Is the Android runtime any different? Most of my ports don't work

Posted via CB10
    Where do you check this

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 12:45 AM
    For the middle east phones I will try it and revert back, I'm downloading it now and once I reach office I will install it and give my feedback.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 12:46 AM
    Is the Android runtime any different? Most of my ports don't work

Posted via CB10
    Did you have to reinstall your sideloaded apps with BBHtool, or did they carry over with the bakup process. And which apps stopped working. I got so many android apps going Ill pass on this update if it messes with it.
    02-27-13 12:51 AM
    Problem....OS looks like it installed correctly...BUT when I enter my BBID, it is not recognized.....wtf?????
    02-27-13 01:07 AM
    if it asks you update the OS after you have installed it. click no or it will revert back to your old OS version
    02-27-13 01:51 AM
    My backup and restore via Link brought back any apps I got from BlackBerry World but my side loaded Android apps disappeared.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 01:59 AM
    Ok.....managed to get past this...I was entering the wrong combination of email address and password....my bad....

All is good, so far....I did a restore after the update, which asked me for email passwords, but it all works fine now.

I'll have to play with it over the next few days to see if there's any difference.. So far, though...it's not crashing. Yay me.
    02-27-13 02:03 AM
    When is this OS update going to be released from Blackberry officially?
    02-27-13 02:06 AM
    Found a new feature with keyboard entry
    Will upload a pic when I figure out how to on the crackberry app lol

Posted via CB10
    I couldn't figure it out
    To the mobile site we go lol

This happens when u misspelled a word and u click on it
    Reminds me of the iPhone word list that pops up and works the same way
    Attached Thumbnails Os 10.0.10.648 [stl-1003 only]-img_00000003.jpg  
    02-27-13 02:16 AM
    The update went well but when I connect my phone to BB Link to restore it gives me this message "Device Setup Incomplete: Disconnect your device from your computer and complete the Setup app on you device. When complete reconnect your device." I don't know what I'm missing here. I have everything setup properly in the setup app including my BBID. Do I have to setup all my email accounts manually maybe then it will recognize the phone in BB Link?
    02-27-13 02:17 AM
    Added one of my email accounts and it worked. Restoring right now
    02-27-13 02:28 AM
    The update went well but when I connect my phone to BB Link to restore it gives me this message "Device Setup Incomplete: Disconnect your device from your computer and complete the Setup app on you device. When complete reconnect your device." I don't know what I'm missing here. I have everything setup properly in the setup app including my BBID. Do I have to setup all my email accounts manually maybe then it will recognize the phone in BB Link?
    You need only to do the initial setup and that's it, you need to finish tge tourtarial.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 02:48 AM
    For the life of me I cannot understand why RIM/Blackberry still insists on completely wiping the device for every minor OS update and restoring every single app and data all from scratch again.

When I updated my Thinkpad Android tablet from Gingerbread to ICS (MUCH more major update) I didn't have to wipe everything off the device and restore it all from scratch, losing things in the process.

I can possibly understand if for security reasons they want a "perfectly clean install" but if Microsoft or Apple tried to do something like this with their desktop OS's they'd be crucified by customers and the press. Does any other smartphone platform have to go through this rigamarole for minor OS updates?
    jeffreytoronto likes this.
    02-27-13 03:01 AM
    Install went smooth, with Rogers had a 6mb update and my google calender synced asap. Was nice. Did not have two way communication before. Seems pretty solid over here.
    02-27-13 03:08 AM
    For the life of me I cannot understand why RIM/Blackberry still insists on completely wiping the device for every minor OS update and restoring every single app and data all from scratch again.

When I updated my Thinkpad Android tablet from Gingerbread to ICS (MUCH more major update) I didn't have to wipe everything off the device and restore it all from scratch, losing things in the process.

I can possibly understand if for security reasons they want a "perfectly clean install" but if Microsoft or Apple tried to do something like this with their desktop OS's they'd be crucified by customers and the press. Does any other smartphone platform have to go through this rigamarole for minor OS updates?
    Calm down. No one is forcing you to update to a *leaked* (i.e. unofficial) OS software. Installing official updates would most likely be a far smoother OTA process that doesn't involve wiping the phone and reinstalling everything. The Playbook updates this way, so I don't see why the Z10 wouldn't.
    02-27-13 03:09 AM
    Wondering what will happen when OTA OS becomes available? Will it wipe the phone? What about sideloaded apps? Still haven't been able to backup my Z10 through Blackberry Link and it really ticking me off...
    02-27-13 03:17 AM
    For the middle east phones I will try it and revert back, I'm downloading it now and once I reach office I will install it and give my feedback.

Posted via CB10
    I checked it just now, it did not load for me, just the initial setup and crashed. the device rebooted and nothing happen. It did not work for STL100-1
    Maik M and d_abes like this.
    02-27-13 03:33 AM
    Calm down. No one is forcing you to update to a *leaked* (i.e. unofficial) OS software. Installing official updates would most likely be a far smoother OTA process that doesn't involve wiping the phone and reinstalling everything. The Playbook updates this way, so I don't see why the Z10 wouldn't.
    If the Playbook updates this way to "official" updates then I have a hard time understanding why you're so confident that it will be any different with BB10.

I just happen to think that this is the kind of thing that turns people off to a product. One of the things that I really love about my Android device is app installs/updates and OS updates are in a different universe compared to my legacy BBOS device which was massively frustrating in that regard.

If we can't be objective about both the advantages and challenges in a platform, we will end up right back where Lazaridis and Balsillie had this platform a couple years ago.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    02-27-13 04:10 AM
    Loaded it, running good.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 04:15 AM
    If the Playbook updates this way to "official" updates then I have a hard time understanding why you're so confident that it will be any different with BB10.

I just happen to think that this is the kind of thing that turns people off to a product. One of the things that I really love about my Android device is app installs/updates and OS updates are in a different universe compared to my legacy BBOS device which was massively frustrating in that regard.

If we can't be objective about both the advantages and challenges in a platform, we will end up right back where Lazaridis and Balsillie had this platform a couple years ago.
    ...The first step is to read what I wrote. I mean actually read it. The next step is to stop posting about Android and veering this thread off topic.
    02-27-13 04:16 AM
    Sorry to be a pest. My question is about the restore after the upgrade.

SMS and BBM conversation I've had are very important to me s when you do the restore from link would these contents be restores just as they were or not? I have a lot of mod time and experience with pre os10 but 0 with my z10 and os 10

Also any noticeable change on the battery life?
    02-27-13 04:18 AM
    SMS and BBM conversation are saved after restore?
    02-27-13 04:20 AM
    Yes, like expected STL100-3 will get all leaked OSes before us in the Middle East (STL-100-1)

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 04:35 AM

When you install the update OTA it does not wipe the device.
    I installed the 10.0.10.32 update from the settings menu and it didn't wipe my device.
    So maybe it is a problem with unofficial updates, since installing OTA updates requires no wiping and restoring. It just installs and everything is there.
    Omnitech and moesamarai like this.
    02-27-13 04:56 AM
    Can someone explain the difference in models? I got the STL-1001 in India.
    02-27-13 05:24 AM
387 12345 ...