I m unable to keep my z10 wifi settings to open.There is an option of None but after switching on the hotspot,it is not switching ON?

@dazlr
    08-01-14 12:16 AM
    Does your carrier support use of the hotspot feature?

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 03:59 PM
    Yes of course

@dazlr
    08-02-14 05:23 AM
    Is this issue belongs to carrier...I have not read anywhere this before...r u kiding?

@dazlr
    08-02-14 05:25 AM
    If hotspot is enabled, it turns off the wifi ans then enables it as a wifi receiver. Your BB will not connect to another wifi as long as the hotspot is enabled. OR, do you mean that the Hotspot disables itself after a certain period of time of inactivity?
    08-02-14 07:25 AM
    I mean mobile hotspot,. I can get it ON on open mode...

@dazlr
    08-02-14 12:23 PM
    As mentioned above, when you use the hotspot, the wifi is shut off AND YOU ARE USING DATA with each device connected to your hotspot.
    08-02-14 12:34 PM
    As mentioned above, when you use the hotspot, the wifi is shut off AND YOU ARE USING DATA with each device connected to your hotspot.
    U r right but I m talking about giving mobile hotspot to my laptop. I need to setup a password for it, I can't get it remain open that I want to do.

@dazlr
    08-02-14 01:17 PM
    U r right but I m talking about giving mobile hotspot to my laptop. I need to setup a password for it, I can't get it remain open that I want to do.

@dazlr
    Not sure if you've done this already, but try this.

1.swipe down from top of screen to access quick settings
    2 chose hotspot - tap on the word, not the icon
    3 choose "configure " at the bottom of that screen.
    4 give your hotspot a name and password in that screen, then save.

Your laptop should detect the hotspot (by name) after a few seconds. Select your hotspot and input the password when prompted ted.

Going forward you can activate the hotspot using step 1 above - except now you tap the icon to toggle the hotspot on and off.

Not sure what you've tried yet, so I hope this helps.
    Last edited by Genghis2k3; 08-02-14 at 02:26 PM.
    08-02-14 01:45 PM
    Not sure if you've done this already, but try this.

1.swipe down from top of screen to access quick settings
    2 chose hotspot - tap on the word, not the icon
    3 choose "configure " at the bottom of that screen.
    4 give your hotspot a name and password in that screen, then save.

Your laptop should detect the hotspot (by name) after a few seconds. Select your hotspot and input the password when prompted ted.

Going forward you can activate the hotspot using step 1 above - except now you tap the icon to toggle the hotspot on and off.

Not sure what you've tried yet, so I hope this helps.
    But I don't want to put password on my hotspot,,i mean to say that. thnk God, we have got on topic now.

@dazlr
    08-02-14 10:08 PM
    It will require the password. I'd recommend the password , otherwise your connection is open for others to use.
    08-02-14 10:16 PM
    U should configure any thing like hot spot name or password before you switch on hotspot. By clicking advanced option. once you switch on, You cant make any changes in password and name. I think so i have said what u need. ? ?

From My Z10
    08-02-14 10:22 PM
    It will require the password. I'd recommend the password , otherwise your connection is open for others to use.
    I want to get it remain open but I can't...

@dazlr
    08-03-14 02:52 AM
    If you save your hotspot to your laptop - or set it up to automatically connect to your hotspot when it's within range, you don't have to input the password each time. But as mentioned above, you should ALWAYS use a password for your hotspot.

Btw, the above should apply to any device you regularly connect to your hotspot. Just input the password once, and there should be an option on the device to always connect to the hotspot when it's within range.
    08-03-14 01:57 PM
    I know about automatically connection but I don't want to put password anymore ....thats the thing I m asking

@dazlr
    08-04-14 03:47 AM
    I know about automatically connection but I don't want to put password anymore ....thats the thing I m asking

@dazlr
    It is a security thing built into the os. To activate hot spot you HAVE to have a password. Unless another member knows an escreen hack there is nothing to do.

Posted via CB10
    Dazlr Boy likes this.
    08-04-14 04:08 AM
    The OP's question (which has curiously shifted) has been answered. I'll treat this as a closed thread.
    Dazlr Boy likes this.
    08-04-14 06:35 AM
    It is a security thing built into the os. To activate hot spot you HAVE to have a password. Unless another member knows an escreen hack there is nothing to do.

Posted via CB10
    That the new thing for me that u told.. I want to know that so why there is an option of NONE in security type?

@dazlr
    08-04-14 12:54 PM