In former BB OS the native email client allowed you to select to 'delete' an email from 'device' or 'from server'.
    Z10 only offers 'delete', which in many cases (depending upon the mydomain server you use), the email is deleted from device AND web server. It seems there is a Gmail option to 'save on server' which is made through PC setup. I was told by BB support, this 'may' only occur on POP mydomain accounts depending upon how web mail is setup on the server side.

I have my mydomain email server on Network Solutions. They suggested to make a new email account used for storage. For active email accounts on the Z10, on the web server options, Forward (and also 'Keep on Server') those email accounts to the new email account:
    Forward my messages to: new email account
    Check:
    [x] Keep a copy of each forwarded message
    [x] Enable forwarder

When you delete email from Z10, the message will only be 'deleted' from that account web server. The 'safety copy' on the new account is still available.

If you want, include the new email account on the Z10.
    On HUB 'management options': email accounts, turn 'OFF' the new account in 'included in the main view of the Hub'
    Last edited by mandony; 03-31-13 at 12:03 PM.
    03-31-13 11:37 AM
    As you mentioned, there are options to change the behavior of the delete button on Gmail (IMAP). Not sure about other email providers

Ooops, I accidently deleted an email from my Z10-screen-shot-2013-03-31-12.36.47.jpg
    03-31-13 12:01 PM
    Deleted emails on my activesync account Di not actually get deleted on server just moved to Deleted items folder. So if I accidentally delete I can still get them back.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 12:11 PM
    As you mentioned, there are options to change the behavior of the delete button on Gmail (IMAP). Not sure about other email providers

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-03-31 at 12.36.47.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	145735
    Does anyone know why I can't change that setting. It's greyed out and won't allow the change on computer

Posted from the best phone ever my Z10
    03-31-13 12:40 PM
    Does anyone know why I can't change that setting. It's greyed out and won't allow the change on computer
    I'm pretty sure you have to have "Auto-Expunge" (the option right above it) set to on. If you already have it on, then I have no idea
    03-31-13 12:42 PM
    I'm pretty sure you have to have "Auto-Expunge" (the option right above it) set to on. If you already have it on, then I have no idea
    Ya. It's strange alright. Cause it is on. Hmmmm

03-31-13 12:46 PM
    Oh. I just figured it out. After u said that. I tried turning the auto expunge OFF. And that allowed me to change the delete behavior. Prob is. I think I would want the expunge on. So my phone syncs on its own. Without doing it manually. Or am I reading what expunge really is wrong?

03-31-13 12:49 PM