Today I woke up to my Z10 with a Black Screen blinking red LED and it wont boot up. I have tried charging on the USB and using my old BB charger and I have also tried to force the boot up by holding down the power button and the volume key (and the small one in between the volume keys) but still nothing.

Can anyone please help me! I am absolutely lost without it and the prospect of it being sent off for 10-14 working days doesn't appeal! When I plug it to the laptop its also not recognised/found by the laptop.

I have got a Blackberry Protect account which offers to wipe the device would that do any good? All images etc have been backed up to box.com so it will only be some videos, apps etc that will be lost

At wits end!!

Any suggestions?

PLEASE!!!!

Thanks

Jeff
    Last edited by citrusfish; 08-20-13 at 10:57 AM.
    08-20-13 10:46 AM
    Jeff I'm not going to lie. I'm abit jealous of you right now. At least you have a blinking red light!!!! My cell won't boot up and no red light whatsoever. This has been since Sunday. I've tried everything. Different chargers, different methods plugging it in with a battery and without.

And oh ya I'm overseas!! Far far away from my mobile carrier and these guys here are looking at my cell phone like I'm an alien from outer space at the cell stores I have gone in to try to at least get a new z10 battery and try a swap.
    08-20-13 10:54 AM
    I took it into a store today and my battery booted up one of their boxed ones - i fear it was my last hope.

I just dont know what to do!!

Good luck with yours!!!
    007Storm likes this.
    08-20-13 11:48 AM
    This happened to me a while back. The phone is dead. Take it in or call for a warranty exchange.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 11:56 AM
    Today I woke up to my Z10 with a Black Screen blinking red LED and it wont boot up. I have tried charging on the USB and using my old BB charger and I have also tried to force the boot up by holding down the power button and the volume key (and the small one in between the volume keys) but still nothing.

Can anyone please help me! I am absolutely lost without it and the prospect of it being sent off for 10-14 working days doesn't appeal! When I plug it to the laptop its also not recognised/found by the laptop.

I have got a Blackberry Protect account which offers to wipe the device would that do any good? All images etc have been backed up to box.com so it will only be some videos, apps etc that will be lost

At wits end!!

Any suggestions?

PLEASE!!!!

Thanks

Jeff
    I'm not trying to sound like I'm belittling you, but you didn't mention if you've done a battery pull. If you've have my apologies.
    08-20-13 12:01 PM
    HOLD ON! Did you try the fix a bricked BB thread?
    08-20-13 12:01 PM
    [QUOTE=mathprof08;9040457]This happened to me a while back. The phone is dead. Take it in or call for a warranty exchange.

Im slowly resigning myself to this. Im not that happy about all the photos of the kids being still on there specially the nude baby ones when it goes to be sent off. Can I erase them anyway?
    08-20-13 12:02 PM
    Im gonna do that now! Good plan. Did find a previous thread with the same problem but no obvious answer. I have PM'd the guy to find out if he solved it. Will do the forum/google search now! Thanks!
    08-20-13 12:04 PM
    I'm not trying to sound like I'm belittling you, but you didn't mention if you've done a battery pull. If you've have my apologies.
    Yeah I have. Thanks for taking time to reply.
    08-20-13 12:05 PM
    I think you just have to reinstall the operating system. Same thing happened to me once. I would say just hook up to BB link and reinstall software.
    08-20-13 12:14 PM
    I think you just have to reinstall the operating system. Same thing happened to me once. I would say just hook up to BB link and reinstall software.
    Its not being found in BB link!!
    08-20-13 12:53 PM
    uninstall bblink, reinstal it with your phone pluged in the laptop/pc it might show you your phone and reset to factoryy settings
    08-20-13 01:00 PM
    If it's one flash 3 quick flashes and a single flash it's the red flash of death, time for a new phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 01:24 PM
    [QUOTE=JAGUARBREAKER;9040869]If it's one flash 3 quick flashes and a single flash it's the red flash of death, time for a new phone.

it is
    08-20-13 01:27 PM
    trying this How to Fix a

but just hanging on the checking . . . please wait screen
    08-20-13 01:28 PM
    At least you've got the LED flashing. When my first Z10 died I had some LED action but I still couldn't force my way in to save it. Then next two Z10's were less dramatic when the decided to give up the ghost. The second one chirped and went black. The third just went black. The fourth is a day old. The first one lasted 59 days, the second lasted 38 days and the third hung on for 53. Needless to say I back up a lot. Check out my thread "My third Z10 just bricked!" You might find something helpful there. Or, more likely, not.
    08-20-13 02:41 PM
    Hi Karl thanks for replying. I hope yours is a road I dont travel down!!! Im gonna try the Autoloader as a final resort and if that doesnt work admit defeat and take it back to the store tomorrow I think!
    08-20-13 03:14 PM
    Hi Karl thanks for replying. I hope yours is a road I dont travel down!!! Im gonna try the Autoloader as a final resort and if that doesnt work admit defeat and take it back to the store tomorrow I think!
    08-20-13 05:13 PM
    @KarlS @citrusfish,

I just replied on @KarlS "My Third Z10 Just Bricked". I feel both of your pain. After failing to revive my 2nd bricked Z10, I have admitted defeat this morning. Fortunately, Verizon is overnighting my replacement device and I'll have it tomorrow.

That being said, it is killing me to know what is causing this to happen. Obviously, I want to avoid it happening again, so I'm trying to figure our what NOT to do on my next device. I use my Z10 hard and wonder if I am overloading the phone, which I really hope is not the issue because I am a power user and need to push my smartphone to its limit. So here is how I Z10:

[LIST][*]Hardware: ST100-4 Verizon Z10 / 64GB MicroSD / (3) OEM BB Batteries / (3) OEM BB Wall Chargers / (2) OEM PB Wall Chargers[*]Software: 10.2.0.1047 (Autoloaded one day ago) / Unlocked Android Runtime (Sideloaded one day ago)[*]Hub: BES5 Corp Email / Gmail / Text / LinkedIn / Visual Voicemail / Twitter[*]Media: 64GB of Movies / Music / Pictures / Dropbox[*]Sideloaded Apps: Instagram / Netflix / Hulu / Pinterest / Shazam / Candy Crush / Google Maps / Pandora[*]BBW Apps: CB10! / Battery Guru / Stocks for BB10 / Angry Birds / Accuweather / Whatsup / Kindle / eBay / BeWeather / BeMaps

Before your all jump at me and tell me its my charger, batteries, SD card, sideloads; know that my wife shares all the same variables and her Z10 is going strong from Verizon launch day (with official Verizon 10.1OS and no more random restarts!). Also, I know I know, the leaked 10.2 OS or Android Runtime must have done it. Yet my previous Z10 was bare bones stock (no leaked OS or Unlocked Android Runtime) when it bricked. It went complete ghost 5 minutes into a "normal" day of use.

I'd really appreciate if a CrackBerry moderator or genius would offer some advice. Thank you to all who can help. We can all get through these hard times together
    08-28-13 08:52 AM
    It happens. Usually it can be restored. But BBs are manufactured in many locations around the world. There are slight differences in hardware even among the same model number. RAM and other chips, transistors, resistors often come from different manufacturers and even from the same manufacturer might have different binned pieces. As a result, those of us who have been watching this space for a long time will tell you 2 Verizon Z-10s with the same software can react very differently. A perfect example of this is that a good percent of users on the latest leaked OS can't load in a separate location in their mapping application - no matter what OS bar it comes from, yet most others don't have the issue. We saw this with how many Tours had scrolling issues that was traced to trackball construction, or how many Storms had issues due to how tight or loose the body was constructed....

I'm afraid I have no advice other than to make sure you always have decent insurance coverage.
    08-28-13 09:03 AM
    I just replied to the OP's comment on my "my third z10 just bricked". I'm now thinking that pulling the cord out of the USB port might be part of the problem.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 05:09 PM
    It happens. Usually it can be restored. But BBs are manufactured in many locations around the world. There are slight differences in hardware even among the same model number. RAM and other chips, transistors, resistors often come from different manufacturers and even from the same manufacturer might have different binned pieces. As a result, those of us who have been watching this space for a long time will tell you 2 Verizon Z-10s with the same software can react very differently. A perfect example of this is that a good percent of users on the latest leaked OS can't load in a separate location in their mapping application - no matter what OS bar it comes from, yet most others don't have the issue. We saw this with how many Tours had scrolling issues that was traced to trackball construction, or how many Storms had issues due to how tight or loose the body was constructed....

I'm afraid I have no advice other than to make sure you always have decent insurance coverage.
    Thank you for your response @1magine. I understand where you are coming from. I personally went through (4) Storms and every one reacted differently! There are far too many variables for every device and user to pinpoint a problem here. At the end of the day, if there is something I'm doing wrong, I just want to identify it. Throwing away (5) chargers, (2) microSD cards, (3) batteries seems extreme to rule out a problem with hardware accessories, no?

To play it safe, should I try to restore my last phone's backup and run Verizon's official 10.1.0.2039 for a few weeks to rule out the OS before diving back into 10.2.0.1047 with Unlocked Android Runtime and sideloaded apps?
    08-30-13 07:09 AM
    That is exactly the way to go
    08-30-13 07:20 AM
    Have you taken out your SD card, SIM card and the battery. Then connect it your PC running BB Link?
    It should then give you an option to reload the OS.

Posted via CB10 1.4.2 on Z10 10.1.0.4181 on the Rogers Network
    08-30-13 07:25 AM
    Have you taken out your SD card, SIM card and the battery. Then connect it your PC running BB Link?
    It should then give you an option to reload the OS.

Posted via CB10 1.4.2 on Z10 10.1.0.4181 on the Rogers Network
    My device is a "lead brick". Link doesn't recognize it. Can't reload software. Autoloader doesn't recognize it. It shows NO signs of life. Same thing happened to my first brick. I tried every combination of trying to start the device with / without battery, plugged into PC / wall, unplugged, SIM / no SIM, probably about 20 times for two days.
    08-30-13 09:36 AM
36 12