Google Chrome I really miss that App, love the BlackBerry browser but love that too

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    03-28-13 10:08 PM
    Google Chrome I really miss that App, love the BlackBerry browser but love that too

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    You'll get over it soon enough I've learned to cope without a couple apps. Bb10 experience makes it up for me.

Posted via CB10 with my Zed 10
    03-28-13 10:10 PM
    I do really like chrome, and i do really like the stock browser...one thing that annoys me, though, is that after 8 apps are open and it automatically closes the browser i lose all of my open tabs...bleh
    03-28-13 10:19 PM
    You guys do realize that iOS doesn't allow thirdy party browsers to use their own framework, right? Google Chrome on iOS is the same as Safari, with a different skin. The only browsers that actually do anything differently on iOS are ones that use servers to compress data.
    03-28-13 10:24 PM
    You guys do realize that iOS doesn't allow thirdy party browsers to use their own framework, right? Google Chrome on iOS is the same as Safari, with a different skin. The only browsers that actually do anything differently on iOS are ones that use servers to compress data.
    Yea but the browser isn't just about the engine and html5 scores. While I haven't used chrome on ios, I'm sure it has more features than the bb10 browser, probably things like bookmark syncing, Google account integration, possibly even extensions like ad blockers etc.
    03-28-13 11:06 PM
    My personal hope is that Opera brings their browser to BB10.

That said, the BB10 browser works well. One feature I really like is the "reader" feature. I use add-ons in my desktop browsers to accomplish something similiar.

The other thing that really really needs to become available for mobile browsers are ad-blockers. Oftentimes the mobile sites aren't too bad with ads but the desktop sites can really be slow battery hogs loading all the ad junk.

Will be interesting to see if this happens on BB10. Google won't allow any ad blockers on Google Play, since the entire Android business-model revolves around Google advertising.
    03-30-13 02:25 PM
    AVForums

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 02:36 PM