It has to do with the different bands used. I know there is a matrix somewhere on here, but I also found this..

BlackBerry Z10 - Full phone specifications
    02-27-13 05:30 AM
    I think he meant the Playbook updates the way you want. That is the playbook updates as follows: The playbook OTA process doesn't involve wiping the phone and reinstalling everything
    02-27-13 05:48 AM
    When you install the update OTA it does not wipe the device.
    I installed the 10.0.10.32 update from the settings menu and it didn't wipe my device.
    So maybe it is a problem with unofficial updates, since installing OTA updates requires no wiping and restoring. It just installs and everything is there.
    Thank you for your more informative reply.
    02-27-13 07:02 AM
    Installed on my unlocked Fido z10 running on tmobile. I had not been having any problems with earlier versions and have not noticed anything different so far.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 07:02 AM
    Does this update fix the battery issue
    02-27-13 07:09 AM
    well first of all, this IS NOT an official release. Play with it at your peril. Who is to say how the supported release will perform or if this will even be the version released by BB.

If your Z10 is just a toy to experiment with, then go ahead and experiment, but don't be surprised, appalled or pissed off when something doesn't work satisfactorily.

My advice is wait for the formal supported release, and then be surprised, appalled or pissed off.

For the life of me I cannot understand why RIM/Blackberry still insists on completely wiping the device for every minor OS update and restoring every single app and data all from scratch again.

When I updated my Thinkpad Android tablet from Gingerbread to ICS (MUCH more major update) I didn't have to wipe everything off the device and restore it all from scratch, losing things in the process.

I can possibly understand if for security reasons they want a "perfectly clean install" but if Microsoft or Apple tried to do something like this with their desktop OS's they'd be crucified by customers and the press. Does any other smartphone platform have to go through this rigamarole for minor OS updates?
    02-27-13 07:32 AM
    Wondering what will happen when OTA OS becomes available? Will it wipe the phone? What about sideloaded apps? Still haven't been able to backup my Z10 through Blackberry Link and it really ticking me off...
    You would think it would eventually behave like a PlayBook OS upgrade and keep everything intact. I'm normally quick to install a leaked OS, but if I have to re-install all my apps, and re-sideload the Android bar files... forget that. I'll wait this out. Nothing is "broken" on my Z10 to warrant that kind of pain now.
    02-27-13 07:32 AM
    Post deleted due to being orphaned from intended post.
    02-27-13 07:37 AM
    When is this OS update going to be released from Blackberry officially?
    When BlackBerry officially announces it.
    02-27-13 07:44 AM
    For the life of me I cannot understand why RIM/Blackberry still insists on completely wiping the device for every minor OS update and restoring every single app and data all from scratch again.
    For the life of me I can't understand why you would think that forcing an unofficial, unreleased OS version manually onto your phone then prematurely blaming BlackBerry for wiping the device during the process makes any sense. Are you really serious? The official OTA update process does not work like that.
    02-27-13 07:50 AM
    does it work with both the RFK121LW and the RFF91LW i know these are the two variants of the STL100-3?
    02-27-13 07:52 AM
    Can I update STL100-1 version?

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 08:11 AM
    seriously???? please read the thread you will answer your own question, or if you want to be real lazy just look at the title of the thread.

Can I update STL100-1 version?

Posted via CB10
    blakobecwa likes this.
    02-27-13 08:17 AM
    seriously???? please read the thread you will answer your own question, or if you want to be real lazy just look at the title of the thread.
    I red it. But the other source says only -3 version.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 08:23 AM
    i installed this but when the phone rebooted it installed back to the old 10.0.9 version how do i stop that ? or was it becuase i did a restore from Link ?
    tried twice and keeps going back to old os Rogers z10

FOUND IT forgot to scrool down to OS section .Kinda confusing

The Z10 is currently sitting at OS version 10.0.10.261 and according to TELUS we’ll possibly see BlackBerry 10.1 come in March – they list it as having an “expected in-market date.”
    Last edited by Wirelezz; 02-27-13 at 12:45 PM.
    02-27-13 08:24 AM
    Wondering what will happen when OTA OS becomes available? Will it wipe the phone? What about sideloaded apps? Still haven't been able to backup my Z10 through Blackberry Link and it really ticking me off...
    I wasn't able to either. Stuck at preparing backup then failed saying to confirm the device is powered on or connected. Fairly certain bad sideloads is what bummed me out. If not that, gremlins somewhere. Anyhoo, I bit the bullet and reloaded my OS and all is well now. Haven't sideloaded and probably won't ever again. Too many uncertainties plus I'm not a huge fan of the Android player. Let me know if I can help with anything.
    02-27-13 08:28 AM
    Sorry to be a pest. My question is about the restore after the upgrade.

SMS and BBM conversation I've had are very important to me s when you do the restore from link would these contents be restores just as they were or not? I have a lot of mod time and experience with pre os10 but 0 with my z10 and os 10

Also any noticeable change on the battery life?
    Conversations are stored on the media card I believe and won't be reloaded back into BBM but rather on the card for retrieval directly.
    edriss likes this.
    02-27-13 08:30 AM
    I couldn't figure it out
    To the mobile site we go lol

This happens when u misspelled a word and u click on it
    Reminds me of the iPhone word list that pops up and works the same way
    This was present in previous OS. It popped up only when clicking on a misspelled word. Are you saying this comes up automatically now? I won't be able to load until tonight.
    02-27-13 08:32 AM
    someone is violating their BB enterprise beta program terms and conditions , someone has been very bad
    srbuhr and meltbox360 like this.
    02-27-13 08:33 AM
    The install went smoothly.
    I did a backup, installed the leak, then restored the backup.
    I had to re-enter all of my passwords, but there is hope they will fix the pasting of passwords. If you type in the password field, you can now select it, but there is no cut or paste, but I would guess (hope) that is coming. I use LastPass as my password manager and it works flawlessly on the Z10 and I HATE typing the passwords.

When it first starts up the Hub takes about a minute to rebuild.

General Impressions - a bit snappier. I have not seeing the white screen when I select Settings. When you create a new calendar appointment, you see your calendar list above the Subject line and you can check off the calendar you want to use - NICE. The Hub seems faster at deleting multiple messages - it was laggy before.
    mscooley likes this.
    02-27-13 08:33 AM
    Just a heads about about doing the small update afterwards. First, I didn't have a choice to skip it. And either way, it only changes the software release version, not the OS version. And it's only a 3mb download so obviously it's not going to overwrite the entire software back to the older version...
    02-27-13 08:34 AM
    Does this update fix the battery issue
    There isn't a battery issue. Just a matter of initial heavy use and/or background learning phases. It settles down. Trust me. Posted by someone who easily gets 8-9hrs battery life consistently.
    02-27-13 08:40 AM
    Why it is getting wiped is because the image obtained is a factory image. IF we can get our hands on the update image, we won't have to wipe. I've messaged a dev who wrote a os loader about this.
    Thunderbuck, Omnitech and DJRikko like this.
    02-27-13 08:57 AM
    I can. You can't.

yah... i said it.
    @Can you run netflix on. Thats just mean... Funny, but mean!
    02-27-13 08:59 AM
    This has some new features?

There is now an option to receive phone calls when in bedside mode.

There are now options for custom notifications for each contact.

Were these present in earlier versions?

Posted via CB10
    EsJayDee likes this.
    02-27-13 09:07 AM
387 ... 23456 ...