Do I have to "lie" to get my device unlocked and go to a different carrier to download the latest software on my Z10... especially when the other carrier was awesome enough to just hand me a deactivated SIM and a comfy chair to complete me upgrade...

T-Mobile if I hadn't just locked my life into the damn contract with the orange and blue bastards... I'd migrate over in a minute... but alas I will just have to say thanks for being accommodating.

So damn stupid that I have to do this or use a LEAK...

Long live BBRY!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-08-13 12:41 PM
    AT&T and Verizon are bad companies in my opinion. Tmobile has always been good to me as a customer, with the exception of the merger with AT&T period. I'm so happy that fell through.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-08-13 12:45 PM
    OK, has anyone ever figured out what the truth is? Is it the carriers or BBRY "making" you lie?
    07-08-13 12:45 PM
    Do I have to "lie" to get my device unlocked and go to a different carrier to download the latest software on my Z10...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    So I could call Verizon, get my phone unlocked, go to T-Mobile, and get a free SIM to be on their network and u grade to 10.1, the out my VZW SIM back in and be on my same network with 10.1???

posted by me
    07-08-13 12:52 PM
    Yep should work, it's what we had to do here in Saskatchewan when our carrier wouldn't push the first 10.0 update. Luckily they got their phones from another carrier so they were unlocked to that carrier and their sim would allow us to update.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 01:30 PM
    Not sure you can do: Verizon, though it does have a GSM "side" is primarily a CDMA phone. Better be sure.
    07-08-13 01:49 PM
    OK, has anyone ever figured out what the truth is? Is it the carriers or BBRY "making" you lie?
    BlackBerry sends the OS for carrier testing. Carrier funds bugs and sends it back to BlackBerry to be fixed.

Yep, it's the carriers fault.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    07-08-13 01:54 PM
    Frustrating but finished... finally some of the basic goodies of 10.1 like Skype are in the palm of my hand (which I know isn't that huge overall... but with a spouse in another State for me it is EPIC)!
    07-08-13 01:57 PM
    AT&T and Verizon are bad companies in my opinion. Tmobile has always been good to me as a customer, with the exception of the merger with AT&T period. I'm so happy that fell through.
    Tmobile has always been good to you as a customer because they had to make up for their nonexistent indoor coverage. If they had network coverage indoors they'd treat you (and me) like dirt a la Verizon and AT&T. I'll take the abuse from AT&T any day over crappy Tmobile due to the sole fact that I can get coverage indoor. And folks please don't defend Tmobile by saying they have wifi calling in place of indoor coverage. If I wanted to use voip calling I'd use Skype or Google calling indoors. I pay for cell phone fees so that I can get cell phone coverage at home.

Posted with my amazing Z10
    07-08-13 03:22 PM
    So I could call Verizon, get my phone unlocked, go to T-Mobile, and get a free SIM to be on their network and u grade to 10.1, the out my VZW SIM back in and be on my same network with 10.1???

posted by me
    All the Verizon Z10s are GSM unlocked! So just pop in a T-Mo sim and you're good to go

Posted via CB10
    jason18 likes this.
    07-08-13 03:45 PM
    Tmobile has always been good to you as a customer because they had to make up for their nonexistent indoor coverage. If they had network coverage indoors they'd treat you (and me) like dirt a la Verizon and AT&T. I'll take the abuse from AT&T any day over crappy Tmobile due to the sole fact that I can get coverage indoor. And folks please don't defend Tmobile by saying they have wifi calling in place of indoor coverage. If I wanted to use voip calling I'd use Skype or Google calling indoors. I pay for cell phone fees so that I can get cell phone coverage at home.

I get decent coverage indoors. When I don't I have wifi calling. Oh, I did it.
    Moonbase0ne likes this.
    07-08-13 03:50 PM

Posting this from a restaurant with full 4G lte on the tmobile network.

Posted via CB10
    grover5 and Moonbase0ne like this.
    07-08-13 03:55 PM

Skype and Google Calling are not the same as wifi-calling. I get great indoor coverage from t-mo 90% of the time. At home I don't get coverage from any provider... oh, yeah, except I can use wifi-calling -- which is free. And, I can use it when I'm out of the country... and it's still free. You're stuck on at&t? No wonder you're angry.
    grover5 and bradu1 like this.
    07-08-13 03:58 PM
    Skype and Google Calling are not the same as wifi-calling. I get great indoor coverage from t-mo 90% of the time. At home I don't get coverage from any provider... oh, yeah, except I can use wifi-calling -- which is free. And, I can use it when I'm out of the country... and it's still free. You're stuck on at&t? No wonder you're angry.
    I'm on Red Pocket (at&t mvno) and pay only $55/mth for unlimited everything and 1gb of data + great indoor coverage = very happy! I was angry when I used to be on Crap-mobile :-) If they're so great, why aren't they the #1 cell provider in the US? Hmm...i guess that's why they almost got bought out by AT&T last year....because they're so strong and financially stable all by themselves.
    donb2 likes this.
    07-08-13 04:39 PM
    Why don't you just install a leak on your Verizon phone? You don't have to leave the house and you will have the latest software. The new leaks are a higher revision then Verizon is proposing and Verizon's is higher then T-Mobiles.
    07-08-13 04:53 PM
    I was with T-Mobile for 9 years and got fed up with the subpar network. Can you believe that they are still on GPRS in my town as of today? That is 1G, means a third as fast as EDGE? Every other carrier here is on 4G. It is so slow, it is useless! So no option for me.
    jrdba likes this.
    07-08-13 05:20 PM

posted by me
    Act your Verizon Z10 is already unlocked

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 05:29 PM

On T-Mobile, I get 4GLTE coverage in my house and at work when I turn off Wi-Fi. I've only had anything slower (4G) once inside of a department store.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 05:38 PM
    I guess it depends where you live. I get much faster HSPA+ from TMobile in South Jersey then Verizon's or ATT's LTE. And I mean, much, like 3 times faster.
    07-08-13 05:55 PM
    I'm on Red Pocket (at&t mvno) and pay only $55/mth for unlimited everything and 1gb of data + great indoor coverage = very happy! I was angry when I used to be on Crap-mobile :-) If they're so great, why aren't they the #1 cell provider in the US? Hmm...i guess that's why they almost got bought out by AT&T last year....because they're so strong and financially stable all by themselves.
    Hmmm. make notes: T-Mobile is part of T-Mobile International AG which is the third largest cell phone carrier in the world. So, T-Mo usa has no trouble standing on its own, it was simply a business decision. AT&T, on the other hand, has been bought and sold several times by bigger companies, and in fact when Cingular bought AT&T in 2004 they "retired" the AT&T name. It was brought back from the dead in 2005 by Bellsouth when it merged with what was left of AT&T (owned by Cingular).

History of AT&T - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 2012 at&t was "again voted" the worst in customer satisfaction by Consumer Report among US carriers. My wife and I are on T-Mobile, my son on at&t and we ALL agree at&t sucks. As soon as his contract is done he's moving to T-Mobile.
    07-08-13 08:50 PM
    Actually we didn't get bought out. I stead we took some of their spectrum, let our AT&T customers use their unlocked phones with 3G on our network and bought MetrosPCS and have already implemented their LTE network so our phones use their towers for better LTE

I'm a Gay Dev. Deal with it.
    07-08-13 08:51 PM
    Not sure you can do: Verizon, though it does have a GSM "side" is primarily a CDMA phone. Better be sure.
    Different STL number. Not compatible with the OTA shipped out I would imagine

07-08-13 08:53 PM
    How does unlimited everything equal 1GB of data?

07-08-13 08:56 PM
    Hmmm. make notes: T-Mobile is part of T-Mobile International AG which is the third largest cell phone carrier in the world. So, T-Mo usa has no trouble standing on its own, it was simply a business decision. AT&T, on the other hand, has been bought and sold several times by bigger companies, and in fact when Cingular bought AT&T in 2004 they "retired" the AT&T name. It was brought back from the dead in 2005 by Bellsouth when it merged with what was left of AT&T (owned by Cingular).

History of AT&T - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 2012 at&t was "again voted" the worst in customer satisfaction by Consumer Report among US carriers. My wife and I are on T-Mobile, my son on at&t and we ALL agree at&t sucks. As soon as his contract is done he's moving to T-Mobile.
    Hmm make notes:- Tmobile utilizes the 1900mhz frequency for its cellular network. Whereas AT&T used 850mhz (and 1900mhz) bands for coverage. Higher frequency bands have a harder time penetrating buildings hence the horrid coverage by tmobile. This is why all big networks in the US went nuts trying to buy the 700mhz spectrum from the FCC a few years ago. Prior to the sales 700mhz was utilized to broadcast tv signals in the States as it was very effective in getting tv signals to indoor rooms and basements. Hmm...physics...it's a massive ***** to argue with :-) Tmobile customer service is soooo nice to me on the phone, but only when I can get a signal indoors :-(

Ha! Yes everybody knows that no successful business decides to sell themselves to a larger competitor and forgo profits. They were hemorrhaging customers like crazy, that was the real reason for their "business decision" ;-)

Last edited by jrdba; 07-08-13 at 10:12 PM.
    07-08-13 09:07 PM
    Why don't you just install a leak on your Verizon phone? You don't have to leave the house and you will have the latest software. The new leaks are a higher revision then Verizon is proposing and Verizon's is higher then T-Mobiles.
    Because I don't want to reload all my apps, and reorganize them, and redo all my passwords and such. Link is a piece of crap and won't back my Z10 up so in either going official vzw or t-mo

posted by me
    07-09-13 02:54 AM