5,000 developers say HTML5 is real, it’s now, and yeah, it’s also the future | VentureBeat

Below is an interesting article from Venture Beat that might make conversations about lack of apps a thing of the past.

The chart references BBRY in a negative light, but that�s for the pre BB10 operating system. What�s interesting is how difficult it is to develop for iOS because of Apple�s rules... thus the �One + HTML5� strategy with HTML5 for everyone else (BBRY, Windows, Chrome, Firefox, etc...)

The one question I still don�t know how developers will solve is the payment situation. How do you get people to pay for your work.
    RECOOL likes this.
    02-26-13 08:33 AM
    There is still a place for apps but only as tools on an OS ,flashlights,messaging,editors,remotes,dlna those have to be created as native apps.But social media where you uploading pics,videos,web games and the like these should be html5 webapps.

Webapps are the way forward not on all app fronts but it needs to happen.I dont see how BB10 could be so low BB10 has best browser around ,sencha ,and enyo rated.Maybe cause we not paying devs MS style and their basing this on experience of legacy OS.

But keep pushing for webapps on phones it will even out the market the app store talk will be buried.
    02-26-13 09:01 AM
    Webapps are the way forward not on all app fronts but it needs to happen.I dont see how BB10 could be so low BB10 has best browser around ,sencha ,and enyo rated.Maybe cause we not paying devs MS style and their basing this on experience of legacy OS.
    I think the low rating for BBRY is related to the legacy operating system not reflective of BB10. It's probably closer to the Android OS 50/50 split in terms of ease/difficulty.

I think BBRY really needs to flog what they now are, rather than what they were. HTML5 is also another great catalyst to get users to upgrade when future apps are released, BB07 (& older) will easily miss out.
    02-26-13 09:06 AM
    Article was not bad and I got the feeling that many devs have no idea that it's super easy to develop on bb10 and it's number1 in HTML5.
    02-26-13 09:39 AM