Any one else misses the old bbm?

It made RIM "BlackBerry now" famous, and people bought blackberries just for BBM
    BBM the only real social messenger

Getting updates about who changed his profile's picture, name or personal message.
    Having your contacts in different categories where you can see all your categories at the same time.
    Selecting all contacts except the contacts in the "No broadcast" category, and send a broadcast msg.

Now getting updates suck
    You have a select contacts one by one to send a broadcast.
    All your categories are open "I can't explain how this sucks but you'll know what i mean if you compare old BBm categories with the new BBM"

I like how they gave chats its own tab and i like BBM voice and video.

A lot of my change their minds about buying BB10 after trying the new BBM

It isn't that much different from whatsapp now.

Edit:
    No I'm not trolling and yes i have a Blackberry 10
    I just wanted to point out that BBM for BB10 misses a lot of good features.
    If you have a z10 and any older BB device
    Try checking your contacts' updates or sending a broadcast message and you'll notice the difference and know what I'm talking about.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by M Ress; 03-23-13 at 07:33 PM.
    03-23-13 05:43 PM
    It's like u don't have a z10. Ur comments make me feel u don't have one
    03-23-13 05:46 PM
    i'm thinking the same thing.
    03-23-13 05:50 PM
    It's like u don't have a z10. Ur comments make me feel u don't have one

The old BBM-img_00000370.png

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 05:54 PM
    People change their minds about buying a Z10 after trying the new BBM? You mean they buy the Z10, play with BBM, and return it because of the "new BBM"? Really?
    03-23-13 06:22 PM
    first ya'll ***** there should be an option to only send broadcats to certain people. Now you ***** its just too much work to select names. It sounds to me that you dont have a z10, just spent some time on youtube watching clips and dreaming????
    03-23-13 06:28 PM
    I have to agree as I've mentioned it in a previous post somewhere too, that I too miss the old BBM.

New BBM has some killer features but I muchhhh prefer the older layout and emoticons.

The guys asking if you miss the old BBM, and gave reasons for his own personal reasons as to why he misses them, I miss it for other reasons, you guys may not that's fine, if you don't or can't relate to a thread, why you feel the need to get defensive , no need to shoot man down.

Posted via CB10
    M Ress and Mr_F like this.
    03-23-13 06:35 PM
    I'm surely not the only person that is GLAD that you can't just select all for broadcasts. if I could I would turn broadcast messages off as I find them insanely useless and annoying.
    billsterjito and diegonei like this.
    03-23-13 06:38 PM
    People change their minds about buying a Z10 after trying the new BBM? You mean they buy the Z10, play with BBM, and return it because of the "new BBM"? Really?
    Did i say that they bought it and returned it?
    No
    They tried my z10

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 06:49 PM
    first ya'll ***** there should be an option to only send broadcats to certain people. Now you ***** its just too much work to select names. It sounds to me that you dont have a z10, just spent some time on youtube watching clips and dreaming????
    There's a difference between selecting and un selecting contacts by just pressing a button
    And having to select every contact on its own

Maybe it was hard for some of you to understand because of my English

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 06:51 PM
    I have to agree as I've mentioned it in a previous post somewhere too, that I too miss the old BBM.

New BBM has some killer features but I muchhhh prefer the older layout and emoticons.

The guys asking if you miss the old BBM, and gave reasons for his own personal reasons as to why he misses them, I miss it for other reasons, you guys may not that's fine, if you don't or can't relate to a thread, why you feel the need to get defensive , no need to shoot man down.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 06:54 PM
    I'll be honest I do miss the old BBM that I had on my 9900. But I'm sure future updates will make it even better. It's not a deal breaker but still I'd like to see some of the old BBM features come back.

Posted via CB10
    M Ress and Mr_F like this.
    03-23-13 06:57 PM
    I don't miss it. Not one bit. I guess I just 'keep moving'

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 07:01 PM
    I'm surely not the only person that is GLAD that you can't just select all for broadcasts. if I could I would turn broadcast messages off as I find them insanely useless and annoying.
    The UK is a big market for BlackBerry. Don't forget that the hooligans used BlackBerry to organise the street looting in the London riots, which were disruptive and damaging. So I'm one of those who support the removal of broadcasting.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 07:06 PM
    You can ask your contacts to put you in a "No broadcasts" catagory
    When ever they want to send a broadcast they can just unselect this catagory

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 07:12 PM
    New BBM lives!
    03-23-13 07:12 PM
    Any one else misses the old bbm?
    Posted via CB10
    This is the first version of BBM for BB10. I'm new to Blackberry but reading the forums I appreciate that there are features from the older BB's that are currently lacking in BB10. Right now at least.

I'd say give it some time. My guess is that Blackberry is going to slowly re-introduce some of the best features that faithful Blackberry fans came to know and love. The new OS is less than two months old (in people's hands), and right now the company is focused on trying to win over Apple and Android users no doubt.
    Mr_F likes this.
    03-23-13 07:14 PM
    Agree with OP.
    03-23-13 07:25 PM
    BlackBerry broke broadcast messages? Noooooo! /sarcasm

I have been BBMing daily since 2009 and I don't have a single bad thing to say about BBM on the Z10.

My BBM habits remain unchanged. And now I don't have to worry about countles entries of picture comments from groups. So it's BETTER than before, from my point of view.
    03-23-13 07:30 PM
    The only hiccup I have, is having to to a "hide update" for each new BBM contact. I don't want to see updates as I couldn't care less. Otherwise, I'm fine with the "NEW BBM". Long live the "NEW BBM"
    03-23-13 07:36 PM
    I agree with the OP. There are certain elements that I really miss about the old BBM. Things such as being able to combine recent updates from the same contact / group, being able to zoom out of display pictures, having a save / discard / cancel prompt when updating a display picture or status message and being able to drill down into a chat history by date.

Overall, the changes have made BBM a much less social experience for me. I don't check status updates as often as I used to (as they're now all over the place), which has resulted in me initiating fewer conversations.

I am fan of some of the newer additions & changes - namely BBM Video and the removal of being able to 'select all' for broadcasts.

I'm generally a fan of the direction they seem to be moving in - but BBM has without a shadow of a doubt become a 'different' experience for me - and I'm not entirely sure if that's a good thing.

Fingers crossed some of the legacy functionality comes to BBM10 via future updates.
    M Ress, hamsterwheel and imz like this.
    03-23-13 08:51 PM
    So I'm the only one who misses sending broadcasts :|

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    03-24-13 08:29 AM
    I retutned the Q10 for the exact same reasons. Went back to my 9900 bc I could not stand BBM10.
    10-23-13 06:14 PM
    I tried the Q10 out for 2 days and returned it for the same reasons you stated above. I'm an avid BBM user and I could not put up with the changes they made to the new BBM.

Why try to fix something that is not broken?

I felt so disorganized not being able to have separate groups/categories for my contacts. It made it much more difficult to find a contact and to broadcast messages to certain people. On my 9900 I just broadcast it to the group it applies to.

I know what you mean about the updates as well.

I feel like it's not as simplified as it should be. BlackBerry is all about being organized, so I'm hoping they release an update which will at least allow us to categorize contacts.

Now with BBM being cross-platform, a lot of ex-BBM users are back. Only one person who is as passionate about BBM as I am feels the same way as you and I do about the new BBM. Everyone else seems to like it.
    10-23-13 06:20 PM
    I tried the Q10 out for 2 days and returned it for the same reasons you stated above. I'm an avid BBM user and I could not put up with the changes they made to the new BBM.

Why try to fix something that is not broken?

I felt so disorganized not being able to have separate groups/categories for my contacts. It made it much more difficult to find a contact and to broadcast messages to certain people. On my 9900 I just broadcast it to the group it applies to.

I know what you mean about the updates as well.

I feel like it's not as simplified as it should be. BlackBerry is all about being organized, so I'm hoping they release an update which will at least allow us to categorize contacts.

Now with BBM being cross-platform, a lot of ex-BBM users are back. Only one person who is as passionate about BBM as I am feels the same way as you and I do about the new BBM. Everyone else seems to like it.
    We have categories for contacts.
    I miss adding voice notes to pics on groups.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 12:04 AM
35 12