This may sound odd and I haven't heard a lot people say this, but I really really miss being able to load and change my font. I always loved having script fonts on my legacy BB's because I always though it added to the class of being a BlackBerry user. Maybe in the future it would be great to see that again. BB10 feels a little plain without font control. Am I odd for this?

Posted via CB10
    Nharzhool, DocDRM, chm985 and 1 others like this.
    09-12-13 07:36 PM
    This may sound odd and I haven't heard a lot people say this, but I really really miss being able to load and change my font. I always loved having script fonts on my legacy BB's because I always though it added to the class of being a BlackBerry user. Maybe in the future it would be great to see that again. BB10 feels a little plain without font control. Am I odd for this?

Posted via CB10
    No, you're not odd for that. I agree...while on the topic of things I wish I had from BBOS was being able to change the current song by holding the different volume buttons...I have the Philips SHS8100 earphones with the same 3-key volume rocker that I used to use to change tracks on my 9790 but I can't on my Zed so in the Gym, I need to unlock my phone and tap next...which is awkward because it is in a running holster on my upper arm.
    09-12-13 07:42 PM
    The volume buttons on the phone itself work good even when locked but I've used my same Sony pair and the buttons on the headset swith my songs. I'm not sure which model the earphones are though, but I can see where you're coming from.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 07:45 PM
    BB10 is awesome, but the list of "I miss xxxxxxxxx from BBOS" can get get pretty long, pretty quickly!

Posted via CB10
    olllllo1978 likes this.
    09-12-13 09:02 PM
    No, you're not odd for that. I agree...while on the topic of things I wish I had from BBOS was being able to change the current song by holding the different volume buttons...I have the Philips SHS8100 earphones with the same 3-key volume rocker that I used to use to change tracks on my 9790 but I can't on my Zed so in the Gym, I need to unlock my phone and tap next...which is awkward because it is in a running holster on my upper arm.
    ? Not sure but I believe you can still do it on BB10, had to select that option or something.... will check when I can

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 09:18 PM
    Oh wait, are you talking about the volume keys on the BlackBerry or the headphones?

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 09:19 PM
    I want that option as well. Miss it. But as far as the volume keys to change tunes just turn it on in Settings > Main volume, option is there.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 09:20 PM
    Am I weird because I really want the green flashing network indicator back? Just that one thing!! It's all I want...

Posted via CB10
    DocDRM, pvphooman and ingris like this.
    09-12-13 10:23 PM
    I miss the live icons for apps...
    E.g. I had a weather app that showed temperature and other info on the icon rather than having to open the app just to check these...

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 12:31 AM
    I used to always use fonts!

Posted via CB10 Z10 STL 100-01, OS 10.1 MR, Etisalat, UAE
    09-13-13 12:44 AM
    I miss themes so much!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 01:04 AM
    No need to worry. You don't need to unlock your phone. The option for this is just off by default. You can turn it on in settings - volume settings.
    For me, it works for both the on-device buttons and the ones on the headphones.
    09-13-13 01:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    Same here!! I've been ranting about this for sometime now lol

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 07:03 AM
    Well, I sure hope somebody pays attention to our "rants" and surprises us one day in an update!

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 10:50 AM
    haha okay I'm not going to quote everybody that corrected me but thanks, I found the settings to change the track. Works perfectly with my headphones as well

Apparently I'm a bit of a '****. :-P
    09-13-13 01:27 PM
    I miss that i can fast call to my favorits just pressing one key on my previous BB's
    DocDRM and olllllo1978 like this.
    09-13-13 02:08 PM
    I miss the live icons for apps...
    E.g. I had a weather app that showed temperature and other info on the icon rather than having to open the app just to check these...

Posted via CB10
    Native apps have this, just look at the Calendar icon.. creepy eh?

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 02:39 PM
    Native apps have this, just look at the Calendar icon.. creepy eh?

Posted via CB10
    haha never even noticed that...though I hardly ever even use the Calendar.

I think the weather one can't do that because of a lack of Headless App support because it needs to communicate with the accuweather servers. Maybe that might come soon...
    09-13-13 05:52 PM
    Am I weird because I really want the green flashing network indicator back? Just that one thing!! It's all I want...

Posted via CB10
    Yes me too I want the green flashing light thats why blackberry its different with any smartphone, bring back the flashing green light please...

Posted via Z10 with Axis Indonesia
    Nharzhool and Bdot-1 like this.
    09-13-13 06:29 PM