I just found I couldn't edit 1 contact. It was last touched by Card2You when it promoted me to save some changes to my contact list.

Now I just couldn't edit the contact anymore. I tried to edit the name and unlink but nothing happens.

Any idea?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 08:30 AM
    Also, once I attempted to edit that contact, I found I could no longer make any change to any other contact until a reboot. It looks like Contacts app backend has crashed once I edit that contact.

I am Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1803.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 09:19 AM
    I found out the issue. It's because I were travelling in China and fb was blocked there. It looks like there is an issue with editing a fb linked contact in China.

Some error handling should be improved.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 04:06 AM
    Thanks for sharing.
    12-29-13 08:48 AM
    I wonder whether it would make a difference depending on the linking order
    Let's say you add twitter first, then it would be linked to twitter first, then to fb
    Wonder if that would make a difference. I guess it's so minor that it doesn't affect a lot of people, and that's why it's still there.
    I also wonder whether it's already been fixed in the later OSes. Contacts app really needs some work anyways.
    12-29-13 08:55 AM
    I wonder whether it would make a difference depending on the linking order
    Let's say you add twitter first, then it would be linked to twitter first, then to fb
    Wonder if that would make a difference. I guess it's so minor that it doesn't affect a lot of people, and that's why it's still there.
    I also wonder whether it's already been fixed in the later OSes. Contacts app really needs some work anyways.
    Yes, indeed. Most users consider Contacts app as misson critical and it's so annoying that such a basic feature isn't as robust it should be.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 09:08 AM
    My friends and I have already submitted numerous bug reports for the contacts app
    Whether BB will fix it? I have no idea
    I have also contacted a BB employee about this problem directly, and he has also submitted a bug report
    I guess we'll have to wait and see whether they do anything about it, lol
    asiayeah likes this.
    12-29-13 09:43 AM