For lunch, I told my co-workers that I needed to stop by Best Buy. I wanted to check out some DVD/Blu Ray deals and also secretly go touch the Precious again. I'm still waiting patiently to cancel my Sprint contract and I wanted to check out some of the issues I'd been reading about on here to quite frankly reassure myself that I still wanted this phone. Anyway...

So I walked up to the display and pointed and said, "There's my new phone." My coworker responded with something along the lines of why are you touching that crap.

Instead of anger or indignation, I responded by picking up the phone and saying, "Watch this." Swiped up to turn on the screen and remarked about no button.

My co worker's one word answer, "Wow!"

I then showed him Peek and how to do a couple of things. He proceeded to go through the phone in amazement at how fast and fluid it was.

I may not have made a purchasing convert, but I certainly showed him that his initial impression of the Z10 was way off base.

It makes me happy that a short swipe can change a person's view that quickly, but sad that the inherent bias is there in the first place.

And yes, I was reassured. I still want this phone.
    04-13-13 08:11 PM
    BB has such a bad rep, it's really annoying. Even when I first got the PlayBook, I could see some of my friends seem intrigued but refused to show interest as if liking BB is such a crime.

Good story! Keep impressing your friends. =)
    EarthyBerry likes this.
    04-13-13 08:16 PM
    Really, "Why are you touching that crap?"

You weren't touching a 1999 Nokia.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    04-13-13 08:27 PM
    Really, "Why are you touching that crap?"

You weren't touching a 1999 Nokia.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    I have a 1999 nokia!

Posted via CB10
    ErinnM likes this.