My device is a "lead brick". Link doesn't recognize it. Can't reload software. Autoloader doesn't recognize it. It shows NO signs of life. Same thing happened to my first brick. I tried every combination of trying to start the device with / without battery, plugged into PC / wall, unplugged, SIM / no SIM, probably about 20 times for two days.
    Sort of depends on the order of events... if you get a new phone and use the SAME charger and the SAME sim and hte SAME sd card, it's too late to see if one of these is causing the problem. I'd start with the charger (try a different one etc.). And do not pull the battery if the phone is ON.
    08-30-13 10:46 AM
    I took it into a store today and my battery booted up one of their boxed ones - i fear it was my last hope.

I just dont know what to do!!

Good luck with yours!!!
    If the reload of the OS doesn't work with the battery pulled, I would return it to your carrier for replacement under warranty.

Posted via CB10 1.4.2 on Z10 10.1.0.4181 on the Rogers Network
    08-30-13 11:07 AM
    Had the same issue and took my phone to Bell for warranty on August 12th (they also supplied a loaner phone for 20 bucks) I am still waiting for an update from Bell/Blackberry...going on 3 weeks now with no information other than to let me know it was received at the repair center on August 14th.
    09-05-13 05:47 PM
    An answer? That would be awesome! I'm a week away from my historical anniversary when to expect my phone to brick again.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 01:51 PM
    My phone just died this morning, it turned off and won't turn back on. No led, no bootup, not recognized by the pc and link. Tried multiple suggestions from different people but no luck. Took to rogers and its going to be sent out, but have to wait 2-3 weeks to get fixed.
    09-07-13 06:29 PM
    All. Really good thread going here. I have learned some good ideas. Hope my concern with my Z10 does not deviate the conversion. I have gone through 6 Z10's because of a broken ear speaker. I treat my Z10 with kid gloves. Just don't know why the same thing keeps happening. I keep the volume no more than have way. Should I try to do a factory reset? Anyone????

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 07:01 PM
    Today I woke up to my Z10 with a Black Screen blinking red LED and it wont boot up. I have tried charging on the USB and using my old BB charger and I have also tried to force the boot up by holding down the power button and the volume key (and the small one in between the volume keys) but still nothing.

Can anyone please help me! I am absolutely lost without it and the prospect of it being sent off for 10-14 working days doesn't appeal! When I plug it to the laptop its also not recognised/found by the laptop.

I have got a Blackberry Protect account which offers to wipe the device would that do any good? All images etc have been backed up to box.com so it will only be some videos, apps etc that will be lost

At wits end!!

Any suggestions?

PLEASE!!!!

Thanks

Jeff
    Don't hold power/volume keys down at the same time. Ever...hard reboot is vol up/vol down at the same time. Don't ever pull battery out before shutting down phone first, (hard on the os). Only pull battery if phone completely freezes and tapping top button on and off, and pushing both vol buttons won't work. Good luck with the new one...10.2 0.1443 on Verizon, debug token+unlocked runtime...

Trusted Member
    09-08-13 04:24 AM
    Same thing happened to me a while back on a legacy device. I finally was able to restore the device by connecting it to my BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

I'd recommend connecting it to Link and reinstalling the OS.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 08:10 AM
    My brick z10 (dead with 6 red flashing lights) did not want to connect to PC, but I found a solution for it..... use an ORIGINAL blackberry USB! I was using some random USB and it could charge my phone but could not connect it to PC.

If it connects then you can reset it using bb link or web reset.

cheers

Will
    11-03-14 09:50 AM
    On Tuesday afternoon as I was getting into my car, I took my Z10 out of my pocket only to see a steady red light and a black screen as my phone shut down. It has not shown any signs of life since. If I hold the power button down, I will get 2 quick red light flashes followed by a long (10 second) red light, and then nothing. My PC doesn't see the phone, and neither does Link. If I have link open and place my cursor in the right spot, and then hold the power button down until I get the 2 red light flashes and the long red light , I can click the "Reload" button only while the red light is on and my phone will show a green light while it starts the reload process. Link will then come up with a screen that says I need to download Desktop Manager software. If I cancel that process, Link terminates the reload process. If I agree to download the Desktop software, I will then get a software error message, and the process is terminated. Sachesi doesn't see my phone at all. I've tried all of these processes with the SIM card and microSD card out, and the battery (both old and new battery) in and out. Nothing has worked.

I've had my Z10 since May 2013, and have had no problems. Now this has happened. Is there any other course of action I can take?
    11-03-14 01:09 PM
    Ok

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-10-14 12:56 PM
36 12