With Google maps I could open the app, start typing a general area I'm looking for (when I don't know the address) and it automatically knows exactly what I'm looking for. Tonight I was looking for a football stadium out of town. Open bb maps and start typing the name of the city I was in "football stadium ". BlackBerry maps had no idea what I wanted. Really terrible. So then I go to the crappy browser and Google the place I wanted.. Google handled it like a piece of cake. Knew exactly where I wanted to go.

Maps is enough to make me wanna go back to android. Hope BlackBerry sells company to android.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 10:20 PM
    With Google maps I could open the app, start typing a general area I'm looking for (when I don't know the address) and it automatically knows exactly what I'm looking for. Tonight I was looking for a football stadium out of town. Open bb maps and start typing the name of the city I was in "football stadium ". BlackBerry maps had no idea what I wanted. Really terrible. So then I go to the crappy browser and Google the place I wanted.. Google handled it like a piece of cake. Knew exactly where I wanted to go.

Maps is enough to make me wanna go back to android. Hope BlackBerry sells company to android.

Posted via CB10
    Well, Android isn't a company, it's an operating system, so no, BlackBerry can't be sold to Android.
    moody, Mazokun and curvezzz like this.
    09-06-13 10:22 PM
    Solution: Use Google Maps.
    moody likes this.
    09-06-13 10:22 PM
    Uhhh, you can always use another map app.

I don't use any of the first party map apps on any system. Not even Google's. 3rd almost always makes a better and more features versions.
    09-06-13 10:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    Don't worry, you'll be alright.
    09-06-13 10:24 PM
    Solution: Use Google Maps.
    Google maps isn't native. I'm not side loading anything. Tried that before and every side loaded app runs like crap and crashes all the time.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 10:41 PM
    Nothing out there even comes close to Google maps.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 10:42 PM
    Google maps isn't native. I'm not side loading anything. Tried that before and every side loaded app runs like crap and crashes all the time.

Posted via CB10
    I use google maps in the browser on a daily basis and it works perfect for me. You can also use BlackBerry World - BeMaps 10 Pro - with Google Maps if you aren't opposed to paying for an app.
    09-06-13 10:43 PM
    Crappy browser?

Lmao! Lololololololololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololo--- take a breath-lololololololololololololololololololololololololo lololololololololololol!!!

I suppose the browser on your desktop sucks to because it takes you to those 'www.' addresses instead of the 'm.www'?

It sucks so bad looking at the real Internet doesn't it? We want our boxes of emptiness and players popping up to show us everything right!?
    ...Uhm... no.

I've used the most current android, just last night as a matter of fact. Used ios. Used BBOS. Only thing I haven't used is WP really. Nothing compares to BB10 browser. Except your pc browser.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 10:46 PM
    Crappy browser?

Lmao! Lololololololololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololo--- take a breath-lololololololololololololololololololololololololo lololololololololololol!!!

I suppose the browser on your desktop sucks to because it takes you to those 'www.' addresses instead of the 'm.www'?

It sucks so bad looking at the real Internet doesn't it? We want our boxes of emptiness and players popping up to show us everything right!?
    ...Uhm... no.
    Was all that really necessary? When this,
    I've used the most current android, just last night as a matter of fact. Used ios. Used BBOS. Only thing I haven't used is WP really. Nothing compares to BB10 browser. Except your pc browser.
    Posted via CB10
    Would've got your point across.
    bobauckland and Dr J39 like this.
    09-06-13 10:50 PM
    I'm using google maps within my Z10..work flawlessly..

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    09-06-13 10:55 PM
    Was all that really necessary? When this,

Would've got your point across.
    In the logic of my mind... no... in the feelings of my heart, so much yes!

Posted via CB10
    H_O_Boomaye and moody like this.
    09-06-13 10:56 PM
    Admin changed the title of my post.. I said BlackBerry MAPS IS ABYSMAL.

And it's true.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 11:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    This is simply not true. I am guessing that you have never used the leaked unlocked android runtime with Google maps. I use it for navigation every day and it has never let me down once.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 11:33 PM
    I don't want to go through the trouble of downloading and installing leaked os. I just want it to work.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 11:38 PM
    There are lots of issues I have with BlackBerry 10, but BlackBerry maps isn't one of them. As a matter of fact when I first used it, I sold my gps shortly after. BlackBerry maps is the best gps I've ever had in my car. Previous was tomtom one xl. Anyway I like it.

Presented by Dr. Emmett Brown on BlackBerry Z41
    09-07-13 12:19 AM
    I don't want to go through the trouble of downloading and installing leaked os. I just want it to work.

Posted via CB10
    I was in a similar position but installing the leaks was as easy as connecting my device to my PC via usb and doubling clicking the exe.

Either way, once 10.2 comes out that's one relatively large hurdle down. Then it's just a matter of side loading the bar, which in itself is quite painless too.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 12:24 AM
    You're comparing Google Maps to whatever crappy database and search system TomTom has?

I totally understand your frustration though. TomTom's POI database is so laughably incomplete vs. Google's that it is not even funny. Maybe if TomTom bust out the YellowPages every now and then, it wouldn't be so bad.
    09-07-13 01:16 AM
    Crappy browser?

...Uhm... no.

Posted via CB10
    Have you really used all those other systems?
    Cos I miss text reflow terribly.

Without that, at present, on the Q, the browser is excellent in benchmarks, in practice it's awful. You can't read or fine select anything and it can't reorder the page.
    It's the worst mobile browser I've ever used from a usability point of view.

Which is not to say it can't be improved, they just need to tweak it and that would be great.
    But to say the BB10 browser is in real world practice the best browser ever? Really?
    09-07-13 01:49 AM
    Have you really used all those other systems?
    Cos I miss text reflow terribly.

Without that, at present, on the Q, the browser is excellent in benchmarks, in practice it's awful. You can't read or fine select anything and it can't reorder the page.
    It's the worst mobile browser I've ever used from a usability point of view.

Which is not to say it can't be improved, they just need to tweak it and that would be great.
    But to say the BB10 browser is in real world practice the best browser ever? Really?
    In all honesty and truthfulness, really.

I've had numerous ipods, and have used many friends Iphones. Just recently I gave away the Samsung galaxy tab 2 I had when I bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, which after about 2 weeks, I ended up returning do to complete and utter frustration with android. Son for about the last week or two, I've been androidless for the first time in a year, and still have an ipod. My first android ended up being a mobile arcade, just something to play games on, the second one, I could not justify spending almost 500 bucks on another mobile arcade while giving me no useful function. My ipod, is simply there for podcasts now. But here's the thing, I bought all these gadgets with the intention of getting actual use out of them, and what I use more than anything on gadgets other than my phone, (my phone is used for everything, productivity number one) is all within the browser. I surf alot. I am constantly looking stuff up, researching, googling, I'd say I spend several hours a day in my browser, maybe not long stretches, but use it throughout the day. Ipod is pointless to surf on, all mobile Web, all these websites just handicapped because ios can't view the break Internet. Android, default browser sucked. It did have a desktop mode which made it world's better than Ios, but still lacking. Chrome was better, but even when loading flash to the tabs, it didn't work in chrome.

I heat a lot of people talking about the text reflow, but I don't have an issue with it. Apparently a lot do though, so hope they fix it fast. When I am on a page I tend to look at it in landscape (same as I would on the ipod and android) and I can see everything. If I'm on a text heavy site with a lot of reading, I click reader mode and it's perfect. Personally, and I know this is simply my opinion, and I'm in the minority, the issue of the text reflow is much less than the toolbars on top and the Android buttons on bottom of the samsungs. The viewable space is just cut l down to nothing. Without the flash player, as I'm sure most regular consumers didn't go to the trouble of downloading flash from outside the play store, it's still not real internet. If you watched a vid, it would open in a separate player, so you couldn't continue about the site while an embedded video played. Perhaps the issue with the reflow is bigger on q10 than Z10 because of the smaller screensize?

But with complete honesty, and without trying to sound like I'm trashing the bother guys, to me there is simply no comparison between browsers on the three os's. IPhone you're basically looking at the Internet through a jail cell Window, hands and feet shackled. Android, you can go anywhere and everywhere, but you're wearing prison stripes and dragging a ball and chain around behind you. BB10, well you're running free through the wide open fields of the Internet.

Posted via CB10
    niss63 likes this.
    09-07-13 02:24 AM
    BlackBerry maps may not be as polished as Google maps but.......its fantastic here in the UK it's never ever let me down got were I need to go every time.

And to say the browser is crappy seriously it's the best browser on any phone out.

It hands down beats androids browser it's so fast and smooth.

Z10 enough said!
    09-07-13 02:55 AM
    There is no data for my country, Pakistan, in maps. Whenever I start maps app I get " no data available for your country". 2 updates and no data well done BlackBerry.

Posted 2 CB via Z 10
    09-07-13 02:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    You are aware Google has been driving cars, and walking people over every square inch of the earth, while recording /documenting for at least a decade now right? While BlackBerry is a struggling phone company.

Part of me doesn't even want to believe you, because I use my BlackBerry Maps in that same way all the time as I'm on the road for work quite often. It does a great job recognizing locations, just as efficient as my TomTom.

I've really think the browser is crappy?

With that being said I hope your BlackBerry experience gets better.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 06:28 AM
    I hate how you can't choose alt routes as in avoiding tolls or highways it always makes me blow I passes lmao

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 06:33 AM
    Nothing out there even comes close to Google maps.

Posted via CB10
    You are sure right there... no other map software has tried to make me take a left turn into oncoming traffic in a right turn only roundabout.

That was the last time I ever used a Google application willingly.

Posted via CB10
    Nharzhool likes this.
    09-07-13 06:37 AM
62 123