgeous screen on the BlackBerry Z10 to consume online videos and media, we�ve made a number of improvements to the software in the way the browser handles video playback to provide a fantastic experience.

Battery Life

How to update your software on BlackBerry 10
    Software is available over the air (OTA). Typically, you�ll get a notification about new updates, but you can manually check to see if it has been made available by your service provider and install it in a few simple steps.
    Settings> Software Updates> Check for Updates> � then follow the on screen steps to install.

The download is approximately 150MB in size, so I recommend updating when connected to Wi-Fi.

There you have it � the first OTA update to your BlackBerry 10 smartphone. We�ll be rolling out the update with all of our carrier partners around the globe over the coming weeks. Be sure to check it out when it�s available and let us know what you think in the comments below. Your feedback is always welcomed and we will continue to listen as we update and improve BlackBerry 10.

Source: BlackBerry 10 software updated to 10.0.10.85: Top 5 Improvements �Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog
    02-28-13 06:33 PM
    I am on Bell network. Any other Canadians not get this update yet?
    02-28-13 06:42 PM
    Yes. The update worked on my factory unlocked z10 on Rogers tho.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 07:03 PM
    Will this work with a factory unlocked device or only for the carriers listed? Have mine coming tomorrow
    See above message.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 07:04 PM
    The OS feels snappier. Everything seems to work faster for me

Posted via CB10 using BBZ10
    02-28-13 07:06 PM
    See above message.

Posted via CB10
    That's cause you're on Rogers though. I have a feelings that it depends on the sim card used. I have an unlocked fido Z10 with tmobile, and I didn't get the update until I put back the fido sim card and then checked for updates. After it finished updating, I out my tmobile sim card in again
    02-28-13 07:20 PM
    02-28-13 07:22 PM
147 1234 ...