Yeah... I use that tip all the time, but when you jump to say BBM from an email attachment then when you go back to email it starts from beginning... what I want is for it to stay at my open email page that I was on before...

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 04:54 PM
    I find that with this method, it is absolutely preposterous that I have to actually open whatsapp to speak with someone I'm currently in a chat with, or go to text messages to reply to a text, or go to email to compose or reply to an email. This ios and android method is extremely inefficient in my opinion. It's for lightweights.

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried Android lately. You can do a lot of what you just mentioned right from the notification screen.
    04-07-13 07:44 PM
    I agree I have seen a few of people's private messages unintentionally and i would hate that

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 08:11 PM
    Have you tried Android lately. You can do a lot of what you just mentioned right from the notification screen.
    I have. Those notifications are not permanent. If they ever disappear, which they do, there's no way for me to know what I missed really. It's more of a short term notification solution.
    But regardless, if I have responded to a message, it is no longer there, and I'd have to go to the app to message again. Or I would need to wait for their reply so it shows up in the notification bar again. You can't compose anything from there as well. It's just not the solution for me. I really liked the implementation of unified inbox on legacy BlackBerry's, and the hub takes it to a whole new level imo.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 09:27 PM
    I have. Those notifications are not permanent. If they ever disappear, which they do, there's no way for me to know what I missed really. It's more of a short term notification solution.
    But regardless, if I have responded to a message, it is no longer there, and I'd have to go to the app to message again. Or I would need to wait for their reply so it shows up in the notification bar again. You can't compose anything from there as well. It's just not the solution for me. I really liked the implementation of unified inbox on legacy BlackBerry's, and the hub takes it to a whole new level imo.

Posted via CB10
    As opposed to scrolling through the hub for a message that will probably be buried by newer ones. Not seeing how this is any better.
    04-07-13 09:29 PM
    As opposed to scrolling through the hub for a message that will probably be buried by newer ones. Not seeing how this is any better.
    I have no problems finding messages in the hub. You can filter by account, and choose accounts you don't want to show up in the main view. A lot of people choose your argument for the sake of conflicting, but truth is there is no argument for it. The hub simply works. Do you have a z10?

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 09:42 PM
    I have no problems finding messages in the hub. You can filter by account, and choose accounts you don't want to show up in the main view. A lot of people choose your argument for the sake of conflicting, but truth is there is no argument for it. The hub simply works. Do you have a z10?

Posted via CB10
    I currently carry an iPhone 5, Galaxy S3, and a Z10. I find the Android notification system to be the best by far. I don't find the hub anything special. Sorry, my opinion I guess.
    04-07-13 09:51 PM
    I currently carry an iPhone 5, Galaxy S3, and a Z10. I find the Android notification system to be the best by far. I don't find the hub anything special. Sorry, my opinion I guess.
    Indeed. I value unified inboxes, as well as security. For example, you can't set permissions for apps on Android. It's an all or nothing approach when downloading from the Play Store.
    My point is that different people value different things. We may choose accordingly . There are reasons to go BlackBerry, reasons to go Apple, and reasons to go Android. IMO though, a great communication and security experience is definitely a reason to go BlackBerry. I dislike notifications on Android and iOS. Though they do have other advantages, as does bb10 have some too.
    I guess my second point is that I'm not trying to make conflict between phones of choice.

I've got to ask though as many people claim to have X and Y phone. Why do you have iphone 5, s3, and z10? This is surely not common amongst regular folk and consumers. Not doubting you, just wondering for what purpose? And how does one come across three high end devices like it's nothing lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 10:30 PM
    I miss my WebOS notifications I will admit.
    04-07-13 10:31 PM
    I wouldn't see the point, all I would see is that if BlackBerry implemented that message notification feature. Apple would go ' we did that "First"' then join the insane amount of ridiculous law suits they are creating in this patent war haha

Posted via Telstra Z10 on CB10
    04-07-13 10:32 PM
    I wouldn't see the point, all I would see is that if BlackBerry implemented that message notification feature. Apple would go ' we did that "First"' then join the insane amount of ridiculous law suits they are creating in this patent war haha

Care to share any examples of that theory you may have? What lawsuits specifically are you speaking of?
    04-07-13 11:16 PM
    Indeed. I value unified inboxes, as well as security. For example, you can't set permissions for apps on Android. It's an all or nothing approach when downloading from the Play Store.
    My point is that different people value different things. We may choose accordingly . There are reasons to go BlackBerry, reasons to go Apple, and reasons to go Android. IMO though, a great communication and security experience is definitely a reason to go BlackBerry. I dislike notifications on Android and iOS. Though they do have other advantages, as does bb10 have some too.
    I guess my second point is that I'm not trying to make conflict between phones of choice.

I've got to ask though as many people claim to have X and Y phone. Why do you have iphone 5, s3, and z10? This is surely not common amongst regular folk and consumers. Not doubting you, just wondering for what purpose? And how does one come across three high end devices like it's nothing lol.

Posted via CB10
    I carry these devices because my job involves mobile strategy for my company.
    04-07-13 11:17 PM
    Care to share any examples of that theory you may have? What lawsuits specifically are you speaking of?
    Well all the "Samsung looks similar to Iphone" lawsuits, apples lawsuit against Samsung claiming they created " drop Down" notifications. And atm they are trying to take HTC, Motorola and Samsung to court claiming they thought of " slide to Unlocking" first.

Do you not read the news?

04-08-13 12:23 AM
    Well all the "Samsung looks similar to Iphone" lawsuits, apples lawsuit against Samsung claiming they created " drop Down" notifications. And atm they are trying to take HTC, Motorola and Samsung to court claiming they thought of " slide to Unlocking" first.

Do you not read the news?

Apple is not suing Samsung over notifications. Google it, plenty of info out there.

And, um, Apple does have a patent on slide to unlock (except in Germany).
    04-08-13 12:26 AM
    Apple is not suing Samsung over notifications. Google it, plenty of info out there.

And, um, Apple does have a patent on slide to unlock (except in Germany).
    Alright settle down.. you're really looking for conflict as far as I can tell. Debating just for the purpose of debating. It is well known that Apple has had many lawsuits over the past year.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 12:49 AM
    Alright settle down.. you're really looking for conflict as far as I can tell. Debating just for the purpose of debating. It is well known that Apple has had many lawsuits over the past year.

Posted via CB10
    Not looking for conflict, but you made a comment that is often repeated around here that Apple will steal something from a competitor, claim its theirs, and sue. I just pointed out there is no factual basis for your assertion.
    04-08-13 07:47 AM
    I carry these devices because my job involves mobile strategy for my company.
    I hate you (out of jealousy).

That would be perfect... paid to use multiple platforms.
    04-08-13 09:03 AM
    I have no problems finding messages in the hub.

Posted via CB10
    No one has Problems finding them in the notification center either . Are we morons? We would have to be to not see notifications in android. They pop up if we want. They don't if we don't want.
    Options....

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 10:28 AM
    Not looking for conflict, but you made a comment that is often repeated around here that Apple will steal something from a competitor, claim its theirs, and sue. I just pointed out there is no factual basis for your assertion.
    They tried to patent a rectangle. Morons. Amazing How old television sets are the same rectangular shape and no lawsuits...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by cracker007; 04-08-13 at 11:43 AM.
    04-08-13 10:31 AM
    At this point I can swear you're looking for conflict as I never wrote any such thing. If I did, I'd like you to quote it.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 11:24 AM
    No one has Problems finding them in the notification center either . Are we morons? We would have to be to not see notifications in android. They pop up if we want. They don't if we don't want.
    Options....

Posted via CB10
    Never said you had problems looking for them in notification center. I was emphasizing the common misconception that people actually don't get "Lost" in the hub. Nice misinterpretation and no, I never called you morons, but I may now have to take your requested notion into consideration .

It's when notifications are no longer shown in the notification center that you start having trouble finding them. And again, replying to anything or composing anything that's isn't in this center requires one to go to each individual app.

So far all I see above me are two users of other platforms just stirring the fud around and misquoting and misinterpreting me, even calling themselves morons! Nice.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 11:27 AM
    Never said you had problems looking for them in notification center. I was emphasizing the common misconception that people actually don't get "Lost" in the hub. Nice misinterpretation and no, I never called you morons, but I may now have to take your requested notion into consideration .

It's when notifications are no longer shown in the notification center that you start having trouble finding them. And again, replying to anything or composing anything that's isn't in this center requires one to go to each individual app.

So far all I see above me are two users of other platforms just stirring the fud around and misquoting and misinterpreting me, even calling themselves morons! Nice.

Posted via CB10
    I've read your posts here. You think I hold a candle to you? And they are shown until you delete them in notifications. Just like BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 11:45 AM
    I've read your posts here. You think I hold a candle to you? And they are shown until you delete them in notifications. Just like BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    You mean they are shown until you open them, and then they disappear. And again what if I want to compose or reply in 5 minutes after I've read a message? Or want to send a subsequent message minutes later? Surely I can't go to notifications to view it, let alone compose anything. See that's why it's called notification center. All it does is notify. Once you're notified, that's it. Don't try to compare it with something that clearly has more functionality. I mean, facts are facts, where is the argument?

And I'll ignore your candle thingy, simply because again, no idea what you're talking about. You're practically conflicting with yourself. Nice.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 01:34 PM
    You mean they are shown until you open them, and then they disappear. And again what if I want to compose or reply in 5 minutes after I've read a message? Or want to send a subsequent message minutes later? Surely I can't go to notifications to view it, let alone compose anything. See that's why it's called notification center. All it does is notify. Once you're notified, that's it. Don't try to compare it with something that clearly has more functionality. I mean, facts are facts, where is the argument?

And I'll ignore your candle thingy, simply because again, no idea what you're talking about. You're practically conflicting with yourself. Nice.

Posted via CB10
    Well... on Samsung they are all in the message hub...ya hub...Sammy has been doing this since gingerbread. same way BlackBerry is copying now.
    So not sure what your kvetching about.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 04:29 PM
    Well... on Samsung they are all in the message hub...ya hub...Sammy has been doing this since gingerbread. same way BlackBerry is copying now.
    So not sure what your kvetching about.

Posted via CB10
    Took you a couple posts to come up with that one. While I'm not familiar with the Samsung message hub, I did a search for it and FYI it's called Samsung social hub. Anyway, it seems like a variation of the BlackBerry Hub, but I don't see anywhere that it notifies you of of tweet mentions etc. There is not much info on the Samsung social hub through a Google search so honestly I can't get a clear picture of what exactly it is. One thing that was made explicit though was the fact that it only works with account that are pre configured, meaning not everything shows up in the social hub. Individual apps and notifications do not show up unless it's Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, linked in, text or emails. Even at that, there was no explicit mention of notifications for these social accounts, just that you can view their social feeds from within the app. basically it's limited.

As a further FYI, BlackBerry has had a true unified inbox for all notifications including social feeds since before Samsung even started making Android phones. The BlackBerry Hub only builds up on and improves the experience of their legacy devices, meaning they did not copy Samsung. If anything, the other way around, while enforcing constraints.

You're really for conflict though. I feel like we're having a "My deck' is bigger than yours" conversation, which I'm completely not interested in. At the end of the day it just seems like BlackBerry does it better in this case.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 06:22 PM
128 ... 3456