Hey folks,

Searched the forums but can't find an answer.

I want to know if I can set up one email address on 2 separate Blackberries. I would like to set up a family email and the emails be sent to my phone and my wife's phone.

Does anyone know if this is possible.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 10:34 PM
    Simple answer. Yes!

Pasted with my BlackBerry!
    05-28-13 10:38 PM
    Not sure I guess it depends on your email. I did it with my Gmail acct. The wife and I both get the same email. All I did was set it up on each device. Hope that helps.

Power by BlackBerry Z10. Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 10:41 PM
    Yes you can!
    05-28-13 10:42 PM
    Yes, as long as it's an IMAP or ActiveSync account. No go with a POP account though.
    05-29-13 06:47 AM
    Yes, as long as it's an IMAP or ActiveSync account. No go with a POP account though.
    dumb question, I'm sure.... but.... why not for a pop.

When I get pop on my phone, it's still on the server, as when I get home, my oulook client DLs the same e-mail. The two (oulook, Z10) appear to have no knowledge of each other. Now, as long as I do not delete the e-mail, should be there for another client, correct, or no?

Now, if one device is on BIS (like a 9900), I have no clue, and that may all blow up. But 2 Zs? why would that not work? I am asking cause I don't know, not because I'm trying to be a smart-a$$....
    05-29-13 07:00 AM
    It doesn't matter. U can setup on as many devices as u want and u will get the same email. As long as one device didn't delete the email, it should be there for the others.
    05-29-13 07:20 AM
    Perhaps I'm wrong about POP, then. I don't personally use any POP accounts.

I'm going by a friend's POP issues with a Sympatico account via a Z10, iPad and desktop. We checked his POP settings were set to leave the messages on server. He was able to retrieve on the desktop and either the Z10 or iPad -- whichever viewed the message first. The message would be unavailable to the second device trying to access the message.
    05-29-13 10:11 AM