So I have been hassling Pay By Phone Parking about their app and how it doesn't hold information anymore. But I recently downloaded Evolution Browser again from BlackBerry World and logged in through Evolution and booked marked my Pay by Phone location and it works JUST FINE. So now I'm thinking it's BlackBerry Browser and it doesn't hold the "stay signed in to save time " feature. Evolution remembers everything but not BlackBerry Browser. Any ideas? Thanks gang. It used to - Pay by Phone added an extra confirmation page and everything got screwed up not sure who to blame.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 12:55 AM
    Looks like you found a good work around, just use the Evolution browser! I know the developer, his stuff is good quality!
    tg1 likes this.
    02-10-14 03:41 PM
    I'm confused, is it a problem with the Pay By Phone app or BlackBerry Browser?

I have the Pay By Phone parking app for Vancouver from Snap and seems to work well.

What does the browser have to do with it?

Brian

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 12:13 AM
    I think it is the BlackBerry browser as it doesn't 'save' the data. If you click on the 'Remember data for next time' the BlackBerry browser doesn't remember it BUT the Evolution Browser does! Maybe I'm missing some feature within the BlackBerry browser to turn on the remember capability but I've looked and can't get it to work. I've notified Pay By Phone bit I thought I would check with the forum to see if anyone else is having this issue or if it is just me. I'm open to ideas. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 02:10 PM
    Why don't you use the android app? Works great!

You do need 10.2.1.xxx installed.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 02:29 PM
    Here's the android app on GooglePlay:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...com.paybyphone

I am not able to get you access to it through APK-DL.com for some reason. I guess I had to get it through Snap.

Let me know if you need help getting it on your phone.
    02-12-14 04:25 PM
    Are you using private browsing on the bb browser?
    02-12-14 05:15 PM
    Looks like you found a good work around, just use the Evolution browser! I know the developer, his stuff is good quality!
    pkcable are you able to change the post title? I assume this was a typo. It probably should say "Pay By Phone Parking and BlackBerry Browser"
    02-12-14 05:26 PM
    I wasn't even aware that you could access PayByPhone via the browser. But I checked it out and looks good. I was not able to check the "remember data for next time" option as I was not paying for parking at this time....

As I said before, just get the app. Works great!
    02-12-14 05:33 PM
    Android app works great!
    02-13-14 08:15 AM
    My fault for the title issue too fast on the Z10 keys. I'd like to use BlackBerry apps and related products where possible. As for the private browsing - not that I'm aware of. Thanks for the link to the Android app though. I was kind of hoping that either Pay by Phone would answer the issue or there would be an edit to the BlackBerry browser to make the Pay by Phone web app work better.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 10:18 AM
    pkcable are you able to change the post title? I assume this was a typo. It probably should say "Pay By Phone Parking and BlackBerry Browser"
    Sorry Brian that was my fault. Can a post creator change the title once it has been posted?

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 10:20 AM
    Sorry Brian that was my fault. Can a post creator change the title once it has been posted?

Posted via CB10
    Pretty sure a mod has to change the title now.
    02-13-14 10:21 AM