Why did they change the call screen? The new one looks like an unpolished android one. To answer a call one has to swipe left and android is to swipe right. It's easy and practical to swipe right to answer and it's faster than left. The ringtone muting button on the screen is useless in my opinion since pressing the volume buttons does that. The old look had an appeal to it. The 1st ad to have a bb10 phone started and showed with that feature. It's unique, fast, beautiful and in line with the flow concept BlackBerry wants. It is much faster to answer a call using the old version than this. Why fix something that is not broken?? What do you guys think?

Posted via CB10
    Oscar_E and GSM-S like this.
    12-20-13 04:43 PM
    Some people had problems with the old one and it has been reported that some people couldn't figure it out and returned the phone just because of the call screen. There were some that just swiped under and above the bar instead of just dragging the bar. There was a whole thread about 2 months back with a lot of responses from people that had trouble with the old call screen. I also loved the old call screen more than the current one and hope it makes it's return in the future, atleast as an option (highly unlikely). I think it would've been easier to just add a tutorial page on intial setup (like the swipe down for settings and up to get out of an app) than changing the call screen, so I guess there has to be more behind it.
    12-20-13 04:59 PM
    Why did they change the call screen? The new one looks like an unpolished android one. To answer a call one has to swipe left and android is to swipe right. It's easy and practical to swipe right to answer and it's faster than left. The ringtone muting button on the screen is useless in my opinion since pressing the volume buttons does that. The old look had an appeal to it. The 1st ad to have a bb10 phone started and showed with that feature. It's unique, fast, beautiful and in line with the flow concept BlackBerry wants. It is much faster to answer a call using the old version than this. Why fix something that is not broken?? What do you guys think?

Posted via CB10
    I say do away with call screens altogether!
    When a call comes in on my Z10, my bluetooth earpiece asks me "answer" or "ignore?"

When you say "much faster" just how fast does it have to be to satisfy you. There's already been reports of whiplash in several cases involving call screens.
    But, really... we're talking about a handheld mobile device here. Considering the change has been done, why not just try to enjoy it?

On the flip side, if the call screen is THAT important to you just downgrade to an older version with that older look that you liked. ( just suggesting...)

If it ain't broke......

Here's another idea.
    You might try swiping with you left hand instead of your right one. It's just as easy and practical and so much more fun than swiping with your right hand, that you'll forget all about that extra millisecond of speed and save yourself the risk of whiplash!

Hey... YOU ASKED what we thought!!
    eldricho likes this.
    12-20-13 05:15 PM
    Thank you for your responses, I really do appreciate your time. OK, how hard was it to teach people how to answer a call? How can people master the other gestures involved and say that they could not master a pull down and a pull up and have to return the device because of it? I respect everyone's choices and reasons but that's not to say majority did not get it. Like all new things with time people will get used to it as we will get used to the new one. If they changed it because of the few then there are a lot now that don't like the new look. I believe they did not give it enough time. It looked like no device around and every time people saw the call screen they knew it was a different devices, now it looks more android. Thank you

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 06:40 PM
    I say do away with call screens altogether!
    When a call comes in on my Z10, my bluetooth earpiece asks me "answer" or "ignore?"

When you say "much faster" just how fast does it have to be to satisfy you. There's already been reports of whiplash in several cases involving call screens.
    But, really... we're talking about a handheld mobile device here. Considering the change has been done, why not just try to enjoy it?

On the flip side, if the call screen is THAT important to you just downgrade to an older version with that older look that you liked. ( just suggesting...)

If it ain't broke......

Here's another idea.
    You might try swiping with you left hand instead of your right one. It's just as easy and practical and so much more fun than swiping with your right hand, that you'll forget all about that extra millisecond of speed and save yourself the risk of whiplash!

Hey... YOU ASKED what we thought!!
    Whiplash, I like that and no am not afraid of that. It was just an observation and a personal preference. I did ask for what you think and yes it was helpful and I'm thankful. I have downgraded thanks.

Posted via CB10
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    12-20-13 06:51 PM
    I didn't have any problem at all with the old screen but I do like the new screen better. It is easier for people on the Z30 because the screen is quite tall.

Btw, there was a long thread already about people wanting to keep the old call screen.

Z10 10.2.1.1055
    southlander likes this.
    12-20-13 06:55 PM
    I prefer the old one so far too they could keep the old option for us choose in settings ..

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    12-20-13 06:58 PM
    I like the new one. The old one was fine for me. But others have issues. My wife for example has trouble with it.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1055
    12-20-13 06:59 PM
    Is there a way we could keep the old look but still use the leak softwares? The way people load bar files, we can load it up after we install a new leak or official software? I hope I make sense.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 07:13 PM
    Why not give us the option ? if you want your old call screen just change it in the settings, that shouldn't be that hard to do.
    mudy and AndreyLepher like this.
    12-20-13 07:32 PM
    Thank you for your responses, I really do appreciate your time. OK, how hard was it to teach people how to answer a call? How can people master the other gestures involved and say that they could not master a pull down and a pull up and have to return the device because of it? I respect everyone's choices and reasons but that's not to say majority did not get it. Like all new things with time people will get used to it as we will get used to the new one. If they changed it because of the few then there are a lot now that don't like the new look. I believe they did not give it enough time. It looked like no device around and every time people saw the call screen they knew it was a different devices, now it looks more android. Thank you

Posted via CB10
    I could pretty much turn all of those statements back at you about your complaint. You can't believe people had issues with the old method? I can't believe you're having real challenging issues with the new one. Have you really gotten confused and thought you were answering an Android phone? Are you losing time out of your day because the new method is "slower"? More time than spent here complaining about it?

Serenity Now!!!
    JWWDUKE likes this.
    12-20-13 07:40 PM
    I could pretty much turn all of those statements back at you about your complaint. You can't believe people had issues with the old method? I can't believe you're having real challenging issues with the new one. Have you really gotten confused and thought you were answering an Android phone? Are you losing time out of your day because the new method is "slower"? More time than spent here complaining about it?

Serenity Now!!!
    I said as we will get used to this. I meant in time we'll all get used to this. I might have not been clear am sorry for that. I also said that if it was not broken why fix it? Since they did change it due to complaints what about the complaints now?
    But still get what you mean. Thanks for the response.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 08:00 PM
    I didn't like the new call screen at first, but it's grown on me. You answer left because the Answer button on older model Blackberry's was always on the left; End on the right. I find this new screen to be easier when holding the phone with one hand. Could it be more polished? Yes, but I see that screen maybe a total of 20 seconds in a day.
    12-20-13 08:14 PM
    I do prefer the old answer call option. Albeit I'm now getting used to this one...

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums mobile app
    12-20-13 08:16 PM